uziq
+492|3445
most mouthwash markets itself as something to use after brushing, which is a terrible idea as you're just rinsing away the fluoride and good stuff from the toothpaste. i actually mouthwash 10 minutes before i brush if i'm doing it as part of my routine.

also don't use mouthwash before bed. most are alcohol-based and will dry your mouth out. a dry mouth will contribute to tooth decay a lot more than mouthwash will protect against it. i generally just keep a small bottle of mouthwash in my desk drawer at work and rinse with it if i've just had a bunch of black coffee or office cake or whatever.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

i keep some in my car and at work.  Also at home.  Usually just a quick rinse before i make out with chicks or am going to a meeting and don't want to be smacking gum.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
If you keep it at work, do you spit it out into a trash can or is a sink readily accessible for you?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Ken swallows.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3445

DesertFox- wrote:

If you keep it at work, do you spit it out into a trash can or is a sink readily accessible for you?
i go to the toilet and do it during a piss break, or when i freshen up after lunch.

do you people eat lunch at work and sit in the office all afternoon with shitty breath and grease all over your face? jesus.
DesertFox-
I eat at my desk generally because I don't want to change out of scrubs to leave the site and try to be back in time (though on a shutdown, I have gone out for lunch). I generally have some variety of sandwich that doesn't have a strong odor or is terribly greasy. I honestly would never even thought about it if not for having just today been face to face with a dude who had some gnarly breath as I was talking to him. After this topic, I'm going to be crazily self-conscious.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England
I keep a toothbrush, toothpaste and a stick of deodorant in my desk. Brush after lunch you heathens.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pocshy2.0
+23|3364
I don't have to keep these things at my desk because I walk home for lunch and can freshen up before the afternoon.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

i have a stick of deod and a disposable razor in my car too.  I have a travel toothbrush at work.  Also flushable baby wipes in my car too.  They are preperation H w/ aloe vera.  I suggest everyone without access to a bidet make the move from TP to wipes.  So much better.

DF: you can always just get some gum.  My go to is trident, watermelon flavor.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England
Destroys plumbing systems
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

FLUSHABLE!!!!!

no seriously though, these are biodegradable, not normal "flushies".
DesertFox-

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i have a stick of deod and a disposable razor in my car too.  I have a travel toothbrush at work.  Also flushable baby wipes in my car too.  They are preperation H w/ aloe vera.  I suggest everyone without access to a bidet make the move from TP to wipes.  So much better.

DF: you can always just get some gum.  My go to is trident, watermelon flavor.
I have developed an unnatural hatred for gum in recent years. At work, in a controlled, drug-manufacturing environment, gum is not allowed. However, that doesn't stop the smokers and other gum enthusiasts from walking in every day chewing the shit like cattle. It annoys the fuck out of me that I can tell people to get rid of that shit only to see them chewing it again later in the day. They know it's not allowed, too, but don't give a fuck.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I don't wear deodorant ever.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dental hygiene is important for Americans who don't want to sell a kidney or fly to South America for implants. But I think people go overboard on in. Among other jarring things in life are smiles that look as stark as a porcelain toilet.

If you're worried about your teeth at work, drink water after coffee/tea and eat something that won't kill your teeth for lunch. Apples are pretty good for that. Also tasty and filling. Follow a normal routine and go for a checkup a couple times a year to make sure it's not slipping.

e: Even in self-proclaimed dental gum, flavorings, preservatives and other acidic ingredients generally contribute to the gradual erosion of your enamel. You'd be better off brushing your teeth after a stick than using one to freshen up.
uziq
+492|3445

Superior Mind wrote:

I don't wear deodorant ever.
in university during my first-year when i was in undergrad halls, another guy on my bloc was a vegan straight-edge kid (this was sort of just before veganism became a normie-mainstream thing to do and was still sort of associated mostly with 'alternative' lifestyles). well, one of the things he was against was deodorant. i thought it was pretty cool when i first met him that he was so committed to a lifestyle. problem was, as i soon discovered, the guy stunk. the whole corridor started to stink. he wore these metal/straight-edge style vests and his armpits were out all day long. soon the communal kitchen area stunk. the communal baths stunk.

i wear deodorant and i keep an anti-perspirant roll-on stick at work.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Ok, but I don't stink. No one has ever complained to me about body odor nor have I ever felt like my body odor was offensive except maybe after a shift in a 100F degree kitchen. My sweat is only noticeably odorous if I've eaten some curry or something like that or had too much to drink. Im not a vegan but i nearly am. Animal products compose about 2% of my overall diet. Because that's what makes me feel good

But my diet isn't the only reason for my lack of stink. I gently scrub my skin with a hot damp towel everyday or as often as I can before a shower. This helps facilitate the discharge of toxins and grime in the pores. Pretty simple but it really works. I almost never get acne.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-02-25 09:57:34)

uziq
+492|3445
i can smell you from here
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I'll be in London in a few weeks. How about I come cook dinner for us?
uziq
+492|3445
i would love that. i'll wear your favourite underwear.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I like organic cotton.

I'll hit you up when I'm in England.
uziq
+492|3445
pm me and i'll give you my WhatsApp and nudes.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I wonder how long the 'Low Oil' message has been flashing in my parents car.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39108060
The FBI is investigating whether the shooting constitutes a hate crime.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
At least he took down some Iranians.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard