Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
I did see an article somewhere where the orthodox jews were complaining the secular jews were behaving like Nazis over the wuhan bat flu.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
i was referring more to the point about the conditions in which they live being the chief reason for their high transmission rate. they basically live in self-imposed 19th century ghettoes, even without modern amenities and technology. that doesn't excuse it, but it explains why they post such terrible stats in comparison to other groups. and they are not exactly in contact with the 'outside world', posing a big threat. i remember trying to explain this to you two dozen pages ago: about how their trans-generational living arrangements and close proximity are the main factors.

cf. scandinavian countries posting lower stats, regardless of lockdown or no lockdown (sweden), because they also have the highest level of single-occupant households in the western world. anti-social, non-mixing people don't spread the disease as much as those who live with their great-uncles and grandparents: who knew?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ah OK, so they're basically like the Amish, except they're OK with murdering people to steal their land.
That explains a lot. Still, no-one really wants plague-ridden ghettos anywhere near them.
I'd still like to see an explanation of the infection rate in New York compared with pretty well anywhere else. Could be Catholics too.

I thought all the petit-dictator stuff about Netanyahu had a point, he really is behaving like Hitler.
uziq
+492|3444
the infection rate in new york, you mean one of the main international destinations in the world? america's cultural centre? its economic hub?

i wonder why it had such a high number of covid cases???

must be the hasidim, that numerous, gregarious lot who mix widely and freely in goyim society.

sometimes your intelligence really is beneath comment.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

uziq wrote:

the infection rate in new york, you mean one of the main international destinations in the world? america's cultural centre? its economic hub?

must be the hasidim, that numerous, gregarious lot who mix widely and freely in goyim society.

You act like they have walled communities and don't mix at all. They're clannish and do stick together, but the husbands still have to work. Their communities are responsible for the majority of cases in Westchester County and Brooklyn. They take no precautions because they are fatalistic about everything. They don't vaccinate their kids for the same reason.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
yes, neither do large reams of regular protestant americans. let's not bring in vaccination as if that has anything to do with the present scenario. when the hasidim are spreading tuberculosis around new york, you can certainly discuss it.

we already know that covid got to new york from european tourists/incomers. considering it spreads exponentially and freely among populations all around the world, why the hell would you especially highlight the hasidim as being especially culpable? and not, say, people like you, who commute on public transport, go to offices every other day (a nonsensical measure), insist on re-entering society when you are still within the infection window? it's simply incredible that you'll point silently at the hasidim whilst you yourself were likely a high-risk vector of infection, jay.

where do the men of the family work? in businesses catering to the hasidim community? or in the corporate towers of wall street? where do they shop? at regular stores and supermarkets/bodegas, or at kosher stores catering to their own community? how do they get around the city? on public transport or in their own private people carriers? how many members of the public do you think they come in contact with on a daily basis compared to an average commuter-citizen? make u think.

to be clear, i am not saying that they effectively self-isolate and have no contact with the outside world whatsoever. i just think it's funny that dilbert blames them and not, err, average americans who are far more social, far more integrated, far more gregarious, and most importantly, far more populous in places like new york. we know from case studies all over the world that covid spreads in public restaurants, in bars/nightclubs, at hotels, at conferences -- places you're not likely to find the hasidim. where do they gather in large assemblies? a synagogue?

epidemiologists do take into account different demographics and their sociology/cultures when it comes to that all-important r-factor/risk. i wonder what they make of the hasidim. a certain community being disproportionately affected/having a concentrated outbreak does not follow that they are disproportionately spreading it to the whole of society at large. it's not complicated.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-17 06:01:37)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

yes, neither do large reams of regular protestant americans. let's not bring in vaccination as if that has anything to do with the present scenario. when the hasidim are spreading tuberculosis around new york, you can certainly discuss it.

we already know that covid got to new york from european tourists/incomers. considering it spreads exponentially and freely among populations all around the world, why the hell would you especially highlight the hasidim as being especially culpable? and not, say, people like you, who commute on public transport, go to offices every other day (a nonsensical measure), insist on re-entering society when you are still within the infection window? it's simply incredible that you'll point silently at the hasidim whilst you yourself were likely a high-risk vector of infection, jay.

where do the men of the family work? in businesses catering to the hasidim community? or in the corporate towers of wall street? where do they shop? at regular stores and supermarkets/bodegas, or at kosher stores catering to their own community? how do they get around the city? on public transport or in their own private people carriers? how many members of the public do you think they come in contact with on a daily basis compared to an average commuter-citizen? make u think.

to be clear, i am not saying that they effectively self-isolate and have no contact with the outside world whatsoever. i just think it's funny that dilbert blames them and not, err, average americans who are far more social, far more integrated, far more gregarious, and most importantly, far more populous in places like new york. we know from case studies all over the world that covid spreads in public restaurants, in bars/nightclubs, at hotels, at conferences -- places you're not likely to find the hasidim. where do they gather in large assemblies? a synagogue?

epidemiologists do take into account different demographics and their sociology/cultures when it comes to that all-important r-factor/risk. i wonder what they make of the hasidim. a certain community being disproportionately affected/having a concentrated outbreak does not follow that they are disproportionately spreading it to the whole of society at large. it's not complicated.
It really doesn't matter what the argument is, you will always be contrarian. Whatever dude
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
i'm the contrarian, here?

why are you bitching at them at all? they're doing just as you've recommended all along -- continuing about their lives, ignoring scientific advice, associating freely, 'getting to work', etc. the hasidim are a wonderful example of what happens when you ignore experts and treat a virus like it's no big deal.

but now you're pointing at them and invoking 'dirty jew' tropes? worried about them 'poisoning the well'?

make some sense.

jay: look at these stupid fearful liberals. praying for a magic vaccine! it’s hopeless, the vaccine will never work! virologists are on a fool’s errand!

also jay: look at these hasidim! they don’t even believe in vaccination!!!

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-17 06:07:13)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'm not batching about them, but they have made decisions as a community that have endangered others. They're not immune to criticism. You spent yesterday defending the Chinese and today you're defending the Hasidics. What you will never do is defend your own culture. You would've defended the Nazis like Chamberlain too. They're just different, right? Within you lies an intellectual wasteland.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
jay, the simple fact of the matter is that, if your thinking had any inner logic or coherency at all, you should be applauding the hasidim. they are the self-reliant libertarians par excellence: fiercely independent, caring little for the meddling government, dismissive of the fretful, ‘hysterical’ scientists, caught up in fear of the everyday world.

but instead you love bashing them. you’ve done it several times in this thread already, cajoling and encouraging dilbert in his anti-semitism, with a smug grin on your face.

the fatal difference, it seems, is that their kind of ignorance is different to your own ignorance — though they are both surely as hapless and moronic when it comes to the science. for their faulty ‘fatalism’, swap out your leaky concept of ‘individualism’. both taken as absolute creeds are dumb shit of the highest order, found badly wanting by all empirical evidence and testing by the reality principle. but no matter.

you can’t pick and choose science when you want, jay. you can’t beat other people over the head for being religious yokels without science, and then talk about how you relish stopping your ears to the writings of academics, scientists, clinicians, etc. either science is a methodical attempt at an objective truth, to which we consensually agree, or its nothing at all. you hot switch science and political dogma. it doesn’t work like that, old boy.

i am more and more convinced that, in generations past, society would have simply and conveniently labelled you denegerate. you are feeble-minded. in the 1910s this label was succinct, charitable even. people would have known how to treat you, and even afforded you a little common couetesy and respect. instead, we are continually exposed to your regurgitated, often times contradictory, gobbets of opinion. we all have to suffer under your often self-satisfied attitude, like a retard building structures using his own faeces. you are an idiot, jay, full of sound and fury.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

New York is not the only 'main international destination in the world'. Why has it been so hard hit?

As Jay says, they do intermix with the heathens, having a huge pool of infection will inevitably impact the wider community.

Having any cohort which doesn't follow societal norms in relation to disease prevention is going to lead to problems, one of which is them being persecuted.

It was hard enough to stop the Catholics holding communion, it seems the jews are still not listening. Not watching much TV is not an excuse at this point.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

jay, the simple fact of the matter is that, if your thinking had any inner logic or coherency at all, you should be applauding the hasidim. they are the self-reliant libertarians par excellence: fiercely independent, caring little for the meddling government
Well not really, since most of them are unemployable and on benefits.

Even the Israelis are tired of them.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-05-17 06:32:09)

uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

jay, the simple fact of the matter is that, if your thinking had any inner logic or coherency at all, you should be applauding the hasidim. they are the self-reliant libertarians par excellence: fiercely independent, caring little for the meddling government
as are most internet libertarians. why do you think they’re so hateful and angry about everything?

it’s frankly fucking hilarious watching jay applaud militias and covid protestors on the one hand, and then censuring the religious for ‘ignoring guidance’. well what is it? fauci has said that easing lockdown is a bad idea in the current state of things. he has said it repeatedly, with only little moderation in the face of trump’s total discounting of the advice.

jay’s line of thinking has much more in common with the religious and their irrational certainties than it does any of the, variously, liberal, expert, conscientious, etc. to whom he deals out so much invective.

they have made decisions as a community that have endangered others.
LOL

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-17 06:37:40)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The 'religious' have ignored all guidance and lawful instruction at every stage - not something they have any kind of right to do in a civil democracy.
The militias and covid protestors do have a right to protest - in a civil democracy.

Is there some huge outbreak of COVID-19 in the militias we haven't heard about?
Who are really the anti-social arsholes here?

Meanwhile my state has had one confirmed case in the last month, no current active cases.

Yay.
uziq
+492|3444
jay’s first post in this thread: it’s all pointless, it’s spread too far, the scientists and liberals are wrong, we should just let this take its inevitable course.

now the hasidim deserve to be singled out for erring from the caution of the community. they’re just so fatalistic, you see.

the only things jay’s posting lacks is a ‘shalom’.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-17 06:43:26)

uziq
+492|3444
meanwhile dilbert is so determined to heap the lion’s share of the blame on the jews that he’s condoning armed militias storming capitol buildings, and siding with the republicans who went around coughing on people on purpose.

ideology truly is a wonderful drug. i’ll stick to cocaine.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

as are most internet libertarians. why do you think they’re so hateful and angry about everything?

it’s frankly fucking hilarious watching jay applaud militias and covid protestors on the one hand, and then censuring the religious for ‘ignoring guidance’. well what is it? fauci has said that easing lockdown is a bad idea in the current state of things. he has said it repeatedly, with only little moderation in the face of trump’s total discounting of the advice.

jay’s line of thinking has much more in common with the religious and their irrational certainties than it does any of the, variously, liberal, expert, conscientious, etc. to whom he deals out so much invective.

they have made decisions as a community that have endangered others.
LOL
You are the one that is pro-quarantine and yet you are carving out exceptions for certain people. Why?
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
i am absolutely pro-quarantine. i’m not making any exceptions for anyone. pointing out that the jew’s aren’t especially responsible is not at all a refutation of my approach? are you really slow? do you need armbands?

why aren’t you as angry at your fellow countrymen who have flouted scientific advice? why aren’t you angry at yourself, egads, man? no you really like raising the example of the hasidim for some reason.

my attitude is clear. i’m just not infected with blindspots and biases, you see. and aren’t you being a little emotional and clouded in your judgments? how odd.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-17 06:56:55)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i am absolutely pro-quarantine. i’m not making any exceptions for anyone. pointing out that the jew’s aren’t especially responsible is not at all a refutation of my approach? are you really slow? do you need armbands?

why aren’t you as angry at your fellow countrymen who have flouted scientific advice? why aren’t you angry at yourself, egads, man? no you really like raising the example of the hasidim for some reason.

my attitude is clear. i’m just not infected with blindspots and biases, you see. and aren’t you being a little emotional and clouded in your judgments? how odd.
I'm not angry at all uzi. The sun is shining, I have a fresh haircut, and the glyphosphate is drying on the weeds.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
yes, you’re just like benjy. thinking you’re making a point one minute, the next a whooshing breeze inside your hollow head, and a pacific smile broadens on your face as you look at the lawn. what were you saying again? nevermind. the sun is on my face, the grass is green, etc etc.

if i click my fingers at the end of every post, to keep your attention, will that help you to follow through one of your ‘points’ to their conclusion?

you have been making vocal criticisms of people following scientific advice for 140 pages. dismissing 'experts', la-la-la'ing at 'academics'. hectoring pro-quarantine people, repeatedly, with rhetoric of them being 'cowards'; saying people should 'take covid on the chin'; bemoaning liberals and their 'mental problems'; saying people like myself have 'daddy issues'. you have, at the very least, tacitly endorsed all the people going against that scientific advice, i.e. those breaking lockdown measures, those re-entering public spaces, those going shopping and getting their haircut, even those who gather at protests. 'you can't let the virus affect your life' / 'the numbers dying are low' / 'the politicians and liberals massively over-reacted, they're afraid to backtrack on their bad decision'. etc-etc.

then you turn and say 'the hasidim are making choices that purposefully endanger the community'. well what are all those lot above doing, then? the patriots and independent thinkers? what the fuck are you on about? you've had 4 months to come up with an at least coherent view on this pandemic, at this point. so you're anti-lockdown when it affects your movement, pro-lockdown when it lets you get off a shot at the hasidim? m a k e  s e n s e.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-17 08:28:22)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
The Hasidic community does have elevated infection rates but NYC's outbreak took its hardest toll on the housing projects. It spread through those pretty badly. And while that opens a whole new avenue of prejudice, it raises the question as to why America's other black and brown dense ghettos didn't get hit as hard.

The pandemic is still too young for the answer to that being anything but speculation. I am hesitant to blame specific demographics since outbreak clusters are all over the place. Iran, China, Italy, the U.S., Brazil, Russia.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3444
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … hout-masks

new york residents gathering outside bars without masks.

i await jay’s withering condemnation of their ‘endangering the community’.

oh wait didn’t jay just go shopping and get a haircut?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Good for them. They're pissing off de Blasio. Can't wait to see him overreact and be mocked for it... again.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
so good for the hasidim too, right? for also ignoring the best scientific guidance?

wow we might finally be getting somewhere.

or is going for a beer at a bar more important than going to your place of worship?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

so good for the hasidim too, right? for also ignoring the best scientific guidance?

wow we might finally be getting somewhere.

or is going for a beer at a bar more important than going to your place of worship?
You pick some funny battles. You're defending a politically powerful, yet universally reviled segment of the New York City population. No one likes them uzi. My Jewish friends despise them because they make other jews look bad. Our last race riot was caused by one of them running over a black teenager and trying to cover it up. What point are you even trying to make?
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard