Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX

Larssen wrote:

I got it a few weeks ago, either from work or because I stood in a bar for 20 mins that week, and I've been vaxed 3 times as well.
Probably got it from your disappointing haircut.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
One of my coworkers had his wife cut his hair for him. They just had their 2nd kid and the wife is on maternity leave. So they saved money by having the wife do it.

Very lucky of him. Finding love, happiness, and free haircuts. Why don't any of you have kids yet? Why are you cowards?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America
My being a coward is completely independent of my desire to not have children, thank you very much.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

why don't you, macbeth, blah blah blah.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

relevant:

https://i.imgur.com/WvtfO2w.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
It is just deplorable that you guys make fun of Dilbert for going through a rough patch meanwhile you guys don't live your lives for anything greater than yourself.

Man up and start a family.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

A lot of stuff against Dilbert seems to come up as a counterpoint. Says Uzique (living in a foreign country I'm guessing being far out of Dilbert's comfort zone) is a "coward" for not wanting to get a haircut at the peak of a covid wave, meanwhile Dilbert (well within the means to do otherwise) is still living at home, comfortably sniping against immigrants and others who generally have less. Living in country known for its massive production of red meat per capita. Coal still a significant part of power output (America could do better as well). Sits on a high horse telling Asian countries they consume too much meat, or burn too much coal. Won't eat meat, wears leather(?). Makes fun of someone for foreign glasses or shoes, thinks nothing of ordering other stuff from international sellers. Selective, spotty empathies.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-03-27 14:51:30)

uziq
+492|3456
dilbert gives as good as he gets. he's just one of the worst cases of 'glass house syndrome' i have ever seen. guy has 101 excuses for himself and his cognitive blindspots but will gladly try to point out the flaws or 'cowardice' in someone else's position.

i feel supremely confident that there's little, if anything, that a middle-aged live-at-home drip like him can counsel me on. i think it's one of the great tragedies of his life that people like me can take drugs, party, enjoy ourselves, etc, and not face some sort of moral reckoning or comeuppance. i'm just ... enjoying my life. i know that kills him.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Meanwhile macbeth here telling us all to have kids while he complains about having to teach everyone's mini-me ingrates.
uziq
+492|3456
we're the same age, aren't we? he doesn't have kids either. i'm exploring a new culture and making new memories that will last a lifetime. he's playing through his 213th campaign on some 'conquer the world' incel strategy game. so, uh, good jibe i guess. why am i not living my life ?!?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
You guys are being selfish. Jay started a family and even owns a home. He rose above poverty and the struggles of PTSD to start and family. You guys have literally no excuse why you don't also own a home and have a family at your age.
uziq
+492|3456
coming from someone who only moved out of their parents split-level, this sounds a lot like you've had a damascene moment.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
I just haven't found the right girl yet.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Trolly approach, mac. There are any number of reasons why someone may not want (or ever be able to afford) a house. Same with children, with the added hurdle of a biological RNG. Why is "I haven't found the right person" a good enough excuse for you but not anybody else? Are you even looking? Buzz off with that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

A lot of stuff against Dilbert seems to come up as a counterpoint. Says Uzique (living in a foreign country I'm guessing being far out of Dilbert's comfort zone) is a "coward" for not wanting to get a haircut at the peak of a covid wave, meanwhile Dilbert (well within the means to do otherwise) is still living at home, comfortably sniping against immigrants and others who generally have less. Living in country known for its massive production of red meat per capita. Coal still a significant part of power output (America could do better as well). Sits on a high horse telling Asian countries they consume too much meat, or burn too much coal. Won't eat meat, wears leather(?). Makes fun of someone for foreign glasses or shoes, thinks nothing of ordering other stuff from international sellers. Selective, spotty empathies.
Well the thing is, we've had two years of lockdowns are "stupid", travel restrictions are "pointless" vaccines "> all", uziq has travelled to a polluted coal-guzzling country, learned a new and annoying language, hooked up with a chick the locals think is a hooker, but a haircut is "a bridge too far".

As the person here who is without sin I think I can be the one to throw the first stone.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Meanwhile in China

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/d891d16d1f9da80bc0ee251286659c5c17cb1d76/0_0_6048_3628/master/6048.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=72c26dda2bf0ed6ac168b3398259087b

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ … ases-surge

Apparently sensible medieval precautions are the solution.

Once again I suspect the Chinese know a lot we don't which is why they're pursuing this strategy.
uziq
+492|3456
they have vacillated on this strategy in this week. first they said they weren't; now they are.

you'd be stupid to think their approach is because of the 'sensibleness' of medieval precautions. i mean, really. self-defeating term, isn't it? the 'wisdom' of plague treatments from an era before germ theory of disease, when people thought they were being struck by god's wrath. yeah ... no.

their botched and opaque response is entirely because of politics and nothing to do with 'knowing a thing the world doesn't' about epidemiology. rofl. you do make me fucking laugh. you've spent half this pandemic telling us that their cases/deaths figures are a huge con; now they're paragons of world-beating strategy. ok dilbert. enjoy tying yourself in knots over there.

'know something we don't' -- yeah, that their non-mRNA vaccines don't work at all and that their top-heavy elderly population are still massively at risk. not that 'medieval solutions' apparently are the panacea. LMAO.

Last edited by uziq (2022-03-28 01:37:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

It's hard to get around the irony of a native English speaker calling a non-English language "annoying" as if English doesn't have so many little exceptions, international variations, and a custom style guide for at least each major corporation/organization.

Not that I'm going to migrate to Esperanto or something because of any of that.
uziq
+492|3456
remember when dilbert kept going on and on about how china bio-engineered this thing and unleashed it on the world 'on purpose'. how they had already reverse-engineered it and had a silver-bullet vaccine, which explained their recalcitrance over facts and their untrustworthy data.

fast forward 2 years and apparently they intentionally released a lethal pathogen on the world so that they could lockdown all their major cities ad infinitum. because 'china are smart and know the best way to deal with this thing'.

you just can't make it up.

Last edited by uziq (2022-03-28 02:01:13)

uziq
+492|3456

Dilbert_X wrote:

hooked up with a chick the locals think is a hooker
don't make me will smith you, sucka.

the point was that, to a certain generation, ALL women who smoke, have tattoos, etc, are 'fallen' women or hookers. the point was that certain parts of the society are insanely traditional, not that my gf looks cheap or easy. she is way, way out of your league.

Dilbert_X wrote:

but a haircut is "a bridge too far".
i've always advocated for people taking reasonable precautions in their own case, rather than blanket travel bans (which have evidently achieved their aims in approx. 0 countries on earth). seeing as i've lived in both a plague-stricken UK and now an inundated SK for the duration of the pandemic, and whilst still going about my life and having my quotient of fun and engaging company, i guess we can say that my 'no haircuts during an omicron peak' strategy is highly effective. unlike, say, everything you have ever advocated for. boosh!

Last edited by uziq (2022-03-28 02:08:27)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
Will Smith slapping Chris Rock is deplorable I guess. But it is certainly the most interesting thing to happen at the Oscars in a generation. Will Smith saved the academy awards.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

I'm not entirely convinced the whole thing wasn't staged.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
There are videos of Will Smith crying in the seating area. They had to blank out his cursing across the room too. Not staged.

But unironically a great moment in Oscar history considering he also won best actor a little afterward. Chris Rock comes out looking like a stud in the whole thing. Eats the slap, and keeps the show going.

The people talking about the sanctity of the Academy awards are dopes. The people who own the broadcast are secretly very happy. The ratings for the show have been on a decades long nosedive. Now Chris Rock will host again next year and his opening monologue will be the most watched in Oscar history. The slap will be a topic in the Netflix special. I am not even sure this is bad for Will Smith since it definitely brought attention to his movie.

10/10, a great moment in television.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Both of those people are actors. Will Smith crying about it doesn't convince me of spontaneity. The cynical part of me is entirely open to it being staged at least between the two of them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

re: korean is annoying

There's a whole family of hilarious videos on what English sounds like to foreign ears.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard