KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Death rate is near H1N1.
infection rate is much higher though, which means more people die. Are you sure that's what you said?
Infection rate is higher, yep. But we're looking at a mortality rate that is somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3. The more antibody testing they do, the more they see that there are millions of people that have already had it. Over 25% of NYC has had it. Over 20% of the surrounding counties and northern New Jersey have already had it. It was rough at first for the hospitals, mostly because they were unprepared with PPE, but now that the spare hospital capacity has been built up and we've seen the smaller mortality rate, we should be going back to work. 2x or 3x the normal influenza annual deaths is not nothing, but it's not the catastrophe that was predicted by institutions like Imperial College.

We can't keep letting the most risk-averse among us drive the response. It's done real damage.
2-3x the ANNUAL flu rate in 3 months.

I agree - science and statistics should lead policy. It should be fairly simple - look at the spread vs. infected vs. available health resources, and open up society in phases accordingly.

What shouldn't happen is fat fucks in hunting gear and airsoft LARPING gear storming government buildings, and politicians encouraging that type of action. What shouldn't happen is people creating a false narrative that this was all just an overblown response. What shouldn't happen is people giving the federal government a pass on their terrible responses thus far.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Jay wrote:

My wife and I both had positive antibody tests. We're breaking out of quarantine to visit friends tomorrow for the first time in almost two months.
my antibody test came back negative today
lil_droo
+19|1496

Jay wrote:

My wife and I both had positive antibody tests. We're breaking out of quarantine to visit friends tomorrow for the first time in almost two months.
where did u get the antibody test from? i know ppl aren't certain how effective they are yet etc etc but i'm curious. i wanna get tested. i'm pretty certain i had it (maybe asymptomatic) considering i work and spend a lot of time in the parts of LA that got hit the hardest so far. i also traveled and was on several different flights in the weeks leading up to the lockdown.

what were your symptoms like btw? i heard something that the virus may have been around since last fall/winter in the states. i got pretty sick around december. horrible cough that lasted about 2 weeks and high fever the first few nights plus loss of taste (weirdest thing which i've never really experienced before)

@Ken or better yet where did u get yours from since you're in socal. i haven't seen any advertising for the antibody test out here wtf.

Last edited by lil_droo (2020-05-01 19:22:14)

gang shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

the one i got was 87% accurate on false negatives, so there's still a small chance i had it.

Go to your doctor and request one.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

infection rate is much higher though, which means more people die. Are you sure that's what you said?
Infection rate is higher, yep. But we're looking at a mortality rate that is somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3. The more antibody testing they do, the more they see that there are millions of people that have already had it. Over 25% of NYC has had it. Over 20% of the surrounding counties and northern New Jersey have already had it. It was rough at first for the hospitals, mostly because they were unprepared with PPE, but now that the spare hospital capacity has been built up and we've seen the smaller mortality rate, we should be going back to work. 2x or 3x the normal influenza annual deaths is not nothing, but it's not the catastrophe that was predicted by institutions like Imperial College.

We can't keep letting the most risk-averse among us drive the response. It's done real damage.

I agree - science and statistics should lead policy. It should be fairly simple - look at the spread vs. infected vs. available health resources, and open up society in phases accordingly.

What shouldn't happen is fat fucks in hunting gear and airsoft LARPING gear storming government buildings, and politicians encouraging that type of action. What shouldn't happen is people creating a false narrative that this was all just an overblown response. What shouldn't happen is people giving the federal government a pass on their terrible responses thus far.
Agreed, but who the fuck elects a woman named Gretchen and expects logic? It's the most Karen name ever.

The LARPing is stupid, but so were a lot of her restrictions. Can't buy seeds? Come on.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lil_droo wrote:

Jay wrote:

where did u get the antibody test from? i know ppl aren't certain how effective they are yet etc etc but i'm curious. i wanna get tested. i'm pretty certain i had it (maybe asymptomatic) considering i work and spend a lot of time in the parts of LA that got hit the hardest so far. i also traveled and was on several different flights in the weeks leading up to the lockdown.

what were your symptoms like btw? i heard something that the virus may have been around since last fall/winter in the states. i got pretty sick around december. horrible cough that lasted about 2 weeks and high fever the first few nights plus loss of taste (weirdest thing which i've never really experienced before)

@Ken or better yet where did u get yours from since you're in socal. i haven't seen any advertising for the antibody test out here wtf.
we both had positive covid tests, me from NYS department of health and her from our doctor. Our doctor is helping with the research so she was given tests. She gave us both our antibody tests.

I had a 3 day cold basically. My wife had the flu plus chest tightness for like 9 days.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-01 19:30:11)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Agreed, but who the fuck elects a woman named Gretchen and expects logic? It's the most Karen name ever.

The LARPing is stupid, but so were a lot of her restrictions. Can't buy seeds? Come on.
where does this affectation of misogyny come from in your posting lately? is that big on the national review too?

you should respect women. wasn't your mother good to you?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Appreciation for women is a foundational aspect of Christianity. Not only is the story of the birth of Jesus a story of a mother's love but the precursor religion of Christianity, Judaism, practices matrilineal descent.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3453
thank you for your contribution.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Why do you hate Christianity?
uziq
+492|3453
i do not hate religion or christianity. i am glad you brought attention to the importance of women.

i would like to know how master logic wielder jay thinks stereotypes about women being 'not logical' hold any water. like his claims that liberals are 'emotional', i suppose.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Women are the more logical and overall better balanced of the two genders. Look up the crime stats. The overwhelming majority of violent crime is committed by men.
uziq
+492|3453
i found a cute picture in my inbox when browsing through our storied past. a sweet remembrance. back in happier times.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW-uNd9WsAU7CjP?format=png&name=small

(l--r): dilbert, me and jay.

smiles all around!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why was it important to ban the sale of garden seeds when everyone is stuck at home? How is it at all legal to ban travel between a person's multiple homes? Her administration went overboard on the restrictions in a state that has had active militias for decades. She was stupid and overplayed her hand.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Women are the more logical and overall better balanced of the two genders. Look up the crime stats. The overwhelming majority of violent crime is committed by men.
this is a guy denigrating a state leader for being a woman without logic whilst thinking trump is doing a great job. trump thinks logic is a strip club in atlantic city.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

this is a guy denigrating a state leader for being a woman without logic whilst thinking trump is doing a great job. trump thinks logic is a strip club in atlantic city.
Is this because I called you a woman? Is that why you're sticking up for them for the first time in 10 years?
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
no i've just noticed you parroting the 'karen' stuff a lot here today and more recently posted a bunch of stuff about 'voting like a woman',  'thinking like a woman'.

it's very noticeable. i'm not a feminist. i'm just amused where you acquire these affectations from.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I'm a feminist. Only gay men would be opposed to feminism.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
If your state reopens do any of you plan to actually go out?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Death rate is near H1N1.
Infection rate is higher, yep. But we're looking at a mortality rate that is somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3. The more antibody testing they do, the more they see that there are millions of people that have already had it. Over 25% of NYC has had it. Over 20% of the surrounding counties and northern New Jersey have already had it. It was rough at first for the hospitals, mostly because they were unprepared with PPE, but now that the spare hospital capacity has been built up and we've seen the smaller mortality rate, we should be going back to work. 2x or 3x the normal influenza annual deaths is not nothing, but
Great! So based on your figures New York still has around 36,000 deaths to go, assuming 10% of the US has been infected around another 585,000 for the country as a whole. Are you OK with ~600,000 people dying?

it's not the catastrophe that was predicted by institutions like Imperial College.
Still a fair catastrophe, projections do tend to have margins of error, and we're not done yet.
I'd say things like the America's failure to deal with the Chinese Bat Flu and the GFC should have taught us that letting pro-risk people run things is not productive.
Your state has 200x the death rate per capita my country does, pro-risk individualism doesn't seem to have worked.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-05-02 00:54:56)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Colorado paramedic who came to NYC to help with pandemic dies of coronavirus; family says he ‘did what he loved ... right up until the very end’ may 01
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus … story.html

But jay just got the sniffles. Why is everyone overreacting so much.
uziq
+492|3453
100 people just died in a single  nursing home in NYC.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

States ordered nursing homes to take COVID-19 residents. Thousands died. How it happened 5/2
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat … 063508001/

Jay's wholeheartedly adopted the Karen meme. Maybe he's having a good chortle at the "boomer remover" one too while he replaces the other half of his wardrobe with virus sale clothing.
Larssen
+99|1889

Jay wrote:

For all I know, dilbert is 7'0" tall and can crush boulders.
Lmao

Dilbert wrote:

Are you OK with ~600,000 people dying?
Hasn't he made it plenty clear that he is. Economy above people. A few hundred thousand, a million - an acceptable price to pay.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-05-02 04:25:00)

uziq
+492|3453
has anyone seen the alex jones freakout video where he talks about gutting and skinning his neighbours to feed his children?

he's like 'i will sacrifice all of you for my family'.

it's like word-for-word exactly the same thing jay said when he last lost his temper (well, not last time, no, not the time before last, the time before that ...). wah wah wah i don't care if all of you have to die so that myyyy children can go to kindergarten.

it's amazing how all these right-wing logic bros are going absolutely loopy after one month at home by themselves. how many times has jay totally lost his temper and lashed out in the last month? he's beginning to crack. not even building raccoon shelters is proving therapeutic.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-02 03:53:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard