RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
One of my fifth grade teachers had to enter the room sideways. Also broke a couple chairs.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I am really excited about this new social media startup from 2008.
https://i.imgur.com/F4bkbbP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I reminisce for a spell, or shall i say think back
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am really excited about this new social media startup from 2008.
My windshield wipers have been on their way out in recent weather and I did legitimately think about trackr when I saw a streaky bit.
uziq
+492|3444
i think i posted about 10 times on trackr.

just think, chuy our own personal zuckerberg.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I think you have to be a secret lizardman to qualify as a Zuckerberg. Though Zuckerberg isn't very good at keeping that one a secret.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/tech/mar … index.html
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
This nerdy white kid asked me how do you become a teacher.  I asked what he wants to teach and he said "English in Japan". What a creep. He is not fooling anyone. He only wants to do one thing over there and it is disgusting.
uziq
+492|3444
lots of them are just weebs rather than sexual predators. japan specifically attracts a certain cult appeal.

interestingly almost every person i know who did teaching abroad for a while never espoused any special interest in asia, wasn't a drop-out of 'normal' life back home, and didn't have any sexual history or fetish for asian people. my best friend taught in south korea, two places in china, visited japan, wound up dating a girl in new zealand and moving to iceland for a year with her. sounds great. the entire asia thing wasn't some unique and special lure. most TEFL teachers seem pretty well-adjusted.

granted, there's the 40+ something dudes who do it for a decade and and can't give up the feeling of being the 'special', novelty foreigner. they probably like it because back home they ain't shit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

there is a whole subset of freshly graduated college students that take a year (or 2 or 10) off to go teach english abroad. I have a a few friends who have done this. One went to Colombia and is still there, having recently gotten married to a Venezuelan girl he met while down there.

The most popular destinations seem to be in Asia as uzi mentioned. Korea, Japan and China are up there.

My dad has been teaching at a University in Thailand for about 10 years now. It's not quite the same thing as fresh college grads looking for a year to find themselves and make a quick buck while visiting an exotic locale, but it still can attract creeps. The uni he teaches at is pretty proactive about sniffing out the pervy predators. He told me about a guy who was teaching there who had an unhealthy obsession with feet. He was launched pretty quickly after asking a few students to massage their feet or smell their socks some other weird, creepy thing.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
My dad has been teaching at a University in Thailand for about 10 years now. It's not quite the same thing as fresh college grads looking for a year to find themselves and make a quick buck while visiting an exotic locale, but it still can attract creeps. The uni he teaches at is pretty proactive about sniffing out the pervy predators.
You said your dad was married to a young Thai lady.
uziq
+492|3444
a friend (different from one above) who did several years in korea before settling down into a career in comms (working for the london mayor's office) recommended that i try to find a university job out there, if i were to go. apparently with a master's/ABD you can get a decent teaching post at an asian university. still think i'd rather go after a PhD. does seem hella fun, though. so long as you're well-adjusted it seems like a blast.

i mean, grads from english-speaking countries have kind of won the lottery in having this industry and constant demand to work abroad.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-17 13:18:17)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

My dad has been teaching at a University in Thailand for about 10 years now. It's not quite the same thing as fresh college grads looking for a year to find themselves and make a quick buck while visiting an exotic locale, but it still can attract creeps. The uni he teaches at is pretty proactive about sniffing out the pervy predators.
You said your dad was married to a young Thai lady.
he had an under 30 thai gf when he first moved there. Now he has a pinay wife that's i think 38? She also teaches at the university. She speaks 5 languages. She has more degrees than my dad. I think a guy marrying someone 30 years their junior is weird, but it's not even close to the same thing as some weaboo moving to japan to teach english and find a waifu or engage in sex tourism.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I think your dad went just as native. And I doubt it wasn't on his mind in the first place.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think your dad went just as native. And I doubt it wasn't on his mind in the first place.
what exactly is the problem with 'going native' if you live and work someplace for years? there are respectful and basically human ways to do such a thing. would you rather everyone stayed in expat communities, cultivating distaste for the country they live in, incubating little colonies? actually don't answer that: aren't you mixed race?

two people of similar age working in the same career fall in love in absolute shocker. of course you'd find reason to be cynical about that. taking your mentally retarded subordinates into supply cupboards to molest them is more your vibe, isn't it?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I never said there was anything wrong with going native. For a guy that's fine. For a woman? Absolutely not of course. I used to think that any white woman who dated outside her race was either mentally ill or trashy. But now I see all of these young white girls dating black boys and it hurts my heart. The media told these girls this was okay and set them up for a lifetime of problems.

Also my dad is white not my mom. That's the okay configuration.
uziq
+492|3444
very convenient.

are you the shade of elliot rodgers?

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-18 01:18:10)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Also basketball. That's not a sport a proper white woman should be interested in. Of the four major sports hockey, football, basketball, and baseball, basketball is the only one that has this issue. It is a major red flag for any white woman to be into basketball.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

uziq wrote:

very convenient.

are you the shade of elliot rodgers?
I get laid more than Elliot Rodgers. This weekend I am probably going to hookup with this one white girl I know. MLK day is Monday and I have off and that is funny to me.

I know you are probably wondering how I can go do something like that while holding the above-mentioned views. It's simple. All of views stop being relevant the first moment I can benefit from breaking them.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Also basketball. That's not a sport a proper white woman should be interested in. Of the four major sports hockey, football, basketball, and baseball, basketball is the only one that has this issue. It is a major red flag for any white woman to be into basketball.
the ‘four major sports’?!  lmao in about 3 nations in the world, one of which you nuked into accepting it, maybe.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Most spectator sports are shit, American sports doubly so.
American team sports are unusual in that they mostly consist of a lot of standing around with the occasional brief burst of energy, so fat people with big muscles seem to thrive. Not really healthy or engaging.

I can see the point of rugby, and I have to sit through cricket with my sister (thank god for the chips and beer).
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
tennis is a good spectator sport. individual sports trump team sports, for me. more pressure, more competitive, more of a psychological test. plus they don't inspire boorish tribalism from people whose glory-days are long gone and rooted in small success as a high-school quarterback who 'could have made the big time' etc etc.

how odd that you complain about a lot of standing around and then talk about cricket. a game so boring it takes a week to resolve. and rugby is about as slow and attritional as the trench warfare it was designed to prepare young schoolboys for.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Rugby is a true team effort, I didn't say I liked cricket. Tennis used to be OK, its just a business.

Having done a tiny bit of fencing its a little interesting to watch, same for skiing.

Enjoy:

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
every professional sport is just a business, it's sort of in the name. if rugby had an opportunity for the viewership/audience of football, it wouldn't be any different in terms of culture, as much as tedious rugby fan bores have fostered the 'we're better than them' mentality (the actions of the governing body to change the game to make it more spectator-friendly suggest they'd love the viewing figures, of course).

i don't watch any sports, though the high drama of a tennis grand slam is always good.

i think we can at least all agree that golf is barely a sport and an even drabber affair on television.

shooting is so little of a sport that it couldn't even make it into the commonwealth games properly this time around. who can possibly be interested? isn't it happening in india or something, a literal side-show? a side-show to a side-show of the olympics -- wow. shooting is on the same order as darts, for me, an idle pursuit bereft of all athleticism. i could maybe get behind it if it took place in darkened conference centres with rooms full of people sat around drinking 12 pints of lager.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-18 06:33:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Target shooting looks like the most weirdo sport of all. A bunch of creepy dudes silently sending bullets down range. You know at least a few of them wish the targets were people.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
Just stopped by to see if this site was still active. Amazed to see the same users going at it after all these years. I hadn't thought the community was all that tight knit when I was active.

Wish you all well.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard