Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

that is 100% correct. it's almost as if the epidemiologists' models are working. viral growth is exponential. "this totally blindsided us", says trump, an illiterate.

jay, comment?
And what's the death rate? Still think 2.2 million Americans will die?

No, sorry.

Maybe you shouldn't panic about everything.

Maybe the world isn't ending.

Maybe what I originally said, that you can't control everyone and lock everyone down, that the virus would spread regardless of any measures taken, and that quarantines were completely pointless, was correct?

We crashed the economy, for nothing.

Millions of people lost their jobs, for nothing.

Literally everything I've said has turned out to be correct, except maybe for the severity of the illness. I admit I underestimated that a bit.
About how many deaths would there need to be for you to say that this was a serious issue?
Oh, it's serious. I'm not denying that. My argument was always that this couldn't be controlled. Control freaks always want to control every externality. This was one they weren't going to win, no matter how much they tried to lock the rest of the world down around them.

Did they really think that shutting down NYC schools, kicking a million kids out and sending them home, and they were going to quietly stay cooped up in their apartment for two weeks? Have you ever met NYC teenagers?

This response was dictated by the Upper East Siders and the Park Slopers. They have the means and the jobs that allow themselves to squirrel themselves away in their co-op for a few weeks. They were super quick to self-quarantine themselves when the news came out and demanded that everyone else follow suit. The poor? Not so much.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
And have you stopped vaping? I have.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3452

Jay wrote:

One thing that has been exposed is that in all of our liberal states, they've been quietly cutting back on services like hospitals and hospital beds for decades because they allowed the pensions of public servants to balloon out of all proportion and had to make cuts. Oops.
ah so it's the liberals who have engineered your terrible health system.

i am learning a lot from jay senpai. tell me more!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

And have you stopped vaping? I have.
Yeah, I quit in January
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

that is 100% correct. it's almost as if the epidemiologists' models are working. viral growth is exponential. "this totally blindsided us", says trump, an illiterate.

jay, comment?
And what's the death rate? Still think 2.2 million Americans will die?

No, sorry.

Maybe you shouldn't panic about everything.

Maybe the world isn't ending.

Maybe what I originally said, that you can't control everyone and lock everyone down, that the virus would spread regardless of any measures taken, and that quarantines were completely pointless, was correct?

We crashed the economy, for nothing.

Millions of people lost their jobs, for nothing.

Literally everything I've said has turned out to be correct, except maybe for the severity of the illness. I admit I underestimated that a bit.
About how many deaths would there need to be for you to say that this was a serious issue?
america is racing to a situation where it cannot contain the pandemic, where the hospitals will be overwhelmed with new patients, and where lots of people will avoidably die. i don't know why, but jay thinks that viral spreads aren't exponential. he thinks it's going to 'top out' at swine flu levels of infection, even though swine flu is considerably weaker and less contagious, and even though we have society-wide vaccines in place for flu which mitigate its effects every single year. for some reason jay doesn't get the idea that the mortality rate could affect 2% of 90% of americans. that's a helluva lot of people.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-24 07:02:44)

uziq
+492|3452
the richest country on earth apparently can't pay pensions to its civil servants and invest in public hospitals and healthcare.

a $500 billion dollar emergency fund to bail out large corporations, but blue states are all broke because of pen-pushers and their pensions!

jay has the sort of relationship with the state that a difficult teenage son does with his dad. it's very love-hate. utterly dependent on the state for his entire rearing and nourishment, still reliant on it for employment and regular income, but hates anyone that relies on government largesse. sad! i hope you can reconcile yourself with your distant father. the state still loves you, jay.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-24 07:09:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Even if we didn't have public worker pensions , do you think republicans would have decided to up the amount of healthcare spending under any circumstance?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
Yes if it banned abortion
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3452
i want to know what jay reads because it is some strong kush. every single issue that comes up he has the zaniest take about how it's the 'liberals' and the 'upper east siders' being 'afraid' and 'craving control'. it's almost cute. like a jordan peterson fan or something talking about lobster hierarchies.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Even if we didn't have public worker pensions , do you think republicans would have decided to up the amount of healthcare spending under any circumstance?
No, but Democrats sell themselves as being for the people, having binders full of plans, universal health care etc. This is their whole schtick. Whenever they gain power they just enrich their cronies and strip the state of resources.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i want to know what jay reads because it is some strong kush. every single issue that comes up he has the zaniest take about how it's the 'liberals' and the 'upper east siders' being 'afraid' and 'craving control'. it's almost cute. like a jordan peterson fan or something talking about lobster hierarchies.
My own observations. But hey, if you want a link to something that I agree with, here you go: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/lux … alypticism
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452
lol by Tyler Durden

you've progressed into such an intellectual jay.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

lol by Tyler Durden

you've progressed into such an intellectual jay.
Every byline on that site is Tyler Durden.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452
yes, i'm familiar with the practice jay. it's not quite Bagehot, is it?

how fucking cringe to be a grown man reading some edgy political rebel site that takes its cues from fight club.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Jay wrote:

Oh, it's serious. I'm not denying that. My argument was always that this couldn't be controlled.
Always been your argument? I'm sorry, but how many times have we quoted and requoted your "don't overreact you guys, it's just the flu," in this thread alone?

People are so pigheaded about this thing that health officials have to beg social media stars and influencers to help convince the unwashed masses.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Here's an article about the people whose primary goal is just to scare the hardworking Joe Average American and inconvenience the HVAC industry. It's not written by "Tyler Durden," (why you would even link that) but it might be up your alley, Jay:

Coronavirus will radically alter the U.S.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 … ections-us

Do you want the country to work towards reducing the death toll and take an economic hit, or do you want us to nothing and still take an economic hit.
uziq
+492|3452

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Oh, it's serious. I'm not denying that. My argument was always that this couldn't be controlled.
Always been your argument? I'm sorry, but how many times have we quoted and requoted your "don't overreact you guys, it's just the flu," in this thread alone?

People are so pigheaded about this thing that health officials have to beg social media stars and influencers to help convince the unwashed masses.
remember, it's just scared liberals trying to cower underneath uncle joe's wing!

and it's mostly seasonal allergies, anyway. i had the flu last year, so i'd know, this'll be over in a sweat.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Here's an article about the people whose primary goal is just to scare the hardworking Joe Average American and inconvenience the HVAC industry. It's not written by "Tyler Durden," (why you would even link that) but it might be up your alley, Jay:

Coronavirus will radically alter the U.S.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 … ections-us

Do you want the country to work towards reducing the death toll and take an economic hit, or do you want us to nothing and still take an economic hit.
We lost the quarantine battle as soon as we let the first 50 infected people into the country and they pinballed all over the country. It doesn't help that we have a near universal tough guy attitude when it comes to working sick.

Idiots like this bitch should be in jail: https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/20-year-o … -symptoms/

Just have to ride it out at this point. Keep your distance, wash your hands, if you're high risk, stay home. Locking people in their homes for weeks or months? Completely pointless and counterproductive.

Last edited by Jay (2020-03-24 08:53:55)

-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

remember, it's just scared liberals trying to cower underneath uncle joe's wing!

and it's mostly seasonal allergies, anyway. i had the flu last year, so i'd know, this'll be over in a sweat.
It is scared liberals. Almost universally.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Still avoiding followup on that part where you sagely told us all it was just the flu and not to overreact, every chance you get to avoid it.

It's a grind, and it's going to stay a grind, but throwing your hands in the air and having everyone just resume life as normal has to be about the worst plan for ongoing pandemic strategy that I could imagine. Apart from literally spraying down entire municipalities with aerosolized COVID-19 or whatever just to "get it over with already."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Jay: It's just the flu, stop overreacting.
Jay: It's too late to manage this!
Jay:
Just have to ride it out at this point. Keep your distance, wash your hands, if you're high risk, stay home.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Still avoiding followup on that part where you sagely told us all it was just the flu and not to overreact, every chance you get to avoid it.

It's a grind, and it's going to stay a grind, but throwing your hands in the air and having everyone just resume life as normal has to be about the worst plan for ongoing pandemic strategy that I could imagine. Apart from literally spraying down entire municipalities with aerosolized COVID-19 or whatever just to "get it over with already."
What point are you trying to make? I still think you have major, major OCD. I think this is the one time in your life you feel like you've been vindicated for all the extra precautions you take in your daily life and you're walking around saying I told you so to everyone that has given you shit. Guess what? You still have OCD.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

jay. the world have adopted the same approach to this virus. everyone is committing mass acts of economic self-harm.

are there liberals in tehran? liberals in shanghai? liberals in fiscally minded germany? is boris johnson a ninny liberal?

you talk such utter fucking bollocks, it's astounding.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

jay. the world have adopted the same approach to this virus. everyone is committing mass acts of economic self-harm.

are there liberals in tehran? liberals in shanghai? liberals in fiscally minded germany? is boris johnson a ninny liberal?

you talk such utter fucking bollocks, it's astounding.
All of those world leaders come from the same schools, have the same friends, share the same tastes etc. The political class panicked across the board.

I dunno why you align yourself with them. They've done nothing for you. You claim Elite status constantly, but are you elite? Are you jet-setting all over the world? These are the douchebags that infected all of us. The global elite and their pretenders flying all over the world "for the experience" while tut tutting the poor for their carbon footprint and resisting the destruction of their own lives.

We should institute a universal 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the country. Who will this impact most? The person getting by on tips at the local restaurant or the "global citizen" douchebag that spread the virus?
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452
ah, yes, xi jinping and the supreme leader/president of iran, going to the same schools. 'the elite'! pah! 'experts', who needs 'em!

you are beyond stupid. you are literally, literally beyond stupid.

the 'elite' didn't spread the disease. do you know who took it to italy? chinese factory workers. wuhan is a logistical/transport hub, not a fucking ski resort for the global 1%. it's denver, not aspen. it's a working town. a lot of people fly to china for business and everyday commerce, jay, not international banking elites and bilderbergers. the global supply chain leads there.

i thought you were a fan of the spirit of enterprise? independence? the rational guiding hand of the market? that's why wuhan is immediately connected to the outside world: trade and commerce. not because of a jet-setting elite.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-24 09:24:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard