unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Speaking of, I need to check the timeline on my boosters.

Also,

QAnon Anti-Vaxxer Called COVID a Hoax Even as His ‘Lungs Stopped Functioning’
A former CIA officer turned conspiracy theorist who claimed to be the first to call COVID-19 a hoax has died from COVID-19.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/93yjzp/ … unctioning

Worth reading more of just for the sheer pigheadedness and the damage he managed to do before he finally went out.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Some people are upset about the tone of the FDA tweet about not using horse dewormer.
https://i.imgur.com/bITcg7W.png
Meanwhile in Ohio
"Judge orders Cinci hospital to treat COVID-19 patient with Ivermectin, despite CDC warnings"
A Butler County judge ruled in favor of a woman last week who sought to force a hospital to administer Ivermectin — an animal dewormer that federal regulators have warned against using in COVID-19 patients — to her husband after several weeks in the ICU with the disease.

Butler County Common Pleas Judge Gregory Howard ordered West Chester Hospital, part of the University of Cincinnati network, to treat Jeffrey Smith, 51, with Ivermectin. The order, filed Aug. 23, compels the hospital to provide Smith with 30mg of Ivermectin daily for three weeks.

The drug was originally developed to deworm livestock animals before doctors began using it against parasitic diseases among humans. Several researchers won a Nobel Prize in 2015 for establishing its efficacy in humans. It’s used to treat head lice, onchocerciasis (river blindness) and others.

Both the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have warned Americans against the use of Ivermectin to treat COVID-19, a viral disease. It’s unproven as a treatment, they say, and large doses of it can be dangerous and cause serious harm. A review of available literature conducted earlier this month by the journal Nature found there’s no certainty in the available data on potential benefits of Ivermectin.

The drug has grown in popularity among conservatives, fueled by endorsements from allies of former President Donald Trump like U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc. or Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity. The CDC warned reports of poisoning related to use of Ivermectin have increased threefold this year, spiking in July.
https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/08/ … -warnings/
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

All the people flocking to dewormer are faithless in hydroxychloroquine.
uziq
+492|3450
i honestly cannot get my head around the concept of people who are highly skeptical about the available vaccines … yet who stuff horse dewormer down their throats whenever they contract an illness. WTF.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

This one's easy.

"Fauci is afraid of people freeing themselves of the scamdemic. Why is the CDC so adamant about the dewormer not being recommended? What are they hiding from us?"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
If anyone's interested I could do another venn diagram showing the overlap between:

People who eat horse shit

People who think taking drugs bought from 'some dude' at a festival is going to end well

People who don't trust virologists
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Party druggers are not really the subset of Americans who get wrapped into right wing paranoia campaigns. For example, left wing organizers set up booths at electric music festivals to sign people up to vote.
uziq
+492|3450
people taking drugs at festivals are not anti-vaxxers. ironically most people who want to attend festivals will gladly take a vaccine ... because almost every club, music venue or festival in the UK/US/EU now requires a 'vaccine passport'. they are definitely not anti-science.

there are also drug testing tents at pretty much all major festivals.

and rarely anyone buys drugs at the festival itself. smart and frequent users have their own trusted supply.

but nice work! you sure understand people!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How many festival-goers eat shit though.
uziq
+492|3450
taken from my instagram feed literally today.

https://i.imgur.com/kSTB4wL.png

go do your venn diagrams though, resident science expert!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Whats your point?

I shall add a circle for "People who are stupid enough to go to a festival during a pandemic"
uziq
+492|3450
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/gove … vaccinated

Government data shows mass events can take place safely but fans urged to remain cautious in crowds and get vaccinated
keep adding circles. you don't understand young people, that much is clear enough. the lowest risk group, who are almost entirely all pro-vaccine and pro-masks.  it's the middle-aged karens and right-wing crypto-conspiracy nuts you need to worry about,  not 'people taking drugs at festivals'. come to think of it ... isn't that demographic dangerously close to your own?

frankly it's bizarre that you wanted to drag in festival go'ers taking drugs to your asinine argument.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-01 03:10:17)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, young people are the lowest risk group, according to people organising festivals on instagram

https://i.imgur.com/EPekjwD.png

Actually Ben Elton's 'yarng adolts' are reckoned to be doing almost all the transmission.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

frankly it's bizarre that you wanted to drag in festival go'ers taking drugs to your asinine argument.
I'm not the one suggesting people take horse de-wormer to combat covid.

It really is equivalent to taking industrial chemicals cooked up in a basement to have a good time
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes, young people are the lowest risk group, according to people organising festivals on instagram

https://i.imgur.com/EPekjwD.png

Actually Ben Elton's 'yarng adolts' are reckoned to be doing almost all the transmission.
you know that risk means 'risk of dying', not 'risk of transmitting', right?

young people in their 20s would get covid regardless, considering they're being forced to attend physical in-person semesters at colleges all over the western world now. duh. i never said they are the lowest risk group for transmission: that's obviously preposterous, as they are the most active and mobile demographic.

and no, people do not take drugs cooked up in some anonymous basement. you do know about reagent kits and safe testing right? all festivals and a lot of major nightclubs have them. the purity of a pill can be ascertained within about 15 minutes. and often times, the problem is that the pills are TOO strong, not that they're dodgy chemicals.

https://www.edmtunes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Screen-Shot-2021-08-02-at-11.26.40-AM.png

people understand very well what MDMA is and what it does to the body by now. the problem is overdosing because – you guessed it – people have to rely upon different pill presses of mixed potency. it's almost as if ... making it legal ... would solve this problem ...

tell me more about pill culture at festivals. you go to a lot, don't you?

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-01 04:29:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

people have to rely upon different pill presses of mixed potency.
And yet they still do it.

Its almost as if .... not doing something illegal .... would solve the problem.

You've got to be be really fucking dumb to be organising raves during a pandemic.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-09-01 04:43:53)

uziq
+492|3450
how is a religious stampede in israel ANYTHING like a well-organized, well-planned, NHS-approved dance event? you really are fucking asinine. grow up.

dilbert: LOL the war on terror is a fucking joke, the biggest disgrace of the 21st century.
also dilbert: this war on drugs thing makes a lot of sense!

anyway ... young people going to music festivals are not anti-vax or anti-science. you've espoused far more vaccine skepticism and hesitancy here yourself, dipshit. glad we cleared that up. clearly young people are very health aware and conscientious.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They can't be super health aware if they're going to raves during a pandemic.

When did I say the war of terror was "the biggest disgrace of the 21st century" ?
We did need a war on terror, but it needed to be done properly.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Going to raves during a pandemic, going to school during a pandemic, going to work during a pandemic.

Mask and vax requirement a step in the right direction. Two preventative measures, the more the merrier.

Remember when you didn't want to get the vaccine, during a pandemic?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Now that I am vaccinated I have no qualms about being in a crowded place without a mask partying. Maybe things will change when Delta destroys NYC this winter.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
A Texas man who led a group of “Freedom Defenders” against mask restrictions died of COVID-19 on Saturday at age 30.

Caleb Wallace left behind three children and a pregnant wife.

His wife, Jessica, announced her husband’s death on a GoFundMe page that had detailed his fight with COVID-19 the past few weeks.
Wallace helped organize “The Freedom Rally” on July 4, 2020 — a gathering described in a flier as a peaceful protest by people “sick of the government being in control of our lives,” the Standard-Times reported.

He also founded “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders,” a group “to educate and empower citizens to make informed choices concerning local, statewide, and national policy and to encourage them to actively participate in their duty to secure God-given and constitutionally protected rights,” the group’s Facebook page stated.

Jessica Wallace said her husband got sick in late July, but “was so hard-headed.”

“He didn’t want to see a doctor, because he didn’t want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests,” she said.

He then tried unproven ivermectin — a livestock dewormer that has been denounced by the FDA — high doses of vitamin C, zinc aspirin and an inhaler, the Standard-Times reported.

Jessica Wallace told the newspaper she didn’t always share her husband’s views and that she wears a mask.
https://i.imgur.com/eYDp9gz.png
Due was younger than me but looked to be in his late 40's. Imagine valuing your freedom more than your 4 kids.

I really liked him in Breaking Bad though.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
\_/ <- Empty

I feel like the wife and children shouldn't have lost someone, but I'm not too concerned about himself.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

"Oh I'm sorry to hear your dad died. What of?"

"That's fine, I never knew him. Also idiocy."

So set on collaborating with the virus that you leave your children fatherless. Dumb priorities.
uziq
+492|3450

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Going to raves during a pandemic, going to school during a pandemic, going to work during a pandemic.

Mask and vax requirement a step in the right direction. Two preventative measures, the more the merrier.

a young person who was 18 when this thing started is probably nearing 21 now. they’ve never been to a pub/bar, a music festival, a nightclub - any of the rites and follies of youth. asking the very youngest and most healthy – as well as those with the most energy – to sit on their hands for 3 years really is a big ask. there are now 40 deaths a day in the U.K.  hospitalisations are way down. deaths are way, way down. at what point do you decide to stop suspending ordinary civil and social society for the sake of < 100 deaths a day? any number of any seasonal or endemic illnesses claim those sorts of numbers.

i was adamantly against reopening or this sort of ‘acceptable death’ calculus in the early stages of the pandemic. that’s because we had no provable vaccines or way of mitigating the plague spread at all. now we do. the vaccines are of changeable effectivity, sure, and we will need to devise booster shots. but the pandemic is now generalised and covid will be with us forever. we really need to think about widespread vaccination drives now as the top priority, not lockdowns and restrictions.

the WHO this week are worrying about the Mu variant already. this thing is never going away. whilst, yes, having relatively open societies could incubate more strains, there’s not exactly a directly linear relationship between the two. new strains are going to mutate and arrive regardless. viral evolution doesn’t have clearly marked accelerator and brake pedals. shutting everyone inside for the next year won’t directly retard the chance of mutations. it doesn’t work like that.

even australia and NZ, the remotest places in the civilised world, are now muttering about ending their ‘zero covid’ policies. it’s simply not tenable. for a multitude of reasons, human and natural, covid is here to stay. you can’t decouple yourself from normal real life, or the global system, and keep it out forever. suppression and eradication became impossible over a year ago.

and yet dilbert still has a problem with 2-3x vaccinated youngsters going to (medically approved) raves. WHAT is the fucking alternative? the young generation today have already had their schooling, exams, expensive university experiences etc. be totally disrupted by this thing. imagine being $75,000 in debt after 2.5 years of a university course given via zoom, with zero class contact, zero social element, zero campus access. then some arsehole who lives at home with his parents accuses you of ‘not being very smart or considerate’ because you go to a party. after mass-scale NHS studies have already established them as safe! lol FUCK off!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I didn't want the AZ vaccine very much, and in the end I didn't have to.

If the stupid pudding running NSW hadn't been so stupid Aus would be virus-free.

Everyone needs to follow lockdown rules - the rules are you can spend as much time out of your house as you like and don't need to wear a mask - genius.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard