uziq
+492|3455

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

the virus itself was trending towards greater mildness.
A single datapoint is not a trend
a single datapoint.

do you know how many studies have been published on omicron and its multiple subvariants already? jesus fucking christ dude. a 'single data point'. we literally have daily/weekly, GRANULAR data on the changing severity of covid. read a fucking book or medical journal once in your inane little life. lord knows you've had enough spare time, what between sitting at home in your mum's house for half the pandemic and now sitting it out with a sore throat. instead you're making stupid little graphs in microsoft word. do you know how fucking dumb you look lmao

Last edited by uziq (2022-04-10 23:36:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6109|eXtreme to the maX
If covid hadn't been swilling around the global population omicron wouldn't have developed.

There's no need for an 'authoritarian level of control' just sensible controls on travel - ie next to none.

Anyway, I speak of the variant to come after omicron, no-one has any idea of what that will like like, probably gestating in an AIDS patient right now, and nor do you.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3455
If covid hadn't been swilling around the global population omicron wouldn't have developed.
totally insupportable rubbish. try harder. viruses mutate. highly mutative viruses mutate often.

closed international borders did nothing, in fact, about the rate of spread and mutation.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Because most borders weren't really closed at all.

Mutation rate is going to be a function of how many people are infected. When omicron occurred 200 million had been infected. If it had been 20 million or 2million omicron might well never have happened.
uziq
+492|3455
there's billions of people within national entities that had no control of the virus. india, brazil, russia, possibly china.

the idea that we wouldn't have nasty or more virulent strains if we kept tourist flights grounded is, again, totally insupportable rubbish.

as it turns out, the virus's more worrying variants came from it infecting immunocompromised populations. what does AIDS have to do with tourism, again?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Never said tourism specifically, there are many aspects of travel which are redundant.

Erm, travel transmits worrying variants instead of restricting them to where they developed.
uziq
+492|3455
oh, sorry, i forgot it was that time of month again where we have to rehash that part where covid spread around the world as much because of essential business and transport as it did because of frivolous beach-partiers.

i forgot that we have to continually remind the guy who orders things from the global supply chain, who relies on international migrant labour and transnational factories, that human beings and goods need to move around the global system.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3722

Dilbert_X wrote:

RAT and PCR Say I have it.
The plandemic is over for you then. You get sick with COVID and you can't get sick again.

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3722
"Cleveland Clinic COVID-19 vaccination policy prevents dad from donating kidney to 9-year-old son"
The Donaldsons are unvaccinated based on their own personal beliefs.

“It was a little bit thrown down our throat. I mean, it was everywhere we turned. I couldn't shop at a grocery store without hearing it over the loudspeaker. So the more it became the more just studying it, what's involved in it, is there informed consent? Do I get to see the ingredient list?” said Donaldson.
“I don't know what we do today. You know, I gotta think somewhere out there, that cooler heads would prevail and we could, you know, I'd love it still to be at the Clinic and us come around and have some type of dialogue and say, ‘Okay, you know, let's look at your case,’” said Donaldson. “We're trying to put plan B in place. The number one thing I can do is keep him as healthy as possible and I can remain and keep my health the best I can. But it's stressful. There's no doubt about it. You know, it just is.”
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc … ar-old-son

Amazing act of selfishness. Child abuse?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

uziq wrote:

dilbert keeps ranting about travel as if australia's wave was unleashed by tourists.
And contradicted by one of his previous posts saying that no, there isn't a travel surge in Australia. Well then, ok.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

"Cleveland Clinic COVID-19 vaccination policy prevents dad from donating kidney to 9-year-old son"
The Donaldsons are unvaccinated based on their own personal beliefs.

“It was a little bit thrown down our throat. I mean, it was everywhere we turned. I couldn't shop at a grocery store without hearing it over the loudspeaker. So the more it became the more just studying it, what's involved in it, is there informed consent? Do I get to see the ingredient list?” said Donaldson.
“I don't know what we do today. You know, I gotta think somewhere out there, that cooler heads would prevail and we could, you know, I'd love it still to be at the Clinic and us come around and have some type of dialogue and say, ‘Okay, you know, let's look at your case,’” said Donaldson. “We're trying to put plan B in place. The number one thing I can do is keep him as healthy as possible and I can remain and keep my health the best I can. But it's stressful. There's no doubt about it. You know, it just is.”
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc … ar-old-son

Amazing act of selfishness. Child abuse?
What is this man even saying? It's mixed gibberish.

You always know you're in for a good time when someone asks for a vaccine's ingredients like they're making grandma's hash browns. There's always some trace element present in less harmful form or in far lower quantities than what might be present in a normal meal that makes them go "ah-ha! I knew vaccines were poison!" Every single time.

Man's willing to remove one of his kidneys for his son's sake, but getting a vaccine is too far, man!

e:

“They didn't say let's meet, let's go over your individual case. Let's present why we think. We called the meeting, they didn't call the meeting, we called the meeting. And unfortunately, we asked to meet with the folks that made the decision. And we met with our doctors which we have a relationship with which makes it hard for them and hard for us because if we all like each other. They're bringing their—I don't call it their marching orders—but you can tell when somebody wholeheartedly believes in something and somebody just says, ‘This is what we have to do,’” said Donaldson.

[…]

lawl, "marching orders." Last bit is just typical of these stories isn't it. Everyone's wrong but them.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-04-11 17:53:16)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And contradicted by one of his previous posts saying that no, there isn't a travel surge in Australia. Well then, ok.
I don't think there was a surge, except compared with zero, there are very few tourists.
The small surge has delivered Covid in a bigly way though, out of all proportion to the benefit.
People are renting out umbrellas again but the health system is creaking, doesn't really feel like a win.
uziq
+492|3455
you lost control of covid before the restrictions were lifted. let's not pretend keeping your second city in lockdown for 300 days was 'winning'. delta was already confounding your containment efforts. to blame the surge on a few tourists being let in - were they even? - is just funny. are australian citizens being allowed back after 2 years of banishment a type of 'tourist' now, i wonder?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Some areas failed to get a grip on it through total stupidity, aus citizens were allowed back from day one.

I'm sure 'business travellers' have driven some of the undoing this time. One of the first ones to trigger an outbreak was some moron who absolutely had to go to Indonesia five times in a month IIRC.
uziq
+492|3455
aus citizens surely weren't allowed back on day one, not all of them on their own time, anyway. waiting for 2+ years to be allowed to see your loved ones is a pretty funny way of saying they were 'allowed back from day one'.

yes, well done, like i said all along ... the world system has a lot of travellers who need to get around for reasons more essential than beach-partying. after 100 posts on this topic you're finally prepared to acknowledge that travel is about more than cocktails with little umbrellas in them? has actually contracting covid put you in touch with reality, or what?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They were allowed back from day one, there was a queue that is all.

Still haven't been on a business trip which actually needed to happen, not since telephones and fax machines were invented.
The internet has made things even better.
uziq
+492|3455
yes, surely your own experience is universal. it's not like europe's first covid wave was seeded by chinese textile industry workers in italy. why couldn't those shoe factory operatives have done their work via fax?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm sure the unemployed of italy would say they didn't need chinese textile workers.
uziq
+492|3455
yes, let's devise an emergency response to a pandemic that involves a full global pivot to ethnonationalist isolationism.

and you thought devising a working quarantine system was difficult enough.

i swear to god you don't live in the real world. it's obvious you haven't been living in the real world, with real nuance and real complications, real practicalities, real considerations. the FIRST WEEK you entered civil society and had to attend a job, YOU GOT COVID. lmao. and here you are saying we should effortlessly respond to covid by, erm, revolutionizing the world labour system.

you bought german/european-brand shoes made using a migrant/internationalised labour pool ffs. you are fully imbricated in this system.

Last edited by uziq (2022-04-12 02:05:44)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

yes, let's devise an emergency response to a pandemic that involves a full global pivot to ethnonationalist isolationism.
We should do that pandemic or no pandemic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i swear to god you don't live in the real world. it's obvious you haven't been living in the real world, with real nuance and real complications, real practicalities, real considerations. the FIRST WEEK you entered civil society and had to attend a job, YOU GOT COVID. lmao. and here you are saying we should effortlessly respond to covid by, erm, revolutionizing the world labour system.
Er, I worked full time for 15 months prior to that, we had literally no cases. Three was considered an outbreak.

you bought german/european-brand shoes made using a migrant/internationalised labour pool ffs. you are fully imbricated in this system.
Ship the shoes, not the people.
uziq
+492|3455
"why must i pay so much money for a current-gen flagship smartphone".
"we must do away with migrant labour and international supply chains".
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What does migrant labour have to do with either?

Aren't all the workers safely locked in spartan dormitories and their safety protected by suicide netting under the windows?

The sad part is the cost to the consumer has never actually gone down and automation blows away most of the benefits of cheap labour - which in any case China is using to displace cheap labour.
uziq
+492|3455
your iphones are made in india now.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Great, I feel a lot better about buying from India
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6719
damn i got covid boys, its the worst thing in world with my slightly phlemy cough. dibls was right, everything should be shut down permanently.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard