SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Jay wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Honestly I think I have it. There's been a weakness in my lungs when taking a deep breath for a week or so but no other symptoms so no test for me. Was nice knowing you all.
I've had the same. A bit phlegmy, but no fever. I've had that belt tightening around the chest feeling.

I called the health department to schedule a test after I found out I was exposed on Tuesday, they finally got back to me yesterday and I'm scheduled for a test on Monday.

I honestly really hope I have it right now, because whatever I have is mild.
My lungs have been hurting for days and still are. I thought I might have overdone it with the marijuana vape but I now wonder if I am mildly infected.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

uziq wrote:

you do realize that every country on earth has varied social classes and a political spectrum, right?
Ours are particularly shit. They give zero fucks about anything except scoring the newest pair of Jordans and having as much sex as possible.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
yeah that's it, jay, when shown you are massively wrong on an issue in just about every single conceivable way, resolve your cognitive dissonance by producing tabloid-headlines about the underclass. it's all their fault!

i thought it was the global jet-setting elites and bankers? the shah of iran and xi jinping having champagne together at les alps? those damn people who all went to the same school trying to force their authoritarian, right-on mindset to us noble independents?

first it's weak people craving direction and control from above, from those globalist elites who want to control us all. now the problem is poor people not following official orders well enough?

make up your mind mate.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-27 06:08:15)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

yeah that's it, jay, when shown you are massively wrong on an issue in just about every single conceivable way, resolve your cognitive dissonance by producing tabloid-headlines about the underclass. it's all their fault!

i thought it was the global jet-setting elites and bankers? the shah of iran and xi jinping having champagne together at les alps? those damn people who all went to the same school trying to force their authoritarian, right-on mindset to us noble independents?

first it's weak people craving direction and control from above, from those globalist elites who want to control us all. now the problem is poor people not following official orders well enough?

make up your mind mate.
It's both. The idiots at the top travel too much, and the idiots at the bottom don't give a fuck about tomorrow so why would they care about a virus?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
righty-o.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

you do realize that every country on earth has varied social classes and a political spectrum, right?
Ours are particularly shit. They give zero fucks about anything except scoring the newest pair of Jordans and having as much sex as possible.
only the poor want nice clothes and to screw.

Jay wrote:

One upside to this lockdown is the clothing sales online have been tremendous. I've basically replaced half my wardrobe
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

It's so funny seeing Jay attempting to steer towards some high road on this after the content of his posts starting from page one.

"It's just the flu, stop overreacting; washing your hands is OCD and you must LOVE all the death and mayhem because basic hygiene is normal now."

Now it's "why are you guys picking on me?" I had an appropriately small violin for this occasion, but I seemed to have misplaced it. "It's all the shitty, dumb poor people's fault!"

Isn't Tom Hanks' net worth like 9 figures?

e:
Jay: Stupid people and their Air Jordans
Also Jay: I've replaced basically half of my wardrobe during the corona sales!
uziq
+492|3451
i'm convinced that jay is just a very low watt bulb. he is a stupid person. i've always believed before that you can give someone a good education, point them in the right direction, equip them with the skills necessary for research, critical thinking, independent thought, etc. and they will essentially grow into a well-rounded adult individual. different views, different politics, different tastes -- sure. that's all part of healthy democratic exchange. but most importantly the ability to read and assay information, to analyse complex issues and respond accordingly.

jay lacks all of that. he is just a stupid person. i'm not sure they should even be allowed to reproduce. it's bad for the species.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's so funny seeing Jay attempting to steer towards some high road on this after the content of his posts starting from page one.

"It's just the flu, stop overreacting; washing your hands is OCD and you must LOVE all the death and mayhem because basic hygiene is normal now."

Now it's "why are you guys picking on me?" I had an appropriately small violin for this occasion, but I seemed to have misplaced it. "It's all the shitty, dumb poor people's fault!"

Isn't Tom Hanks' net worth like 9 figures.
newbie, I will always give you shit for your OCD. The only thing you ever did as a mod was reorganize shit because you couldn't stand things being out of place. The fact that you're still harping on this weeks later tells me that you are still obsessing over it... irony?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i'm convinced that jay is just a very low watt bulb. he is a stupid person. i've always believed before that you can give someone a good education, point them in the right direction, equip them with the skills necessary for research, critical thinking, independent thought, etc. and they will essentially grow into a well-rounded adult individual. different views, different politics, different tastes -- sure. that's all part of healthy democratic exchange. but most importantly the ability to read and assay information, to analyse complex issues and respond accordingly.

jay lacks all of that. he is just a stupid person. i'm not sure they should even be allowed to reproduce. it's bad for the species.
I'm probably the most intelligent person you've ever met. You should bow down, bitch.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

You honestly have no fucking idea what OCD even is. You've just purloined the meme. How's your new wardrobe treating you by the way, since you like shitting on people for buying sneakers.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You honestly have no fucking idea what OCD even is. You've just purloined the meme. How's your new wardrobe treating you by the way, since you like shitting on people for buying sneakers.
I'm not on welfare. My bills are paid. I have disposable income.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Jay, what you've said earlier in the thread remains relevant because you're still here and still posting about the coronavirus. Suck it up, man.
uziq
+492|3451

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

I'm probably the most intelligent person you've ever met. You should bow down, bitch.
jay, when all is said and done, and all the witty/flaming/joke exchanges are behind us, i really do think you are thick. you should be pushing trolleys around a walmart parking lot with a giant idiot grin on your face. you should be wandering around town in orthopedic shoes trying to pick up dimes that have been glued to the sidewalk. you shouldn't be allowed near the written word. you're lacking some fundamental cognitive filter to be able to safely assimilate it.

thank god we don't live in an era like the 1930s where automatons like yourself could get to some mid-level bureaucratic post in a totalitarian state and do real damage.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-27 06:38:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

It's not too late for Jay to run for a public office.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

jay, when all is said and done, and all the witty/flaming/joke exchanges are behind us, i really do think you are thick. you should be pushing trolleys around a walmart parking lot with a giant idiot grin on your face. you should be wandering around town in orthopedic shoes trying to pick up dimes that have been glued to the sidewalk. you shouldn't be allowed near the written word. you're lacking some fundamental cognitive filter to be able to safely assimilate it.

thank god we don't live in an era like the 1930s where automatons like yourself could get to some mid-level bureaucratic post in a totalitarian state and do real damage.
And I really meant every word that I wrote a few days ago. I think you're a well-read guy, but you have no internal creativity, and certainly no courage. All you've ever done is parrot the thinking and opinions of the class you have always strived ever so hard to join. You fancy yourself an intellectual, but everything you've done and thought has been derivative. You have a miserable and lonely future ahead of you. Professional reader at a midling publishing house? I do not envy you.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay, what you've said earlier in the thread remains relevant because you're still here and still posting about the coronavirus. Suck it up, man.
It's not the flu, I admit I was wrong. I still don't think it's going to be as bad as people initially thought it would be.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Anyway, the news stories of young and healthy people dropping dead is scary. A 36 year old principal died in NYC. Two NYC nurses died too after lacking PPE. Meanwhile the president gets on Fox News and says he doesn't believe we need 40,000 ventilators.

What is making him so hesitant to spend government money on equipment? It's not his money anyway. Just buy the equipment and a lot of people would stop complaining. My school district is still paying support staff, janitors, food service workers, and others throughout the crisis. It's not the superintendent's money either. I think that small act is a great sign of leadership. I would trust our superintendent more than the president to manage the nationwide response.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Anyway, the news stories of young and healthy people dropping dead is scary. A 36 year old principal died in NYC. Two NYC nurses died too after lacking PPE. Meanwhile the president gets on Fox News and says he doesn't believe we need 40,000 ventilators.

What is making him so hesitant to spend government money on equipment? It's not his money anyway. Just buy the equipment and a lot of people would stop complaining. My school district is still paying support staff, janitors, food service workers, and others throughout the crisis. It's not the superintendent's money either. I think that small act is a great sign of leadership. I would trust our superintendent more than the president to manage the nationwide response.
I'm not sure why he's quibbling over 1 billion when they just spent 2 trillion. I don't get it either.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's not the flu, I admit I was wrong. I still don't think it's going to be as bad as people initially thought it would be.
There are hundreds of people dying a day. Young healthy people too. How do you explain that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

There are hundreds of people dying a day. Young healthy people too. How do you explain that?
Young people die from the flu too. Not sure why this is shocking to you. Did you think you were invincible to sickness?
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not sure why he's quibbling over 1 billion when they just spent 2 trillion. I don't get it either.
I think he is just mentally broken on top of being a prick. He is 73 years old. People that old aren't known for trying to see things from other's perspective or thinking outside the box. Maybe he can't mentally distinguish between the government's budget and his own.

He is really just the worst leader to have. Do you agree at least that Clinton and Obama would be better leading us through this crisis?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think he is just mentally broken on top of being a prick. He is 73 years old. People that old aren't known for trying to see things from other's perspective or thinking outside the box. Maybe he can't mentally distinguish between the government's budget and his own.

He is really just the worst leader to have. Do you agree at least that Clinton and Obama would be better leading us through this crisis?
I think Obama would've done a better job giving people the warm and fuzzies and making people hopeful. Clinton has a personality not much different from Trumps.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

I'm libertarian because I still believe in the Enlightenment ideals of freedom, self determination etc. These ideals are dependent on individual social responsibility and trust. An ideal free society is not the Mad Max universe that you imagine. It's a society where the rules are light because you don't have to worry about your neighbor fucking you over. It is a bit Nordic, but without the government enforcing everything. Rule by peer pressure and reputation.
Thats really nordic social democracy more than it is libertarianism.
And yes, I'm fully aware that it is untenable as a belief system. It definitely does not work in a transient, globalized world.
Works fine in Nordic countries, now they've been invaded by blacks I think it'll fall apart.

Really, that's the crux of the issue though. Everything and everyone is transient. We all pile by the millions into cities where we are completely anonymous and it allows us to be as big of an asshole as we want to be (outside of work) because there is no peer pressure to keep us in line. Cities are dehumanizing.
European cities weren't like this in the past. Some of them have been around hundreds of years so they've worked it all out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

I think Obama would've done a better job giving people the warm and fuzzies and making people hopeful. Clinton has a personality not much different from Trumps.
I think Obama would have just done a much better job, fuck knows what Clinton would have done.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard