KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Do you often have fluff conversations about the impending climate apocalypse? I was chatting with a lady teacher the other day and brought up the trial and she instantly started talking about her thoughts and how she followed the events etc. Do you think it would have been better to talk to her about how we are all going to die from the climate apocalypses?
https://external-preview.redd.it/CcQAAfdLWrTgJmSnEan79O7MhjOijMAcmauav2FRr4c.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=d63b817dfcf1d4019fe0aa1901d9aed8a9d5ef46
I have zero desire to talk to anyone about amber heard or Johnny Depp. It would have been better to talk about virtually anything else, yes.

We (as in us, the people on the forum) are unlikely to die from anthropogenic global warming. It's the next few generations that will bear the consequences. Don't be so grim!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Sounds like a problem people in the future need to worry about. The abuse men like me have had to deal with is a now issue.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Managed to no absorb any information whatever about the Depp-Heard case, honestly don't care if people call each other names.

Protip - Don't say something in public you can't prove.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Did someone say something in public they couldn't prove? I thought you didn't absorb any info about the case.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Erm didn't Amber Heard defame Depp in an op-ed?

I think thats what I picked up.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Ask Mac. He follows that stuff, er, religiously. It's the extent of pulp culture.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The key point I think is the jury decided Amber Heard couldn't prove what she said.
uziq
+492|3452
honestly don't care if people call each other names.
lmao quite a turnaround after years of bleating and whining like a wounded little lamb.
uziq
+492|3452

Dilbert_X wrote:

The key point I think is the jury decided Amber Heard couldn't prove what she said.
no, the key point is that they found she had made statements with malicious intent to defame and harm him. that’s what a defamation trial is, dilbert.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But if she could have proved they were true she wouldn't have lost no?
uziq
+492|3452
i don't know the specifics of who did what to whom, but it sounds altogether like they were a toxic couple and were both shitty and abusive to one another. the court case wasn't about deciding guilt in spousal/partner abuse. it was about the intentions and insinuations of her potentially libellous statements. when she decided to air their dirty laundry in a very public, if slightly vague and anonymised, way, then she strayed into defamatory behaviour.

at the start of the case she was claiming she didn't write the op-ed, or didn't write it meaning to implicate depp or to accuse him of domestic abuse, etc. by the end of the trial it was patently obvious that she did write the article and she was very much meaning to imply depp was the subject – to the point where she technically perjured herself based on previous statements (albeit in other courts/jurisdictions). result: guilty of defamation.

seeing so many men think this is some trial on male–female relations, cheering on their awesome favourite rockstar pirate badass 'hell yea, dude!' icon or whatever, is pretty gross.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-02 07:15:18)

Larssen
+99|1887
I really couldn't give less of a fuck but it's front page news literally everywhere. What strikes me is that so many people have trouble just pointing out that both of them are pieces of shit and it ends up becoming a men vs women battle. I also saw multiple guardian opinion pieces that didn't waste a second to call this 'a toxic catastrophe for women' and how it sets back victims of sexual assault everywhere in reporting sexual crimes. On the other hand there's the incel community falling over eachother creating social media memes to 'expose amber heard' as a lying bitch (like most women), and hating her seems to have become an acceptable international sport.

Depp and Heard are both obviously very questionable and apparently terrible people who beyond maintaining an abusive, toxic relationship made their less than amicable split centre stage for the whole world to ogle. It'll be one for the hollywood history books I guess.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
From what I can see Depp is an idiot and a piece of shit, I know literally nothing about Amber Heard, beyond that I don't care.

When are courts going to say "find somewhere else to air this"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
They both do suck but I would still fall into Amber Heard trap if it was available.
uziq
+492|3452
it was a civil lawsuit. that applies to almost every aspect of civil law. divorce courts? who actually gives a shit?

libel and defamation laws are very archaic, agree. depp chose virginia purposefully for their open court/televised aspect. another weird archaism of the american court system.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

DesertFox- wrote:

Iliza has been around for years. You should check out Taylor Tomlinson.
I saw her 2022 special. I will watch the other one later. Good stuff.

I have watched several Netflix comedy specials so I put in my dating profile "stand up comedy" as an interest.

Women can be funny by the way
https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2007 … hens200701
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Watched the Netflix Comedy special where Bill Burr introduced a bunch of comics. The show was a disaster.

It was a bomb. Everyone but Jimmy Carr did bad. 
https://i.imgur.com/066D8Ru.png

The lady comics were especially bad.
uziq
+492|3452
i used to enjoy bill burr quite a lot but he’s just been overexposed these days. he is everywhere.

netflix has also bankrolled way too many comedy specials. they’re trying to recreate the organic comedy booms of yesteryear by just throwing endless money at it. the world doesn’t need 4 new comedy specials a week. these things are better when they have a sense of occasion and when comics have been working the routines on the road for an extended period.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
I think Netflix's comedy library is the only thing it has going for it now.  Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle could probably indeed be put on the back burner for awhile. HBO did a good job of having great comedy specials without overproducing them.

Did you see the Norm MacDonald last special they released a week ago?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I can't wait (/s) to find out what next beloved book or series of mine gets destroyed as a streaming service production. At this point I don't even want to hear about it.
uziq
+492|3452

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think Netflix's comedy library is the only thing it has going for it now.  Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle could probably indeed be put on the back burner for awhile. HBO did a good job of having great comedy specials without overproducing them.

Did you see the Norm MacDonald last special they released a week ago?
i did not, as i’ve been so busy. but thanks for reminding me.
uziq
+492|3452
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Thinks he's Tony Stark, is actually turning into Mr. Burns.
uziq
+492|3452
“ So the guy who flirted with buying twitter to 'defend free speech' just fired a bunch of his spaceship employees for speaking out to criticize his behavior and failing leadership? Got it.”

genius.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Point on the doll to where the nerd touched you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard