Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England
sorry newbie
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Having an unimaginable blast, I see. Maybe I had you all wrong. I took what you said on page one as an insult. But maybe your norm truly is to wallow in glee at any small conveniences local or global disaster might afford you.

Not for me, sorry.
Should I be depressed and miserable all day? You can laugh, or you can cry. I choose to laugh.
Did you get that from Tyler Durden or Heath Ledger's Joker?
He probably got it from Jack Nicholson's Joker.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Having an unimaginable blast, I see. Maybe I had you all wrong. I took what you said on page one as an insult. But maybe your norm truly is to wallow in glee at any small conveniences local or global disaster might afford you.

Not for me, sorry.
Should I be depressed and miserable all day? You can laugh, or you can cry. I choose to laugh.
Neither.

Look, I spent a year in a shit hole dodging mortar fire and not knowing if I was going to come home. That's rock bottom, man. After you go through something like that everything seems tolerable.

Last edited by Jay (2020-03-29 15:40:48)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Somewhere in the distance, a tearful child squeaks out "thank you for your service."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Neither.

Look, I spent a year in a shit hole dodging mortar fire and not knowing if I was going to come home. That's rock bottom, man. After you go through something like that everything seems tolerable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
That clip is awfully sacrilegious for a Lutheran.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Somewhere in the distance, a tearful child squeaks out "thank you for your service."
No need for that. I'm just saying, being forced to work from home, paid, is not the worst thing in the world. Yeah, I got sick, but I feel mostly better now. People should be using this time to learn a new skill like cooking, or woodworking, or if they're stuck in their apartment, getting really fucking awesome at some video game. Control what you can control, and don't worry about the rest. Spending your entire day watching or reading the news, speculating internally about when you're gonna catch the virus will just make you depressed.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

why do you take such a disproportionate glee in watching innocent people who have faith die?
They take a disproportionate glee in watching godless heathens die, I enjoy seeing their moronic dogma disproven.

‘We owe it to God’: as Indonesia prays, how is it keeping the coronavirus at bay?
Indonesia’s health minister attributes the country’s lack of coronavirus cases to prayer – despite a study showing it should have had cases by now
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-e … it-keeping

And they did have cases, they knew it at the time.

We should probably force religions to disband, for the greater good.
It would also be good to get the average dogma junkie off that crack.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-29 15:54:09)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Neither.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
That clip is awfully sacrilegious for a Lutheran.
prolly
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3461

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No need for that. I'm just saying, being forced to work from home, paid, is not the worst thing in the world. Yeah, I got sick, but I feel mostly better now. People should be using this time to learn a new skill like cooking, or woodworking, or if they're stuck in their apartment, getting really fucking awesome at some video game. Control what you can control, and don't worry about the rest. Spending your entire day watching or reading the news, speculating internally about when you're gonna catch the virus will just make you depressed.
you do realise coronavirus lasts like 2-3 weeks right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've been sick since around Monday. I'm fairly certain I peaked 2 days ago.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Jay wrote:

I'm just saying, being forced to work from home, paid, is not the worst thing in the world. Yeah, I got sick, but I feel mostly better now. People should be using this time to learn a new skill like cooking, or woodworking, or if they're stuck in their apartment, getting really fucking awesome at some video game. Control what you can control, and don't worry about the rest. Spending your entire day watching or reading the news, speculating internally about when you're gonna catch the virus will just make you depressed.
I think that people can follow the headlines and be concerned for their health and the health of their friends and family without being reduced to the nervous hand-wringing wreck you illustrate. I post links to articles because doctors not having enough equipment in a wealthy nation, among many of the other stories attached to this pandemic, seem strange and unusual. Otherwise, I'm still working.

You've basically gone from "guys you're so dumb, it doesn't matter," to "ok it matters a bit. Stop picking on me." Also, did you actually test positive for cornavirus, or were you just feeling a bit under the weather?

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No need for that.
Going to clip that away for the next time you suggest I want to see my parents die or whatever.

Remember to wash your hands!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

You should immediately attend Protestant churches services. You can show off your new budget internet wardrobe.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'm just saying, being forced to work from home, paid, is not the worst thing in the world. Yeah, I got sick, but I feel mostly better now. People should be using this time to learn a new skill like cooking, or woodworking, or if they're stuck in their apartment, getting really fucking awesome at some video game. Control what you can control, and don't worry about the rest. Spending your entire day watching or reading the news, speculating internally about when you're gonna catch the virus will just make you depressed.
I think that people can follow the headlines and be concerned for their health and the health of their friends and family without being reduced to the nervous hand-wringing wreck you illustrate. I post links to articles because doctors not having enough equipment in a wealthy nation, among many of the other stories attached to this pandemic, seem strange and unusual. Otherwise, I'm still working.

You've basically gone from "guys you're so dumb, it doesn't matter," to "ok it matters a bit. Stop picking on me." Also, did you actually test positive for cornavirus, or were you just feeling a bit under the weather?

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No need for that.
Going to clip that away for the next time you suggest I want to see my parents die or whatever.

Remember to wash your hands!
Getting tested tomorrow morning
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

You should immediately attend Protestant churches services. You can show off your new budget internet wardrobe.
Internet protestant service would go well with my internet wardrobe! Brilliant!
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

That's not even really church. You might as well watch some guy talk about Jesus on youtube.

You need to go your church and introduce everyone to the practice of communal wine drinking.
https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2017-11/HighfieldStPeters_May2017_Adam%20Shaw%20%284%29.jpg
uziq
+492|3461

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

it takes 7-10 days after presenting symptoms to develop into its second phase. all this is well attested to by the oodles of data. i wish you luck.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

That's not even really church. You might as well watch some guy talk about Jesus on youtube.

You need to go your church and introduce everyone to the practice of communal wine drinking.
I'll look for some Joel Osteen reruns
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3461

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

So the power of muslim prayer didn't keep Indonesia safe, they started seeing clusters of pneumonia in mid-January but kept it secret.
Now they have people collapsing in the streets.

Glad thats cleared up.
why do you take such a disproportionate glee in watching innocent people who have faith die?

secular countries have mis-stepped just as badly. what's the relevance of the fact they congregate in churches rather than the secular religion, market places and shopping malls? it seems to me that both the religious and the strictly materialistic seem to behave as if they're immortal -- buoyed up by the same talismanic beliefs.
the names of the first three UK doctors/clinicians working in the NHS to die from coronavirus:

amged el-hawrani
adel ed-tayar
habib zaidi.

remember that the next time dilbert starts gloating about muslims getting sick and dying because they have faith.

apparently it's amusing that people congregating at places of worship transmit disease, but westerner's gathering at sports stadiums or for spring break are not culturally suspect. OK boomer.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-29 16:35:26)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
When did I say I was glad to see people dying?

I'd be a lot happier if no-one were religious, then we could all get along a lot better.

Clearly you didn't see my spring-break post then.
https://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?p … 1#p3962671

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-29 16:37:32)

uziq
+492|3461
i don't really see the special relevance why you keep talking about religious australians, south korean churches, indonesian mosques, etc.

it is spreading where people congregate. that you're from a society where people congregate religiously in order to buy clothes from indonesia on sale is neither here nor there.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pretty sure when this is done mass gatherings of morons will be pegged as a key driver, religion, sport, partying etc.

'people congregate religiously in order to buy clothes from indonesia' ok whatever you say.
uziq
+492|3461
ok, rotund retirement-age westerners congregate on cruise ships, disembarking and spreading disease. pick your example.

what's your solution? no more mass gatherings, i guess? what a wonderful idea from bf2s's resident recluse.

I'd be a lot happier if no-one were religious, then we could all get along a lot better.
i am QUITE confident, judging from the amount of vituperative bullshit you spout on here, that, were the entire world secular, you'd find plenty enough other reasons to hate people and divide them. you'd start in earnest on the humanities/arts lot after dispensing with the religious. i think you need to do a little more self-examination and realise that perhaps the bitterness and frustration stems from you, not the world.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-29 16:49:13)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
If the Cruise ships go bankrupt then good. That's a baby boomer activity anyway.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i am QUITE confident, judging from the amount of vituperative bullshit you spout on here, that, were the entire world secular, you'd find plenty enough other reasons to hate people and divide them. you'd start in earnest on the humanities/arts lot after dispensing with the religious. i think you need to do a little more self-examination and realise that perhaps the bitterness and frustration stems from you, not the world.
Once again, you're not a psychoanalyst, don't you tell Jay to stick to his knitting and leave it to experts?

If boomers want to go on Norwalk cruises I hope they have a nice time, just don't come back.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
Cruise liners should be punished for incorporating in that African country they are all registered to. Let them go bankrupt and turn their ships into hospital ships.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard