SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
China is hell on Earth. I mean not biblical hell* but close enough. It is where creativity goes to die in the service of sinocism. We are not at 'China delenda est' yet but Christ are they a mode not to replicate. I rather find Coptic girls to screw around with on Feb 14 than live in "Covid free China". Dear FDR, send me to a camp with Coptic bitches. 

*In biblical hell you cannot fuck bitches from weird cultures you only read about online and meet from time to time on dating apps.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Those people are all business executives and their trip was essential to the economy.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
https://i.redd.it/ecgki4lfg5a81.jpg
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Those people are all business executives and their trip was essential to the economy.
a chartered flight on new year’s eve. totally normal scenario.

it’s amazing. you literally think in tabloid tropes.

you do know the world is a big place with many people right? right?

for the next 3 months we’re now going to have to counter the claim that the covid-19 pandemic was spread around the world by instagram influencers. i just know it.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-07 00:17:47)

uziq
+492|3422
australia passed half a million covid cases last week.

1/3rd of those cases occurred in the last week.

looks like dilbert had better start thinking a little more seriously about 'living with covid', because total suppression of the disease on the continent is never, ever happening again.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The govt has gone full libertard and opened everything up - except for that Jerkovich guy - with no thought or planning, didn't even buy enough PCR or RAT tests.

People are pissed, and there's an election in 3-5 months.

Meanwhile, WA continues successfully with its zero-covid policy - interesting given WA is the one state workers do need to travel in and out of.
uziq
+492|3422
amazing. workers 'need' to travel to WA but you can't imagine any reason why workers would have to cross state or national borders elsewhere.

WA is one of the most remotest and most sparsely inhabited areas in the first-world. you can stop using it as a yardstick for the epidemiological picture in paris or london.

i've heard about a shortage of tests and services in melbourne. does sound fairly shambolic. not an argument against 'living with covid', tout court, though. zero covid as a policy is toast. every man and every country, including anti-social people on remote islands, has a neighbour in this modern world.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-07 01:30:47)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

uziq wrote:

the UK and EU medical regulators in charge of drug approval and medical practice are some of the most robust and respected in the world. as well as our medical journals and scientific records being world-leading, too, or at least on par with their american counterparts. so, yes, you didn't have to wait for national governments to make their political decisions. the medical-scientific community and regulatory bodies approved the treatments.

if anything, european leaders were at times over-cautious and given to bad briefing. macron notably spread a lot of fear and skepticism about the AZ vaccine when it was most needed. not too smart. ditto, south korea's government took an extra-cautious approach and waited for european nations to begin deploying their vaccine programmes and reporting back with data, which put them at the back of the queue internationally and seriously hampered their own vaccination drives when supplies were scarce.
yeh europe really fucked the AZ vaccine over nothing. i'm still convinced it was a russian campaign against it cos 1. ez target and 2. same tech as their vaccine.

@dilbs: everyone wants perrotet to resign rn in NSW. our issue isn't omnicron killing people, its the fact that it's spreading way too fucking quick and impacting supply chains and medical system.

We don't need a lock down, but earlier sensible restrictions would've "spread the wave" or whatever that phrase was.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3422
the scare-stories and shitty propaganda around the AZ vaccine still persist. lots of koreans are complaining that their old people got 'scammed with a shitty vaccine' because, surprise surprise, lots of complacent old people who got vaccinated 9+ months ago were not turning up for their boosters (the korean govt dropped the ball: promoted widespread re-opening but didn't get out the messaging that boosters were really important). like, there was nothing wrong with the AZ vaccine ... there still isn't, for the vast majority of the world population it is one of the best options, all factors considered (price, transportability, scalability, ease of manufacture, etc.) people acting surprised that trad-tech vaccines lose efficacy against mutative viruses really need to look at the yearly stats for the flu jabs ...

no need for russian conspiracies for this one, a lot of it really was just the usual pig-headed chauvinism within nations. macron notably made his remarks about the questionable AZ vaccine when france's pasteur institute were rushing to make a french cure. they spent a bunch of money and many valuable months and couldn't produce a working vaccine. lel. should have gone to oxford, louis.

at the start of this week everyone was saying 'this week will be the proof of whether omicron is lethal or not'. still no considerable rise in serious illness or death. health systems and other public systems are starting to meltdown because of staff shortages, as you said, which will definitely have its own knock-on effects. but from omicron itself: nada. it really seems people are catching a mild illness -- which then gives them lasting immunity against much worse illness. i called this literally a month ago.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-07 02:39:22)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
precisely re omnicron. its just spreading way too fucking quick, govt couldve ya know, handed out free n95 masks which we supposedly have a stockpile of... somehwere... this is just massive lack of planning on many fronts by the NSW state and especially fed govt, people are pretty pissed in sydney. our testing system basically collapsed, 35% positivity rate lmao and the labs are super backed up. PM out today being interviewed by fox sport over the ashes and saying how we took a wicket to covid...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Larssen
+99|1858
Looked up some stats about covid in the balkan area during this whole Djokovic idiocy.

In Serbia not even 50% is vaccinated. In Croatia 50%. Romania 40%. Bulgaria and Bosnia not even 30%. In Hungary only 60% and boosters have flattened out at 30%.

Several of these countries have equal access to the EU vaccine deal and should have received more than enough to vaccinate the whole population twice over. I'm a 100% sure the low rates are because of prevalent conspiracy theories and vaccine scares.

It's depressing how easily we can sabotage and scuttle our own best efforts to control this virus.

edit; many of these countries are topping lists of deaths & hospitalisation per million inhabitants too.

Last edited by Larssen (2022-01-07 09:23:33)

uziq
+492|3422
yes, incredibly backwards area of the world. their stats seriously resembles a picture more like chile/peru and ex-fascist dictatorship shitholes in latin america. only their economic access and social integration to the EU should make them much, much better prepared. no excuses, really.

meanwhile the serbian leader is crying that djokovic is 'being persecuted', and - shock! horror!- being kept in a filthy hotel with migrants. lol. even if he is being made an example of for the world press circus, i salute australia. celebrity film stars and sporting athletes shouldn't get exceptions. whether it's johnny depp's fucking dogs or djokovic's largely empty cranium.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Coworker who sits next to me tested positive today. Having just spoken about how few people I know who caught it, this bastard ruins my metrics. I still feel fine, but am gonna be cautiously monitoring myself for symptoms.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

DesertFox- wrote:

Coworker who sits next to me tested positive today. Having just spoken about how few people I know who caught it, this bastard ruins my metrics. I still feel fine, but am gonna be cautiously monitoring myself for symptoms.
gl bro.

@uziq: i was jokingly saying how our dept PM should threaten to put djokovic down if he doesn't fuck off.

also that hotel is a quarantine hotel... they don't keep refugees there lmao. top lels at the serb president saying "serbs never hurt people before." the whole thing is a shit show from a procedure and its just the PM playing politics. like the result, hate the way its done.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'd have Jerkovich put down.

https://images.theconversation.com/files/408465/original/file-20210626-13-e9b94j.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=1200&h=1200.0&fit=crop

In case anyone cares about the back story, Jerkovich got an exemption from Tennis Australia to play the match, but didn't get one from immigration and had no supporting evidence when he turned up at the border.
In normal circumstances as a celebrity he'd be waved through but this time the PM has suddenly realised public opinion has turned against him and needs a high profile example of being 'tough on covid'.
Never mind that umpteen foreign celebrities have quietly been allowed in and past quarantine to ride out this chinese bioweapon in a mansion away from Trumpland while citizens were still in the queue and had to do two weeks in a medi-hotel.

Still fucking stupid to be holding a tennis match at this time.

Politicians have been pandering to whoever shouts the loudest and people have figured this out.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-08/ … /100744162

Really a pathetic level of planning and implementation, maybe they planned not to plan and just let everyone catch covid - that seems to be what multiple premiers, health minsisters etc have said.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-01-07 21:18:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

re:re:re:re:re:covid antivaxxer dies of covid

QAnon Star Who Said Only ‘Idiots’ Get Vax Dies of COVID
https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-sta … d?ref=wrap

A leading QAnon promoter who urged both her followers and strangers she passed on the street not to take the COVID vaccine died Thursday of the coronavirus, making her just the latest vaccine opponent killed by the disease.

Cirsten Weldon had amassed tens of thousands of followers across right-wing social media networks by promoting the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy under the screenname “CirstenW.” She was prominent enough to become a sort of QAnon interpreter for comedian conspiracy theorist Roseanne Barr and started recording videos about QAnon with her.

Weldon focused on attacking vaccines and other efforts to fight COVID-19, saying in one video that Dr. Anthony Fauci “needs to be hung from a rope.” She claimed the vaccine killed people and even recorded herself yelling at people standing in line to receive vaccines.

“The vaccines kill, don’t get it!” Weldon warned the waiting vaccine recipients in an undated video posted to one of her online accounts. “This is how gullible these idiots are. They’re all getting vaccine!”

In late December, however, Weldon started showing symptoms of coronavirus infection. In her last video, posted on Dec. 28, Weldon struggled through her remarks about the coming overthrow of the United States government, coughing and complaining that she was exhausted.

Three days later, Weldon was hospitalized in Camarillo, California. She posted a picture of herself wearing an oxygen mask to Instagram and claimed she had “bacterial pneumonia.” Weldon wrote in a post on the social media network Telegram that she refused to take coronavirus treatment remdesivir, calling it “Dr Fauci’s Resmedervir (sic).”
e: I don't make these posts lightly or in a sense of ha-ha. A victim of as well as a propagator of misinformation. Real cult stuff.

Also from daily beast (and on wiki's q page):

People in the QAnon community often talk about alienation from family and friends. ... Though they typically talk about how Q frayed their relationships on private Facebook groups. But they think these issues are temporary and primarily the fault of others. They often comfort themselves by imagining that there will be a moment of vindication sometime in the near future which will prove their beliefs right. They imagine that after this happens, not only will their relationships be restored, but people will turn to them as leaders who understand what's going on better than the rest of us.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-01-07 21:11:22)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

fairly candid, but with school name omitted:

I Am a New York City Public High School Student. The Situation is Beyond Control.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comments/r … l_student/

interesting replies in comments.

another comment elsewhere in social media where this post was mirrored:

The most likely outcome of this post is that the school board will try to identify this student and punish them.
lol
uziq
+492|3422
i have zero sympathy for the qanon dead. it’s a giant right-wing grift and they all enjoy their minor celebrity status, their soapbox, and their revenue streams. they could have got into a relatively innocent grift like crypto/NFTs.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I do feel sympathy for anyone who has been brainwashed into death, like Jim Jones followers, people who buy Chevrolets, etc.

But then their passing is good for the species overall so my sympathy is tempered.
uziq
+492|3422
The Omicron variant could make Covid endemic in the UK, a senior government adviser has said.

Dr Mike Tildesley, from the University of Warwick and a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Modelling group (Spi-M), told Times Radio that the latest mutation of the virus was more contagious but less severe than previous iterations.

“The thing that might happen in the future is you may see the emergence of a new variant that is less severe, and ultimately, in the long term, what happens is Covid becomes endemic and you have a less severe version. It’s very similar to the common cold that we’ve lived with for many years,” he said.

“We’re not quite there yet but possibly Omicron is the first ray of light there that suggests that may happen in the longer term. It is, of course, much more transmissible than Delta was, which is concerning, but much less severe.

“Hopefully, as we move more towards the spring and we see the back of Omicron, we can get more inter-relationship of living with Covid as an endemic disease and protecting the vulnerable.

“Any variant that does emerge which is less severe, ultimately, in the longer term, is where we want to be.”
wowsers. it’s almost as if everything i said about a highly transmissible but mild illness being highly opportune is playing out as correct.

it’s in covid’s own evolutionary interest to continue this line of mutation and evolution, that is, being adapted to the upper respiratory tract where it can exhaust plentifully in our return-to-normalcy mirth and laughter to its heart’s contents. it leaves its bigger, sluggard brothers in the deep lungs, which can’t compete.

a nasty head-cold, blocked sinuses, a sore throat, etc, are all classic symptoms of the other coronaviruses/rhinoviruses that have evolved alongside human populations for centuries, endemic in our communities. it makes perfect sense that a novel coronavirus would eventually adapt along this line and gradually move out of the lungs.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-08 03:32:34)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I Am a New York City Public High School Student. The Situation is Beyond Control.

The most likely outcome of this post is that the school board will try to identify this student and punish them.
lol
Things are like that all over. NYC union doesn't have the balls of Chicago to call for a strike. The new mayor of NYC doesn't want to shut down schools a week into his term.

NYC doesn't have an elected school board. The board and "Chancellor" are appointed by the mayor. I don't like such a system. Conflict of interest.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lol
Things are like that all over. NYC union doesn't have the balls of Chicago to call for a strike. The new mayor of NYC doesn't want to shut down schools a week into his term.

NYC doesn't have an elected school board. The board and "Chancellor" are appointed by the mayor. I don't like such a system. Conflict of interest.
and a defacto shut down is pretty much occuring due to the quick spread of omnicron. its like aus, no lockdown but lots of business' closed due to staffing issues due to infection.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

i have zero sympathy for the qanon dead. it’s a giant right-wing grift and they all enjoy their minor celebrity status, their soapbox, and their revenue streams. they could have got into a relatively innocent grift like crypto/NFTs.

Dilbert_X wrote:

my sympathy is tempered.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard