uziq
+492|3476
considering that vaccination even in the worst case scenario still ensures someone has better resistance to catching and transmitting the disease, i’d say they’re justified in those measures if then opt for them.

plus the vaccine pass is used in tandem with QR codes, social distancing apps, etc. how do you think people are practically presenting this info in a verified way? requiring someone to be vaccinated is essentially a filter for customers who are compliant with the tracing/distancing systems in place.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

considering that vaccination even in the worst case scenario still ensures someone has better resistance to catching and transmitting the disease
Except it makes no difference at all, according to the available evidence.
plus the vaccine pass is used in tandem with QR codes, social distancing apps, etc. how do you think people are practically presenting this info in a verified way? requiring someone to be vaccinated is essentially a filter for customers who are compliant with the tracing/distancing systems in place.
Welll thats just fascism.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

How is a company policy like that fascism? No shirt, no shoes, no service.
uziq
+492|3476
yes, fascism. like not letting people smoke indoors at restaurants. which i’m sure you’re also in revolt over.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Smoking in restaurants does affect people, whether or not customers have had an appendectomy doesn't.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Cowards

The South Australian police force will abandon its COVID-19 vaccine mandate for officers from Monday, as the state records 2,047 new cases and two COVID-related deaths.

The vaccine mandate for police officers will end a week before a Supreme Court challenge of the mandates is due to be heard.

About 70 officers who had declined the vaccine have been on enforced leave due to the mandate, which had been imposed by the state's Police Commissioner Grant Stevens using his emergency management powers.

Mandates also exist for employees in other sectors such as health, aged and disability care, schools, childcare, forensic science and taxi and rideshare services.

Several police officers have joined education and healthcare workers, including nurse and former AFLW Adelaide Crows Player Deni Varnhagen, in challenging the mandates in court.

The formal legal direction for police officers to be vaccinated will be replaced with a managerial direction.

It will require officers who have not received two doses of an approved vaccine to undertake a rapid antigen test at the start of their shift, and wear a properly fitted respirator-style mask for the duration of their shift.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3744
The Plandemic is over.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3476
i love that dilbert is celebrating the relaxing of vaccine mandates whilst totally, wilfully ignoring that the ‘relaxing’ of measures about them is because of the TOTAL relaxation of ALL covid rules. which he has been raging against for months.

it’s priceless. cheering that vaccines are no longer mandatory but then shocked and confused when families are allowed to be reunited at airports.

just IMAGINE dilbert celebrating or citing encouragingly any news that says ‘SA has 2,000 new cases today’ in ANY other context.

you honestly can’t make this stuff up. a man slowly losing his grip on his sense of society

e: it also says they will shift to making vaccines a ‘managerial’ decision. sounds like fascism by the bac&door to me! did i not say that i’m fine with businesses and institutions deciding their own level of caution when it comes to requiring vaccination?

Last edited by uziq (2022-03-03 23:27:18)

uziq
+492|3476
dilbert didn't you join in on the pile-on on djokovic when he refused to get vaccinated in order to enter australia?

why were you in support of such fascist measures then?

what are australian sporting heroes doing dying in luxury beach-side resorts in thailand? didn't they get your memo that there's a pandemic on and only selfish sub-humans would dare go 'pleasure seeking'?

Last edited by uziq (2022-03-04 07:59:03)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

Djokovic travelled by airplane.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i love that dilbert is celebrating the relaxing of vaccine mandates whilst totally, wilfully ignoring that the ‘relaxing’ of measures about them is because of the TOTAL relaxation of ALL covid rules. which he has been raging against for months.
Er nope, you're imagining things now.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3744
First day without mask at work. A lot of people still masked up. I didn't wear a mask. So many new smells in the hallway. I feel like a dog with sensory overload.

Getting a lot "you look so different without a mask". No longer an angry pair of eyes. People can see that I am smiling all day.
uziq
+492|3476
masks are still mandatory here but i think i'll continue wearing them in public, anyway. i don't feel like it's affecting my life in any way. having to wear one at work all day might make me feel a little bit different about things.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6315|Washington St.
Mask mandates went away today where I live and it looks like most people couldn't wait to remove them. I still wore one in the store but it got me thinking:
Where are we right now?
Is there a new variant on the horizon? Last May I remember things were quieting down and mandates were removed for about a week before things got way way worse.
Are we just repeating? I tried to find some info online but it was hard to sift through the various articles to see if we are right where we were a year ago.
Then again it looks like people have antibodies from Omicron because pretty much 99% of the world got it?
So from either getting Omicron or getting the vax, we stumbled backward into herd immunity?

Sorry about a year ago I gave up trying to follow the news.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

The hilarious thing about all this is that people who pack iron on the off-chance they'll be in a shootout shouldn't have had a problem with masks.

I'm glad to do away with the occasional walk of shame back to the car to get one because I just remembered at the front door, but I think I'll still mostly wear them when there isn't a reason not to. Fortunately, I've avoided the virus thus far.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6315|Washington St.
The people who are anti-government and big-gun would have given their left nut for an excuse to wear a mask and hide their identity from the countless cameras around the the world following their every movement, if only they weren't so stupid to be convinced their liberties were being taken away.

They STILL haven't found that capitol hill bomber from the night of Jan 5th 2021 because he was wearing a mask.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

I wish masks hadn't been politicized here. Even if COVID-19 were to disappear overnight, still nice for flu season.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3744
Time for a second booster? I got my booster back in October.
uziq
+492|3476
30 million people in lockdown in china currently. facing potentially their biggest threat of the last 2 years. why? same as HK but scaled up to i head spinning proportions: a large number of the elderly have skipped vaccinations and boosters. now at high risk of serious illness with omicron. 

dilbert must be having a wet dream. vaccine skeptical society that has tried to use totalitarian lockdowns and quarantines to steer through the entire pandemic. china have literally burned 2 years of good time and are now open to getting fucked by the mildest variant yet. great job guys!

it’s almost like … getting vaccinated is the best possible measure. never mind. let’s wait for the global supply-chain issues to start up again because china have welded 100 million people into their apartments.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3744
Now that the mask mandates are over I am almost becoming an anti-masker. I am not going to yell at someone for still wearing a mask but  I don't wear one at work anymore and won't take one with me when going out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

30 million people in lockdown in china currently. facing potentially their biggest threat of the last 2 years. why? same as HK but scaled up to i head spinning proportions: a large number of the elderly have skipped vaccinations and boosters. now at high risk of serious illness with omicron. 

dilbert must be having a wet dream. vaccine skeptical society that has tried to use totalitarian lockdowns and quarantines to steer through the entire pandemic. china have literally burned 2 years of good time and are now open to getting fucked by the mildest variant yet. great job guys!

it’s almost like … getting vaccinated is the best possible measure. never mind. let’s wait for the global supply-chain issues to start up again because china have welded 100 million people into their apartments.
Except even if they had 100% vaccination they'd be in the same position since multiple vaccines, boosters and actual infections apparently confer no immunity whatsoever.

I'm not sure why you're so gleeful about every outbreak, this is a novel virus the human immune system clearly can't deal with and probably never will, and its gone globally endemic because people like you wouldn't do the sensible thing.

Maybe you'll be the one to get covid brain damage, I guess that would crimp your career a bit and I can't imagine the chicks are going to want to date a drooling idiot, that would be poetic.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-04569-5
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n … -rcna18959

We don't yet have a clue about long term impacts, we already know it affects the brain, various viruses can sit dormant in brain and nerve cells for decades before they activate. Who knows where this one is going.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

I thought COVID-19 was supposed to be more like leprosy, or the black plague.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In terms of health response required.
uziq
+492|3476
except vaccination does confer immunity and protection from serious illness. it has been established about 4,000 times at this point. being totally resistant to transmission is NOT the same thing as having ‘immunity’. immunity means your body is capable of fighting off disease, not an established sterile force field.

old people in china, like HK, are now finding themselves at risk of mass death because they skipped on proactive vaccination. it’s really that simple. totalitarian social distancing and whack-a-mole city-wide lockdowns and totally closed borders hasn’t protected them from the latest covid wave and the risk of death. isn’t that funny?

‘brain damage’, lol. yes, any pathogen that attaches to receptors or cell types found in the brain, and which causes an inflammatory response, can have effects on, e.g., cognition. scary sounding but the idea that covid will turn someone into a ‘drooling idiot’ is absolute balderdash. you really are a stupid fucking idiot. losing your sense of smell for a few months is not the same as late-stage alzheimer’s, dilbert.

what do you think causes worse ‘brain damage’? a spell of inflammatory illness or consuming neurotoxic alcohol, which kills off brain cells and measurably reduces cognition over time? how many Nature links do you need on that one, smartass?

I can't imagine the chicks are going to want to date a drooling idiot
don’t worry about me, you cuck. we frequently hook up to incur ‘brain damage’ together.
https://i.imgur.com/YHYVQT7.jpg

how many chicks want to date a ranting, paranoiac idiot who thinks knowing about vacuum machines makes him smarter than, passim, virologists and forensic toxicologists?

i suppose it’s senseless to point out to you that … long covid effects and sequelae from the generalised inflammatory response, like losing your sense of smell and taste, are vastly mitigated in the VACCINATED population. whoosh!!!

Last edited by uziq (2022-03-17 02:41:34)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Except we literally don't know the long term impact yet, even in the vaccinated, and have no idea how this is going to mutate further.
Do many other seasonal viruses cause actual brain damage?

But yeah lets keep travelling and partying, it was going to get out anyway, nothing to worry about.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard