Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

uziq wrote:

i have never been unemployed in my life. never taken any state benefits or handout. never been given any sort of welfare cheque.

but i am broadly in support of those things. in support of a shorter working week. in support of UBI.

jay meanwhile has been all of the above and yet moralises and lectures to people about their great evils, how they must be avoided at all costs, how they are for losers and the work-shy etc etc.

make u think
Makes you think about having a rich uncle for a patron, an uncle that made his money exploiting and ripping off musicians. If only I could've been born into such a noble lineage. Alas! It's completely hilarious you style yourself as the type your uncle ripped off.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I feel like my post college years would have been significantly easier if I was born white. I know not every white person gets the sort of stable upbringing I have had but I know plenty of white people who had even better head starts and still fucked it all up. It really makes you think.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why would it matter? You'd still be you, working for the government somewhere.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I wouldn't be me at all. My entire life experience would have been different. I might have turned out to be an even more caring, loving, empathetic, and gentle person than I already am.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I think you put too much stock in skin color
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Totally agreed. I think you put too much stock in class though too.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto

Jay wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_defensiveness

Sounds like white fragility.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I honestly don't really put any into it. Libertarian, remember?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

Jay wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_defensiveness

Sounds like white fragility.
Wow, what a convenient concept for non-white people to use. You can be called a racist all day, and when you finally object, you're just being defensive, which is further proof of your inherent racism. This is the shit they teach teachers in NYC public schools. It's fucking gross.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

i have never been unemployed in my life. never taken any state benefits or handout. never been given any sort of welfare cheque.

but i am broadly in support of those things. in support of a shorter working week. in support of UBI.

jay meanwhile has been all of the above and yet moralises and lectures to people about their great evils, how they must be avoided at all costs, how they are for losers and the work-shy etc etc.

make u think
Makes you think about having a rich uncle for a patron, an uncle that made his money exploiting and ripping off musicians. If only I could've been born into such a noble lineage. Alas! It's completely hilarious you style yourself as the type your uncle ripped off.
what are you on about? joe meek was a great-uncle, he died in like the 1960s, and he was a record producer who wrote all the songs. lmao ripping off musicians. you do know the concept of session musicians right? that was how records were made before the beatles.

also i’ve never seen a single penny from that guy. there was no money. literally all of this is public record. like as in, on his wikipedia. a good dinner-party anecdote is not quite the same thing as a trust fund.

looks like you’re just going to have to accept that some people are more self-reliant than you, and earned their careers and places in the world without relying on the government and hand-outs.

come to think of it, wasn’t self-reliance and taking responsibility your definition of manliness? you simpering manlet. no wonder you’re insecure.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-26 04:40:57)

uziq
+492|3453

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I honestly don't really put any into it. Libertarian, remember?

jay, i'm pretty sure you are one of the most insecure adults i have ever met. everything about you is an uneasy contradiction. you find fashion and men bothering over their dress 'gay', but take inordinate pride in your (largely unused) 'big man' boot collection. you criticise people for softness, effeminacy, and then sit in a suburban home gently perfumed by luxury soy candles.

everything about you screams an individual in an identity crisis, uneasily shifting up a notch on the social ladder, and all the while needing reinforcement and guffawing that he's not lost his gruff blue-collar 'manliness'. that is, that you're still known as the big hard server admin from a base in iraq, and a high-school football player. really it's too pathetic. i see a big clumsy bear on very thin ice. i mean, c'mon, sending physical threats over the internet when you're a decade into double-chins: you're a beast in distress. i foresee the inevitable letting go of this perishable part of your identity being very hard on you. don't worry, most fathers with sons naturally encounter this existential moment when their kids grow up and can overpower them.

you're also utterly devoured by issues of class. anyone who is higher than you in the social order, you pour scorn upon. that's a whole lot of effort and negative feelings to continually bottle and unstop (that is, of course, unless they belong to the narrow right-wing cabal you pay fealty to, in which case bootlicking is the order of the day). with those same contrived right-wing attitudes, you lord it over the very demographic and stratum of society that you came from, which is those with their hands held out for a donation, or those (quite reasonably, i might add) looking for a leg-up. there is nothing exceptional or mysterious about this. you have the mentality of any petit-bourgeois who has finally got a bit of land and property, and is holding onto it with no small amount of terror. class literally rules your existence, you sad peon. you should really read marx and develop some revolutionary consciousness! your feeble mind has only been further enfeebled by the shackles of bad faith!

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-26 01:59:13)

uziq
+492|3453
just had Q2 directors' meeting at the company. performance not really affected by the entire (~500 person) multi-national company pivoting to full working from home. office won't be re-opening until september 1st at the earliest, and then it will be a phased re-opening. director is sending out a survey to all employee's to canvas their concerns and opinions.

basically spending all of one year WFH. wild.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

"Your office just sounds like a bunch of hand-wringing germaphobes worrying over a little spat of flu while glorifying in hand sanitizers and tissue box shoes. No responsibility in the world!"
uziq
+492|3453
"i'm just going to go to great expense to send my kids to private school but i don't care about class at all. private school, like luxury-brand candles and suburban cowboy boots, are actually very rugged-libertarian".
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Cowboy chic should have died with Broke Back Mountain.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Jay is like an extra from a knock-off City Slickers reboot.
uziq
+492|3453
remember that elsewhere jay was defending home-schooling as well, on his 'good libertarian principles', no doubt.

lmao. what a fucking quack.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Midnight Cowboy seems like a better fit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Must have slipped my mind in his eagerness to get his kids sent off to plague kindergarten.
uziq
+492|3453
jay is a walk-in wardrobe of affectations that he wears about as lightly as a sarong. and yet he accuses people of 'styling' themselves as things they are not.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Jay probably read about Kawasaki-like symptoms popping up in covid kiddos and thought that riding motorcycles was a small price to pay for an upper class preschool education.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

"i'm just going to go to great expense to send my kids to private school but i don't care about class at all. private school, like luxury-brand candles and suburban cowboy boots, are actually very rugged-libertarian".
oh man, i care about my children's education. The horror
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

i thought you said home-schooling was just as good, and the stereotype about it being for jesus freaks is out of date? why don't you get them a personal tutor? what was all that stuff you were saying about lutheran schools having a good cachet and reputation? are you sure you don't care at all about class jay? you don't sound very libertarian.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i thought you said home-schooling was just as good, and the stereotype about it being for jesus freaks is out of date? why don't you get them a personal tutor? what was all that stuff you were saying about lutheran schools having a good cachet and reputation? are you sure you don't care at all about class jay? you don't sound very libertarian.
This is the dumbest line of attack you've ever taken.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay probably read about Kawasaki-like symptoms popping up in covid kiddos and thought that riding motorcycles was a small price to pay for an upper class preschool education.
You remind me of an autistic version of Ben Stiller's character in Along Came Polly

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-26 05:47:31)

-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard