KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

lil_droo wrote:

Jay wrote:

lil_droo wrote:

I'm back at work full time again. Past few months I was working one week on one week off (paid of course). And traffic sucks again

I would sacrifice the economy and every single one of u for a big spike in cases if it means we get another lockdown so I can deal with less traffic and only work every other week

I would have invested in a lifetime bangbros subscription if this kept up

Ken I'm an electrical station operator for a city utility. I do high voltage switching in big receiving stations and smaller distribution stations. It's mostly just button pushing on a switching board. I don't have to do much physical shit anymore. Thank god. Blue collar work is fucking horrible I'm not cut out for it. And to think I wanted to be a lineman

The most physical thing I have to do is open up disconnects with a hot stick sometimes
In a Cal suit?
Yeah arc flash rated smok suit. Only really for opening/closing discs and CBs in the rack. I just wear a normal FR long sleeve and pants otherwise

Have u worked in substations before?
I have a buddy who works for MWD. How long have you been an electrician? Union or non-union?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Just look him up on LinkedIn
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

don't care enough
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Can we get androo unlimited? I want to read more of what he has to say

Ken if you ask an admin they will do it
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
"Hunger Program’s Slow Start Leaves Millions of Children Waiting"
As child hunger soars to levels without modern precedent, an emergency program Congress created two months ago has reached only a small fraction of the 30 million children it was intended to help.

The program, Pandemic-EBT, aims to compensate for the declining reach of school meals by placing their value on electronic cards that families can use in grocery stores. But collecting lunch lists from thousands of school districts, transferring them to often-outdated state computers and issuing specialized cards has proved much harder than envisioned, leaving millions of needy families waiting to buy food.

Congress approved the effort in mid-March as part of the Families First act, its first major coronavirus relief package. By May 15, only about 15 percent of eligible children had received benefits, according to an analysis by The New York Times. Just 12 states had started sending money, and Michigan and Rhode Island alone had finished.

The pace is accelerating, with millions of families expected to receive payments in the coming weeks. But 16 states still lack federal approval to begin the payments and Utah declined to participate, saying it did not have the administrative capacity to distribute the money. Many Southern states with high rates of child hunger have gotten a slow start.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/26/us/p … virus.html

The liberal solution of direct cash transfer to then be used to purchase food on the free market seems to not have done well. I did suggest earlier the U.S. buy the food farmers are destroying and then pay workers to process the food and the military to distribute it to food banks. I got called a lazy stoner. Which while true is a bad rebuttal to a good idea.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

"Hunger Program’s Slow Start Leaves Millions of Children Waiting"
As child hunger soars to levels without modern precedent, an emergency program Congress created two months ago has reached only a small fraction of the 30 million children it was intended to help.

The program, Pandemic-EBT, aims to compensate for the declining reach of school meals by placing their value on electronic cards that families can use in grocery stores. But collecting lunch lists from thousands of school districts, transferring them to often-outdated state computers and issuing specialized cards has proved much harder than envisioned, leaving millions of needy families waiting to buy food.

Congress approved the effort in mid-March as part of the Families First act, its first major coronavirus relief package. By May 15, only about 15 percent of eligible children had received benefits, according to an analysis by The New York Times. Just 12 states had started sending money, and Michigan and Rhode Island alone had finished.

The pace is accelerating, with millions of families expected to receive payments in the coming weeks. But 16 states still lack federal approval to begin the payments and Utah declined to participate, saying it did not have the administrative capacity to distribute the money. Many Southern states with high rates of child hunger have gotten a slow start.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/26/us/p … virus.html

The liberal solution of direct cash transfer to then be used to purchase food on the free market seems to not have done well. I did suggest earlier the U.S. buy the food farmers are destroying and then pay workers to process the food and the military to distribute it to food banks. I got called a lazy stoner. Which while true is a bad rebuttal to a good idea.
You do understand that farmers are destroying their food because the canneries and slaughterhouses have shut down? You do also understand that a lot of the food being destroyed was destined for restaurants, and that restaurants have shut down? You literally have every federal program you could want in place to support farmers. The government already sets prices and buys up surplus and pays farmers not to farm and covers their crop insurance. If there is any group that doesn't need more intervention it is farmers.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I understand the supply chain disruption. But I still find it really hard to believe that the federal government couldn't provide the medical equipment necessary to safely staff factory farms for awhile. Why couldn't we use national guardsmen or active duty soldiers stationed stateside to staff factories? I know the food was going to restaurants. We couldn't provide PPE to have some restaurants kitchens staffed and use them as national guard food distribution centers? There is literally nothing that could have been done to make this situation in any way better?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
National Guardsmen have their own day jobs they'd be pulled from, and they have no training in that sort of thing. This isn't ancient Rome, we don't have our military out building roads. It's not their job.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3450
don't the us corps of engineers basically do that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, they're responsible for maintaining inland waterways like locks and dams.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

the Army Corps of Engineers is the entity primarily responsible for building and maintaining flood control projects in LA and OC.

The more you know!
uziq
+492|3450

Jay wrote:

but i mean, they can't pivot to other infrastructure?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Killing a cow. Too hard. Packaging orange. Impossible to learn.
uziq
+492|3450
you need to get a bunch of oil men. drillers. haven't you seen armageddon?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

but i mean, they can't pivot to other infrastructure?
Why would you want them to? They did bring them into New York to build the temporary hospitals, but they were just the funding mechanism, similar to FEMA. They solicited bids and hired General Contractors to do the actual work.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3450

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the Army Corps of Engineers is the entity primarily responsible for building and maintaining flood control projects in LA and OC.

The more you know!
i heard about them on a spike lee movie about new orleans so that figures. i just wasn't sure how much of a role they had in infrastructure/disaster response in general.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

uziq wrote:

https://youtu.be/c0IGy1Jr9X0?t=44
uziq
+492|3450

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

https://youtu.be/c0IGy1Jr9X0?t=44
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

They're specialty skills. Could you kill and butcher a cow? Could you operate orange picking machinery and know where to send it? Our economy is specialized. I wouldn't know the first thing about butchering a cow, and frankly, I don't want to. I pay other people to do it for me. The military's job is to fight with guns against other people with guns. That's their specialization.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3450
jay you sound like a fag. real men know basic butchery.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

They're specialty skills. Could you kill and butcher a cow? Could you operate orange picking machinery and know where to send it? Our economy is specialized. I wouldn't know the first thing about butchering a cow, and frankly, I don't want to. I pay other people to do it for me. The military's job is to fight with guns against other people with guns. That's their specialization.
Are people in the military so stupid they couldn't learn how to farm in the last three months? They hire illegal immigrants to do these jobs. It's probably not rocket science.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'm ok with that. Why order a primal if I can just get the cut I want without a lot of fuss?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Are people in the military so stupid they couldn't learn how to farm in the last three months? They hire illegal immigrants to do these jobs. It's probably not rocket science.
Again, why would you want them to do it?
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

So people don't go hungry when we don't have to. In World War 2 we produced a new tank every few seconds. We could do that but can't pack oranges?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So people don't go hungry when we don't have to. In World War 2 we produced a new tank every few seconds. We could do that but can't pack oranges?
You have weird obsessions.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard