I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

take it to the "what do you look like" thread
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Longish covid-19 anecdotal, lots of pics:

I Need Folks Who Refuse To Wear A Mask To Hear My COVID-19 Story
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/folks-r … 48411.html

But yes, people trying to follow basic preventative measures are just a bunch of liberal pussy cowards who want to tank the economy just so they can spend one more Christmas with their parents. Selfish pricks, one and all.

Whole thing is totally overblown.
uziq
+492|3460

Jay wrote:

The UK is batshit.

Having sex in your own home with someone from a different household is illegal from today, after the government altered its coronavirus legislation.

At 11.30am on Monday, a change to the law was introduced that bans two people from different households in England gathering in an indoor, private place during the coronavirus lockdown.

The amendment to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Bill states: “No person may participate in a gathering which takes place in a public or private place indoors, and consists of two or more persons.”

Previously, going to another person’s home to have sex would have been a breach of coronavirus lockdown restrictions, but now both parties could be prosecuted under the law. Having sex in public is already illegal.

Only those with a “reasonable excuse” are permitted to meet in a private place.
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coron … wG5K2Ey_Yq
no one is listening to the govt anymore. the PM’s own top advisor broke the law. people are just following general distancing measures. so on that stroke, the number of people going to other’s houses for sex has been minimal tbqh.

how’s the US’s numbers? you’re still worse than third world brazil with its fascist strongman and infected shanty towns, right?

how’s your beloved sweden doing, with its hands-off approach? it’s neighbours are slowly reopening — and banning swedes from coming into their country.

how come you never respond to anything that contradicts your bad science? like macbeth’s post about the death rate of covid compared to flu? you had so much to say about this before!!!!

”Everyone has just looked at the first 100 yards of this marathon,” said Michael Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

Dr Anthony Fauci, the administration’s top infectious disease expert, has admitted not seeing the president in weeks despite the ongoing public health crisis. “Where is it going to end? We’re still at the beginning of it,” Fauci said this week.
l o l. enjoy your second spike.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-10 22:33:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
How are you cucks still doing as far as social distancing goes? I don't plan to do large gathering for the foreseeable future. Inviting anyone over to hangout or going to people's homes still feels irresponsible. Especially for someone like me who works from home and has no excuse to go out and deal with people.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire
my states health director resigned today.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

How are you cucks still doing as far as social distancing goes? I don't plan to do large gathering for the foreseeable future. Inviting anyone over to hangout or going to people's homes still feels irresponsible. Especially for someone like me who works from home and has no excuse to go out and deal with people.
no large gatherings (like sporting events or concerts) until it is either eradicated or a vaccine is made available. No bars either. I have no problem going to a restaurant if they seem to be on top of cleaning and disinfecting.
Larssen
+99|1896
I had some time inbetween postings and recently started a new one. Have to be in the office 1 or 2 days a week, started meeting a number of friends regularly since about a month ago but no large gatherings.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX
Locally my state has had no in-community transmission for around two months.
Social distancing is still in place, restaurants etc are slowly opening up.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
https://i.imgur.com/zmLBn5m.png
So while deaths seem to be dropping off from our 9/11 a day peak, overall infections are rising. Red states are now getting pummeled probably due to their lackadaisical approach to the whole thing. We will see in a week how the protest affected things.

There are 81 days until September and the chance for Jay's kid to make macaroni art. Assuming we keep steady at 500-800 deaths a day that would mean 40,500 to 64,500 more deaths and a ballpark total of 170,000 to 200,000 total Americans over a 6 month period. About 1% of Americans would have been affected by then too. What happens in fall is another big post to make. What is my overall point?
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/017/916/Shits_4b0362_1564208.jpg
uziq
+492|3460
i think we are so inured to the fast news cycle and lurching from one constant crisis to another that we forget that pandemics have their own timeline, their own internal rhythm. just because we are sick of it, 6 months in, doesn't mean it has spent itself or will slow down. i still think july will be a crucial month for deciding whether or not lockdowns should be gradually abandoned or persisted with. by then, after about a month of 'relaxed measures', we will see if the social distancing and test/track regimes are adequate.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-12 09:19:51)

Larssen
+99|1896
I believe we're going to be relatively steady (in Europe) until flu season starts around november.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
NYT alert: Florida and Texas Report Record High Daily Cases,

The 2nd and third most populous states after #1 Cali and before #4 NY. That's not good.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Coronavirus survival comes with a $1.1 million, 181-page price tag
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne … pital-bill

Fun.
uziq
+492|3460
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 … generation

oh dear.

As editor of the Lancet, he’s particularly aggrieved that the series of five academic papers the journal published in late January first describing the novel coronavirus in disturbing detail went unheeded.

“In several of the papers they talked about the importance of personal protective equipment,” he reminds me. “And the importance of testing, the importance of avoiding mass gatherings, the importance of considering school closure, the importance of lockdowns. All of the things that have happened in the last three months here, they’re all in those five papers.”

He still can’t understand why the government’s scientific advisers didn’t consult their counterparts in China. The world of medicine is a small one, he says, and everyone knows the people responsible for coordinating the Chinese government’s response. “These are people they could have literally sent an email to, or picked the phone up to, and said, ‘Hey, we read your paper in the Lancet, can it really be as bad as that? What is going on in Wuhan?’ And if they’d done that they would have found out that this was indeed as bad as described.”
uziq
+492|3460
I don’t think it is a coincidence that Trump, Johnson & Bolsonaro are presiding over the worst COVID19 catastrophes

Populist lies don’t work with factual diseases
clap.emoji
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If proof was ever needed that Oxford graduates with stupid humanities degrees and no actual knowledge of anything shouldn't be in positions of power I think these two are it.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/51f314b34c9b0ed89b6823227b8a729ff5ab3ae5/0_39_2555_1534/master/2555.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=7cd4f44405ef319f2dd90ce04b0e56f2

Cummings: "Ancient and Modern History"

Johnson: "Literae humaniores"
uziq
+492|3460
i think that's called selection bias. what about all the so-called 'great' and celebrated leaders? i think you'll find a good concentration of humanities graduates there, too.

but yes, they are two of the biggest nitwits to ever hold power.

it would be a lot more relevant to talk about how they have made it in a new culture/political ecosystem of SPADs, journalists and publicitymen. politics since cameron, particularly in the conservative party, has been made over into a communications or PR company. they are almost solely concerned with controlling news media narratives and commanding headlines. zero policy, zero substance, zero strategy.

it's telling that they both got their big political 'break' in the pro-brexit leave campaign, which was nothing but a series of spectacular staged lies. a new epoch of zero-accountability, post-truth, prole-frenzy-whipping inanity.

a humanities degree has nothing to do with it. do you really think you'd make for a better political leader? having an engineering degree evidently has done nothing for your understanding of human beings, particularly non-white ones. you are full of bad science, let alone bad politics.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-15 02:07:27)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
(CNN)Beijing is reintroducing strict lockdown measures and rolling out mass testing after a fresh cluster of novel coronavirus cases emerged from the city's largest wholesale food market, sparking fears of a resurgence of the deadly outbreak.

The Chinese capital reported 36 new Covid-19 cases on Monday, bringing the total number to 79 since a locally transmitted infection was reported on June 12 for the first time in nearly two months, according to the National Health Commission.
Looks like bats are back on the menu, boys.
uziq
+492|3460
if beijing can't control secondary outbreaks or a 'second wave', we are fucked. the tools at their disposal far outweigh anything that we have.

luckily china isn't full ofpeople like jay who play down the severity of the disease; they know it's bad. chinese people are actively afraid of it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i think that's called selection bias. what about all the so-called 'great' and celebrated leaders? i think you'll find a good concentration of humanities graduates there, too.

but yes, they are two of the biggest nitwits to ever hold power.

it would be a lot more relevant to talk about how they have made it in a new culture/political ecosystem of SPADs, journalists and publicitymen. politics since cameron, particularly in the conservative party, has been made over into a communications or PR company. they are almost solely concerned with controlling news media narratives and commanding headlines. zero policy, zero substance, zero strategy.

it's telling that they both got their big political 'break' in the pro-brexit leave campaign, which was nothing but a series of spectacular staged lies. a new epoch of zero-accountability, post-truth, prole-frenzy-whipping inanity.

a humanities degree has nothing to do with it. do you really think you'd make for a better political leader? having an engineering degree evidently has done nothing for your understanding of human beings, particularly non-white ones. you are full of bad science, let alone bad politics.
What we need is a technocracy, not a succession of Eton twats who partied their way through easy degrees.

Yes I think I'd make a better PM than um you for example.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
I agree. If China gets massive second wave then that pretty much guarantees that there's no stopping it for any country. I am not saying we need to just accept that there is nothing we can do and let it run it's course like Jay would suggest though. We should take steps to prepare ourselves for this thing to be around forever like the traditional flu or probably more like tuberculosis is.

From what I have been reading it seems like the disease mutated to become more infectious. But it is also becoming less deadly and we have gotten a bit better at figuring out how to treat the infection.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Australia is doing far better than China did, without the savage lockdowns.

It seems we're going to open up prematurely, welcome back 200,000 chinese students, and fuck it all up.
uziq
+492|3460

Dilbert_X wrote:

Australia is doing far better than China did, without the savage lockdowns.

It seems we're going to open up prematurely, welcome back 200,000 chinese students, and fuck it all up.
no shit australia did better. you are a sparsely populated country with major concentrations of people in about 4 cities. and only about 4 major points of ingress, too. china meanwhile had an outbreak at the hub of its logistical wheel. what’s the population of wuhan compared to major australian conurbations?

good luck with the PM thing. racist misanthropes might stand a chance of political office in australia.

come to think of it, what are you actually doing politically? you sure do like to complain. why don’t you get off your backside if you’re so cross about your policy towards chinese students?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Also we don't butcher and eat endangered and disease-ridden animals.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've attended numerous political events and written to my various MPs.
Some of them have even replied.
uziq
+492|3460
wow, R of Wagga Wagga, frequent haunter of the letters page of the Wagga Times, and steady acquaintance of local MPs office secretary.

what a huge dent you are making.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard