unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Wasn't the first 200 pages just basically making fun of Jay's denialism?
uziq
+492|3451
what a long, strange journey it's been.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

it’s totally wild that this forum produced a 400-page thread, in the 2020s, with 6 members.
Do you know whats really wild?

That China unleashed a prototype engineered bio-weapon on the world, killed six million people, and has paid no price whatsoever.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
They keep going through sporadic lockdowns. Their government doesn't seem to want to adopt a "just live with it" system like the rest of the world is doing.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You mean "just die with it" ?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Even when you're not talking about Jews you can't help but make unconscious references. Had to wait a couple years before you could say "six million people" though.

lol, bioweapons

Other than that, you're right. Maybe the US can pay for the Spanish flu, too.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Dilbert_X wrote:

You mean "just die with it" ?
uziq
+492|3451

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

it’s totally wild that this forum produced a 400-page thread, in the 2020s, with 6 members.
Do you know whats really wild?

That China unleashed a prototype engineered bio-weapon on the world, killed six million people, and has paid no price whatsoever.
gain of function research isn’t ‘prototyping bio weapons’, dilbert.

literally half of modern pharmaceutical treatments, as well as modern agricultural crops, are products of gain of function research.

why would china unleash a bio weapon that has crippled their economy and caused mass immiseration and shutdowns of its cities, industries, political system, etc? lol make sense. ‘unleashed’. what an effective strategy!

this crank talk at least made some sense, in its own internal conspiracist logic, when you kept saying that china had a secret vaccine ready for their own people. turns out they have the most useless vaccine at all. what a ‘bio weapon’!

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-15 06:00:38)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No, I said next time they'll have a vaccine.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
I am going to need you to back off the Sinophobia, Dilbert.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

uziq wrote:

this crank talk
That's exactly what it is though, and impossible to argue with someone entrenched in it even if you wanted to humor them with several sakes of arguments.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am going to need you to back off the Sinophobia, Dilbert.
stop bullying dilbert

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-07-15 06:22:49)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
I am having a productive conversation. I respect his freedom of speech. You just wan to cancel him but I want him to have a chance to learn through conversation.
uziq
+492|3451

Dilbert_X wrote:

lmao, oh right. amazing hypothesis.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am having a productive conversation. I respect his freedom of speech. You just wan to cancel him but I want him to have a chance to learn through conversation.
There's little chance dilbert's mind is going to be changed by anything he sees on the internet.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
He might find inspiration on the internet. It can come from many places.
uziq
+492|3451
i hope he finds a friend. or a woman who is interested in him. it'll be like the end of an ice age in his constipated little brain.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Dilbert_X wrote:

too much corruption to let that happen.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You know whats really wild?

I have to go through 200 pages to find the post where uziq said coronaviruses mutate really slowly and vaccines would have this under control in no time.
uziq
+492|3451
i said covid mutates relatively slowly compared to other forms of highly virulent disease. which they do. i also said it’s a relatively simple virus in its structure and potential pathways to infection. which it is.

i have always acknowledged that coronaviruses are mutative and that treatment will never be a one-time silver bullet scenario, as it is for diseases we easily eradicated with vaccination. something you expressed surprise and alarm over after you were vaccinated. because you’re illiterate.

you know what’s wild? moderna are publishing results from the latest clinical trials of a new vaccine … which provides protection across all variants.

you should try actually reading a scientific journal once in a while instead of doommongering murdoch media. i mean, i wonder which one of us has a better grasp of the virus: the person who has edited 50+ journal articles on it over the last few years, or the person who thinks it's a 'bioengineered secret chinese weapon except they forgot to make a good vaccine but by golly they'll do us over next time!!!'

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-16 21:19:56)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
The kids are getting COVID again.
uziq
+492|3451
i got boostered in early summer when news of the new omicron subvariant began reaching the literature.

one perq of my job is that i can be a few weeks ahead of the general govt-issued medical advice as to when to get vaccinated.

4 jabs in 3/4 years, in a fast-developing emergency situation, doesn’t seem too onerous to me. total cost about 1.5 hrs of time. and maybe 2-3 days of tiredness and recovery in total.

and moderna have a multi-variant vaccine that looks very promising now. along with the wide range of antiviral treatments, by this time next year there should be very little cause for alarm when anyone gets covid.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 20:56:06)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Wouldn't it be great if no-one got covid though?
uziq
+492|3451
wouldn't it be great if everyone got a million pounds and 13 virgins in heaven?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What a stupid argument.

Covid has killed 6m people, lets just not worry about the next 6m and party on.
uziq
+492|3451
covid global death rates are a fraction of what they were pre-vaccination.

still arguing for total global lockdowns and 'zero covid' is truly the definition of a 'stupid argument'.

please see the 35,000 words of text on this topic, passim, over the last 120 pages. thank you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard