uziq
+492|3444
total war and RTS games are also the nerdiest, neckbearded genre of them all. it doesn't even have the advantage of being social. games played by men with black wood-effect bookshelves full of lurid historical fiction.

meanwhile i'm over here playing wow:classic with my girlfriend, who is stuck in quarantine and has never played a game before. it's a blast. jay is so going out of his mind at home with his wife and kids that he's constructing racoon shelters, just to get away from them.

i think he needs to leverage some of his immense wealth and buy a gaming PC.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 08:06:30)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
I have poured 75+ hours into a hunting game in less than 2 weeks. Am I dad gaming correctly yet?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
Next time we playing I'm shooting to scare everything away again.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Prick should be your name
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
Send tazz your request
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay, as the nicest person here to you and your best bf2s friend, I would be happy to teach you how to play Magic the Gathering.
I had a red/black deck back in high school
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Adams_BJ wrote:

I have poured 75+ hours into a hunting game in less than 2 weeks. Am I dad gaming correctly yet?
dad gaming is when you whine to your wife that you need a break and she grants you a 3 hour window once per month. 75 hours is unheard of.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
Firefighters have lots of free time
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

all firefighters do here is respond to old people house calls, cook, and play xbox. Thank you for your service.
uziq
+492|3444
so germany's death rate is pretty much flat, and looks a lot like china.

where's dilbert with his conspiracy-talk about china having a secret vaccine all along, weaponizing a pandemic to defeat the whites, etc.?

it can be done when a western nation has the will and the werewithal. sweden is similarly flat and they're not even on a lockdown.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

where's dilbert with his conspiracy-talk about china having a secret vaccine all along, weaponizing a pandemic to defeat the whites, etc.?

it can be done when a western nation has the will and the werewithal. sweden is similarly flat and they're not even on a lockdown.
I bet our death rate is pretty similar. Fairly sure at least half of NYC has had it already.
-Frederick Bastiat
Larssen
+99|1879
I did not die therefore our death rate is flat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

all firefighters do here is respond to old people house calls, cook, and play xbox. Thank you for your service.

Jay wrote:

No need for that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Larssen wrote:

Why would you expect our death rate to be higher than Germany's or China's?
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
So the subreddit for conspiracies caught some wind so I've been reading it and have been thinking about regurgitating their opinions on coronavirus to Republicans. So when they say it's all Chinese conspiracy I'll just say it's really Bill Gates conspiracy in league with the Rockefeller foundation to vaccinate everyone with a vaccine that causes infertility.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

So the subreddit for conspiracies caught some wind so I've been reading it and have been thinking about regurgitating their opinions on coronavirus to Republicans. So when they say it's all Chinese conspiracy I'll just say it's really Bill Gates conspiracy in league with the Rockefeller foundation to vaccinate everyone with a vaccine that causes infertility.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

because far, far fewer people in germany have contracted it than in america? this isn't complicated jay?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay, as the nicest person here to you and your best bf2s friend, I would be happy to teach you how to play Magic the Gathering.
I had a red/black deck back in high school
Please tell more about. A red-black deck is called a Rakdos deck. I think red is a good color to represent you. My favorite decks are blue-black.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3444

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

I bet our death rate is pretty similar. Fairly sure at least half of NYC has had it already.
https://images.newscientist.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/15174045/200415_ns_covid19_web_1x.png?width=778
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

RTHKI wrote:

I would highly suggest you not visit that sub anymore. "When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you."
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3444
--neetsh
Larssen
+99|1879
Looking at the graph the growth rate in southern Europe is a little surprising considering how "early" they were with lockdowns. Perhaps like SARS this virus can spread through sewage systems and the like? I'm not sure how beyond 3 weeks of total lockdown the numbers can still grow at this pace.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-04-15 15:04:58)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Probably the incubation time is quite variable outside the supposed 14 day window, and I'm guessing its much more transmissible through air than people think.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

because far, far fewer people in germany have contracted it than in america? this isn't complicated jay?
Those are total numbers. Not rates.

10% x 10,000,000 would be 1,000,000.

10% x 10,000 = 1,000.

Same rate, different total. Ya ken?

Are we less healthy than the Chinese? Fatter, yes, but our smoking rates are astronomically lower, and this is a resperatory infection. I would expect them to suffer more.
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
I actually do think the US' death rate is going to be higher than most other countries because of the healthcare setup. Not the quality, but the access. There's a certain culture among those without adequate health insurance that it's better to try and weather the illness than to go into potentially life-long debt to seek medical help.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard