Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

did you solidworks a patio?
The falls were really marginal, we couldn't match the pavers and didn't want to change them, I managed to relay the paving with almost no cutting and no stupid slivers, it was handy for working out the areas and volumes.
Also it wasn't exactly difficult or time consuming and a whole lot less trouble to work out the detail.

One of the things I hate most in life is dealing with other people's lazy fuckups, falls were all wrong, couldn't be fixed and the pavers laid on 2cm of sand on top of building waste mixed with mud, dealing with all that was about half the work.

Most of the reason it all had to be done was what little steel was in the concrete was all dumped loose in one end, the rest had nothing.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-04-12 18:58:32)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
No gravel base?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

No gravel base?
You'd think so but no, fucking wogs.
uziq
+492|3444
is that a vauxhall in your neighbours' driveway? christ australia really is a re-creation of britain in the racist 1980s.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

is that a vauxhall in your neighbours' driveway? christ australia really is a re-creation of britain in the racist 1980s.
VW Tiguan - do not buy, but yeah Australia is nice.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Jay wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

were you installing aircon on the bridge?
Nah, lighting. Was supposed to be this:

[Video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=0HNzHyE68ek[/url]

We got halfway done and Cuomo canceled us because of this article:
https://gothamist.com/news/why-is-cuomo … a-crumbles
Though I agree there's probably higher priority issues that needed to be addressed, some vestigial RGB nerd part of me is halfway sad that I can't see the finished product.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

were you installing aircon on the bridge?

Though I agree there's probably higher priority issues that needed to be addressed, some vestigial RGB nerd part of me is halfway sad that I can't see the finished product.
Me too. We ran miles of conduit on the bridges and bought the lights before the stop work order came.

Google the Kosciusko Bridge opening. We were installing the same lights.

They're RGBW btw

Last edited by Jay (2020-04-12 19:12:03)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
Kościuszko lived and stayed in a place about 2 minutes from mine in central bristol during the revolutionary era.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Bristol didn't have a revolutionary era.

The only thing Bristol is known for is serial killers cooking girls hands.
uziq
+492|3444
lol the american revolutionary era. the centre of bristol is mostly georgian.

is serial killers cooking girls hands.
there are no ends to banksy's talents.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-12 19:24:08)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why would Kosciuszko have gone to Bristol after the war? He fought for us. He ended up in Switzerland after the revolt led by Pulaski failed to undo the partition.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Me too. We ran miles of conduit on the bridges and bought the lights before the stop work order came.

They're RGBW btw
So is all the stuff that was installed still there, or did it get pulled.
uziq
+492|3444

Jay wrote:

Why would Kosciuszko have gone to Bristol after the war? He fought for us. He ended up in Switzerland after the revolt led by Pulaski failed to undo the partition.
he was in the american embassy/consulate here. there's a blue plaque and everything. i walk past it every day

http://discoveringbristol.org.uk/browse … consulate/

suffice to say, bristol was one of the major slave ports in all of europe at one point, and lots of americans were here. it's not like the revolutionary war was the end of all relations between the US and britain.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-12 19:34:30)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

They're RGBW btw
So is all the stuff that was installed still there, or did it get pulled.
From my project? AFAIK it's still there, and NY State is still paying storage fees on the lights. They should just finish it. Clock's ticking on the warranties.
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

he was in the american embassy/consulate here. there's a blue plaque and everything. i walk past it every day.

What are you up to in Bristol these days? In my mind you're firmly a Londoner.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If Cuomo ever runs for President I have a very good story to tell about shady backdoor payments, using state agency funds for pet projects etc...
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Didn't Trump use a charity to buy stuff for himself?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
prolly
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444

Pochsy wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

he was in the american embassy/consulate here. there's a blue plaque and everything. i walk past it every day.

i'm an editor and work in publishing. london, like new york, has the glitz appeal in publishing but it's too expensive to live there.

bristol is a much better city to live in than london. much better cultural and party scene, too, for the young folks. it's full of londoners, which is the main problem.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

Jay wrote:

If Cuomo ever runs for President I have a very good story to tell about shady backdoor payments, using state agency funds for pet projects etc...
Take a look at the bar set by Trump. Ask yourself what embezzlement means in America these days. You'd do best catching a laugh at the bar after the 5th pint.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

uziq wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

uziq wrote:

i'm an editor and work in publishing. london, like new york, has the glitz appeal in publishing but it's too expensive to live there.

bristol is a much better city to live in than london. much better cultural and party scene, too, for the young folks. it's full of londoners, which is the main problem.
Ah, I hear you. Toronto is much the same story. Unfortunately for me my career isn't really portable, otherwise I'd make a similar move.
uziq
+492|3444
bristol is like vancouver in vibe, i guess. it has a very 'west coast' thing going on. the city permanently smells of weed. music and arts are big here. as are people who vote green and have dreadlocks regardless of ethnicity. it's an incredibly laid back place, even if a few of the locals are missing teeth. rough around the edges. a bit naff. there's obviously rampant property prices and all that gentrification stuff now, too. but it has a charmingly scuzzy side. people, however, do not ever shut the fuck up about massive attack, or portishead, etc etc. still, it could be worse. it could be liverpool. i don't even like the beatles.

are you working in government? policy? quebecois separatist lobby groups?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
Hey, surprised you remember - yeah, government policy work. I just got put on the file related to punching people in the head. It's my job to make it safer so we can have bigger prize fights.

Used to do stuff on government relations. I'm proud to say the Quebec separatists didn't leave ONAN on my watch. Nor did we form ONAN for them to leave. Bang up job, I think. Boss didn't get it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Jay wrote:

Honestly it would be kind of disappointing if a New York politician didn't have a dark underbelly.
uziq
+492|3444
lmao references

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard