Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,870|5579|USA

Er, I guess?

From a tri-cities paper:

COVID outbreak after Eastern WA wedding doubles and spreads to schools, nursing home
https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/cor … ted_inline

The number of people with COVID-19 infections traced to a large wedding near Ritzville in Eastern Washington has doubled in 24 hours.

More than 300 people attended the Nov. 7 wedding, even though wedding receptions in the area where it was held were then limited by the state to just 30 guests.

More cases are expected to be confirmed as the investigation continues.

Tuesday evening the Grant County Health District staff said known cases from the superspreader event were approaching 40 in that county, up from 17 known on Monday evening.
‘We’re exhausted.’ Tri-Cities nurse warns of COVID fatigue as cases surge
https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/cor … 08104.html

Ritzville, Washington

Ritzville is a city in Adams County, Washington, United States. The population was 1,673 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Adams County.Wikipedia
Anyway I'm on the sound corridor. Drive in any direction that isn't the water far enough and you're in rural territory for awhile, sure.

Jay wrote:

It's just the fucking flu, people. So massively overblown
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+432|2527
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … triggered/
Family argues with fast food workers. Titled "Grandpa learned a new word ✨triggered✨"
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,870|5579|USA

OMG, just follow the rules or go somewhere else and stop harassing teenage workers. What a twit. I bet he got on facebook and compared himself to Rosa Parks or something like that.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,870|5579|USA

The followup:

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota ignited COVID-19 outbreak in Minnesota, study finds
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis-mo … ota-study/

How many of those guys do you suppose are introspective about it now?
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,870|5579|USA

Just watched my city council's zoom meeting live, and it's hard not to regard them with some amount of disdain. Chuckling about how inconsistent they are with masks at in-person meetings, or (when I was half paying attention) how some areas are now harder to afford living in, all from their relatively lavish, or at least upper middle class living rooms. Give me a break.

They're like a junior Seattle council, which has also been criticized in the past for laughs and smirks at citizen questions or concerns.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX

Larssen wrote:

Great news - the oxford/astrazeneca vaccine shows up to 90% efficacy, and no serious covid cases in the remaining 10%.

God I hope life is back to normal by the end of winter/early spring. As soon as I get my shot I'm going straight for the airport to catch up on some missed holidays and me time. First world problem for sure but was I fucking bummed out over covid. Finally had everything sorted here and was ready for some long stretches of time off and parties & then the damn bat flu comes in.
All the travel junkies here are going nuts, they're hiring planes to fly in circles.
Epstein didn't kill himself
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The followup:

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota ignited COVID-19 outbreak in Minnesota, study finds
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis-mo … ota-study/

How many of those guys do you suppose are introspective about it now?
Well obviously its someone else's fault.

Thanksgiving may kill more people than Vietnam, best of luck.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Great news - the oxford/astrazeneca vaccine shows up to 90% efficacy, and no serious covid cases in the remaining 10%.

God I hope life is back to normal by the end of winter/early spring. As soon as I get my shot I'm going straight for the airport to catch up on some missed holidays and me time. First world problem for sure but was I fucking bummed out over covid. Finally had everything sorted here and was ready for some long stretches of time off and parties & then the damn bat flu comes in.
All the travel junkies here are going nuts, they're hiring planes to fly in circles.
so, just like with the 'assimilated' turks who found the first vaccine, you have nothing to say about thatcher's department at oksferd contributing to the world's best vaccine solution yet. it's amazing how wrongheaded you are in your blundering prejudices, isn't it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX
'Thatcher's Department' ?

When are you going to thank me for everything Imperial has done?
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260
you've tried to make out she wasn't a 'real scientist' because of her education. the place she was educated is a world-leader in science.

i'm applying your own bizarre logic back at you. i don't think a person's undergraduate certificate has much at all to do with their career achievements. undergraduate is typically not even the start of it.

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-24 02:34:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX
Well as you know there is a total disconnect between undergraduate teaching and research so I have no idea what your point is supposed to be.

The degree people do is in large part a reflection of their personality type.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260
thatcher worked in a scientific lab after graduation. she more directly used her science education than you ever have. your application is vocational in contrast, not research-based. you don't get to be a spokesperson and arbiter of 'science' and then exclude someone with thatcher's resume. it's that simple.

how do degrees determine personality type? perhaps in your autistic koi pond. every sort of personality does every sort of subject in the 'real world.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX
Thtacher did three years as a graduate working on plastics and ice-cream - cutting edge stuff - before she gave up and got married.

I'm a technologist, I've done plenty of technologing thanks.

People with different personality types pick particular subjects and career paths.
Arrogant corrupt morons pick arts at oxsferd then go into politics it seems.
Or there is something about the place which perverts people.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260
all of the people you take as examples come from a very specific socio-economic class, the traditional 1%, eton, harrow, public school, oxford, etc. 80% of the students in oxford's humanities faculty do not have that background. you are diagnosing a problem with the british class system and the way power operates (and is inherited), not a particular problem with an institution. lots of state-school kids go to oksferd and do english (or grammar school kids do chemistry, a la thatcher).

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-24 03:00:00)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX
OK but take a look at the last 30 years of British govt failure.

If they were all UCL biologists people would be asking questions.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260
odd, because +10 years from 30 years ago there was widespread chaos and dissatisfaction caused by a long-reigning oxford chemist.

selective, aren't you?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+432|2527
If anything happens to my loved ones thanks to COVID, I am still not going to be personally angry at China for it. Our disaster here is our own doing. The average American has absolutely no stake in the great power contest between China and the U.S.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,901|5440|949

Just got back from taking my covid test. It was a throat swab test this time. Slightly less intrusive than the nasal swab, but not by much.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,700|5545|Oxferd Ohire
Thanksgiving may be cancelled and work may have it's first positive employee. more news at 11
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+432|2527
Please stay safe. I worry about you.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-11-24 14:25:48)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,901|5440|949

Negative. Results in less than 8 hours, noice
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

odd, because +10 years from 30 years ago there was widespread chaos and dissatisfaction caused by a long-reigning oxford chemist.

selective, aren't you?
She wasn't really a proper chemist, it wasn't her first choice subject and only did it because it would get her into Oxford.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260
you are so utterly tedious to talk to.

a person with a chemistry degree ‘isn’t a real chemist’ but an opportunist. but a person who does history and spends three years at the oxford union networking and preparing for a political career is a definite, life-long, bona fide HISTORIAN!

your head is full of slop.

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-25 01:24:32)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4914|eXtreme to the maX
It seems the common variable is Oxsferd.

Lets use science to solve this, BRB.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+380|2260
yes, the same university that also produced the world's first low-cost, fridge-temp vaccine.

you might want to work on your thesis.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard