unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Misinformed fears about the AZ bled over into other vaccines and added fuel to the anti-vaxx movement and gave excuses for people with a misplaced exercise of their oppositional defiant disorder to give big brother or whatever the bird.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

To the above, I was once asked by a worried liberal about blood clots after I got my Pfizer. Stupid shit from Infowars makes its rounds, gets quoted and requoted, stripped of usual obvious tin-foil hat indicators, and ends up in the feeds of people who would normally have nothing to do with it.

Liberals should go read books too.
uziq
+492|3443
try explaining to a vaccine skeptic that the risk of scary-sounding ‘heart inflammation’ and ‘cardiomyopathy’ was far worse from, you know, novel exposure to a fucking virus that triggers your body’s inflammatory response.

what’s amazing is even dilbert was recycling his hesitancy about the ‘risks’. an engineer. imagine explaining to an engineer that the risk of serious illness or death are an order of magnitude higher from the, you know, target of the vaccine than the vaccine itself.

then you wonder why he advocates for merely sitting on your hands in total isolation, with closed borders even at the state level, so that 94% of his own compatriots are kept out, indefinitely.

i suppose never taking the ‘risk’ of a vaccine does make some twisted sense when you live in your parents’ bungalow in a low-density suburb; never need to leave; and wish to enforce rules that will keep the rest of the world out of your marsupial pouch forever.

anti-vaxxers or people being forelocks and footmaidens to their misinformation and rhetoric should get punched in the face. it’s just as socially harmful as nazi bootlickers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
Whatever, the risks of the vaccines are unknown at this point.
Likely lower than contracting covid but also likely non-zero.

Why should I be expected to have four vaccinations in two years just so travel junkies can get their hit?

Also

McKinsey wrote:

Dilbert is right, everyone should stop being mean
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-07/ … /100809076

Now we're opening up to international tourists, just in time for the next wave.
I don't remember voting for this.

Locally the state is being sued since they've been using emergency powers only intended for 30 days for two years without reference to parliament. All the mandatory directives they've enacted are probably unlawful.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-02-07 02:34:28)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3443
how are the risks unknown? we have administered hundreds of millions of doses.

'long-term' effects are unknown of mRNA vaccines, sure. but we reasonably understand their mechanism. they have been tested, trialled and passed approval from multiple medical regulatory bodies.

i am sure you take any number of novel/recent prescription medications without longitudinal, decade-spanning studies as to their 'long-term effects'.

Why should I be expected to have four vaccinations in two years just so travel junkies can get their hit?
because covid-19 is endemic in your community? to protect yourself? to protect your loved ones? you don't have to come into interaction with international tourists to be at risk of covid?

nobody is promoting vaccination for the sake of the tourism industry.

grow the fuck up you silly little man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

uziq wrote:

try explaining to a vaccine skeptic
It's too early in the morning here for that kind of anxiety.

Been there and done that with people who should honestly know better and don't really have an excuse, but were still swept up in sensationalism. Positively draining, a total leech on your life force. But you still feel obligated to interject or they'll just continue spreading their mutated brands of nonsense unopposed to (sometimes intently listening) friends, family, coworkers, etc.

A lot of people have a lot to answer for, but probably never will until we've had a century of hindsight.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

We'll get the result in 10-30 years.
uziq
+492|3443
oh and please explain to me, will you, how 'test and trace will bring down the r-number'.

do you want me to give you a run down of the actual concrete logistics of a world-beating test & trace system in korea?

amazing i have to explain, again, to an engineer how mammoth the task is of testing/tracing a disease that has 10,000 or 100,000 daily new cases.

you're going to have to call in more than the army to service those millions of manpower hours for the necessary follow-up and monitoring.

Last edited by uziq (2022-02-07 02:37:57)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

because covid-19 is endemic in your community?
It wasn't until Alan Joyce bullied the govt into relaxing travel restrictions.
uziq
+492|3443

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

We'll get the result in 10-30 years.

how incredibly useful. you really are doing a service to the pandemic.

'guys let's just extend border closures and restrictions to personal liberty for 30 years - just to be safe about some of the most highly tested and most widely deployed vaccines in human history'.

you do realize that there's no 'long-term' guarantee that gravity will work, too, right? each morning when you wake up, you should test that it's still there. this is the inductive fallacy, dilbert. it's fundamental to scientific reasoning. for people like you, there will never be enough data and always credible doubt.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

oh and please explain to me, will you, how 'test and trace will bring down the r-number'.

do you want me to give you a run down of the actual concrete logistics of a world-beating test & trace system in korea?

amazing i have to explain, again, to an engineer how mammoth the task is of testing/tracing a disease that has 10,000 or 100,000 daily new cases.

you're going to have to call in more than the army to service those millions of hours manpower of follow-up and monitoring.
Easy, crimp travel, impose quarantine, if you're unlucky cases will be in the 10s or 100s.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

just to be safe about some of the most highly tested and most widely deployed vaccines in human history'..
Except they're entirely novel and untested.
uziq
+492|3443

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

you're going to have to call in more than the army to service those millions of hours manpower of follow-up and monitoring.
Easy, crimp travel, impose quarantine, if you're unlucky cases will be in the 10s or 100s.
HOW? lmao. how does a disease which is spreading freely WITHIN a national border magically vanish?

you need full-scale lockdowns to achieve it. covid will precisely remain endemic, bubbling up here and there, with new waves and new variations, for the rest of forever. just within australia. you don't need global seeding or cross-border travel to do it.

HOW is closed borders and quarantines for the trickle of international arrivals going to stop transmission in australian workplaces? schools? shopping malls? restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs? sporting events? covid is going to spread, replicate, mutate, rise and fall in your population group in these spaces ... forever. unless you specifically try to crackdown on all inter-personal contact, once again. which is a very different proposition from 'easy, just close the borders'.

you are just so thick.

Last edited by uziq (2022-02-07 02:49:45)

uziq
+492|3443

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

just to be safe about some of the most highly tested and most widely deployed vaccines in human history'..
Except they're entirely novel and untested.
i'm sure you know better than the virologists who developed the mRNA technology.

mRNA doesn't even introduce viral cells into your body. there are no 'long-term' residual effects of being infected from them.

it's literally an encoded instruction telling your body to begin producing a specific antibody.

why you think there will suddenly be a 30-year timebomb from, *gasp* having antibodies ... is beyond me. our immune system already stores the genetic instructions for about 30,000 different types of antibody.

read a fucking book.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
America needs a trucker convoy to make late winter interesting
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

it's literally an encoded instruction telling your body to begin producing a specific antibody.
Nothing to go wrong there, and thats not even accurate.

First, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. The mRNA will enter the muscle cells and instruct the cells’ machinery to produce a harmless piece of what is called the spike protein. The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19. After the protein piece is made, our cells break down the mRNA and remove it.
Next, our cells display the spike protein piece on their surface. Our immune system recognizes that the protein doesn’t belong there. This triggers our immune system to produce antibodies and activate other immune cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection. This is what your body might do to fight off the infection if you got sick with COVID-19.

I can think of half a dozen things which could go wrong. The bottom line is this is a wholly novel approach and we're in a global experiment.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

America needs a trucker convoy to make late winter interesting
I think you'd get annoyed quite quickly if neckbeards parked a truck outside your window and had the engine running and tooted their horn 24/7
uziq
+492|3443
where did you copy and paste that from?

mRNA has been in development for the better part of two decades. it’s not exactly some novel improvised thing thrown together for the pandemic.

again, it seems you know something that several major medical regulators and the virology community don’t.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc … /mrna.html

Scientists estimate that the spike protein, like other proteins our bodies create, may stay in the body up to a few weeks.

And yet I'm not allowed to donate blood in Australia for the rest of my life having lived in the UK during mad-cow disease.
Sad!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

mRNA has been in development for the better part of two decades. it’s not exactly some novel improvised thing thrown together for the pandemic.
But not actually used until now.
uziq
+492|3443
what is the harm posed by the spike protein? you do know how the immune system works, right?

in ‘removing’ the protein from our body, an antibody is generated, the instructions for which are retained effectively for life. that’s the whole point of triggering the immune response, duh.

the simple fact is that all this scaremongering about mRNA always comes from conspiracist wheezes and antivaxxers, the talk of whom you’ve flirted with throughout this whole pandemic.

you claim to be ‘skeptical scientist’ but then copy and paste basic leaflet shit. ‘the mRNA vaccine is injected into the upper arm muscle’. wow thanks brainiac! tHinK of AlL tHe rIskS
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the instructions for which are retained effectively for life.
Or three months, whichever is the shorter.
uziq
+492|3443
the immune system never forgets how to make the antibody. it’s the ambient levels that drop off over time, making you susceptible to reinfection and a renewed inflammatory response. your body doesn’t keep a massive supply of antigens in your blood supply for every illness you’ve ever caught. idiot.

you really should learn the basics of immunology before you start saying you can ‘identify dozens of things to go wrong’ with mRNA, apparently against the better wisdom of the actual virologists who have made it their life’s work. you evidently don’t even know the purpose of T cells as keepers of long-term ‘memory’. your immunity to reinfection is not the same thing.

why do you spend so much time talking wet about topics you literally have a sub-high school knowledge of? bizarre little man.

Last edited by uziq (2022-02-08 19:34:09)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3443
haha. the last person i had sex with was super vaxxed

9/10.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard