SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Ticket master is an awful company. There is nothing like getting to checkout and finding a surprise $16 service fee per ticket.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
America (and Canada) is an awful country. Nothing like getting to the checkout and finding out my $10 wont cover the cost of my $9 meal.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

yeah i know it's really hard to understand tax isn't added into the meal. What an awful concept.  Everybody should just do it like australia and europe does it so DrunkFace doesn't have to think as much
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
It would help them out alot, as they seem to have a mental math disability.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

yeah i know it's really hard to understand tax isn't added into the meal. What an awful concept.  Everybody should just do it like australia and europe does it so DrunkFace doesn't have to think as much
or ya know, add all the taxes and fees into the price displayed.

simple.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
I wouldn't have been mad about taxes on the tickets. I don't mind taxes. It was just shitty to surprise someone with such a big fee when you put your credit card info in.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

yeah i know it's really hard to understand tax isn't added into the meal. What an awful concept.  Everybody should just do it like australia and Europe the whole of the rest of the world does it so DrunkFace doesn't have to think as much
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hahaha, my example is no different to Mcbeths but because its America fucking you in the arse and not some company you think its great and feel the need to defend being fucked.

Definition of blinded by patriotism.

There is a better way of doing things, the rest of the world has worked this out. Time for North America to catch up (and I don't just mean pricing format).

It's also got nothing to do with not thinking, especially when they don't even advertise there is extra tax let alone what that tax rate is. Anyway I have more important things to think about like why the fuck I need to prepay for fuel and then try to guesitmate how much I need and how much it will cost, without going over, price is right style. The system is absurd and the fact you defend it, while ignoring another identical example is even more absurd.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hahaha, my example is no different to Mcbeths but because its America fucking you in the arse and not some company you think its great and feel the need to defend being fucked.

There is a better way of doing things, the rest of the world has worked this out. Time for North America to catch up (and I don't just mean pricing format).

It's also got nothing to do with not thinking, especially when they don't even advertise there is extra tax let alone what that tax rate is. Anyway I have more important things to think about like why the fuck I need to prepay for fuel and then try to guesitmate how much I need and how much it will cost, without going over, price is right style. The system is absurd and the fact you defend it, while ignoring another identical example is even more absurd.
You're descended from murderers and rapists. Go fuck a sheep.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its retarded, just like your constitution, which even Trump finds annoying and retarded, which is poetic since he's annoying and retarded.

Tell us again how you voted for Trump.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Jay wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You live in the country with 25% of the worlds prisoners and 5 times the homicide rate of an average OECD country. Maybe you should stop drinking the lead water and wake up to the shithole America is becoming.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

DrunkFace wrote:

Jay wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

You live in the country with 25% of the worlds prisoners and 5 times the homicide rate of an average OECD country. Maybe you should stop drinking the lead water and wake up to the shithole America is becoming.
You probably were some foreign asshole that didn't tip the waitresses/waiters. Also your country's shit is overpriced compared to ours America is fine, and while it is becoming a shithole it isn't in the way you believe it to be so go fuck yourself.

Cybargs wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

simple.
Leaving out the concept of tipping in the States for abit. You do realize that each state has their own sales tax and that some restaurant chains are in different states right? Having to create different menus to account for each state's sales tax would be unnecessarily pricy and impractical.

Last edited by War Man (2017-05-06 10:52:34)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, I'm sure every chain prints its menus centrally and delivers them to all the restaurants.

Is it the same price for everything across America? Most communist countries don't even have that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, that's a dumb argument. I think the real reason is because our sales taxes tend to be fractions of a percent. In New York it's 9.875%. So how would you incorporate that into a price when the amount collected varies based on the size of your purchase and rounding.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
With a calculator?

Once again Australia proves its superiority - with a 10% GST.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Cybargs wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

simple.
we have too many jurisdictions with varying tax rates getting a piece, and the tax rates for each jurisdiction change too frequently to do it that way.  I wouldn't expect you guys to know this when you critique it, but it's really not that hard to understand you will need to add an extra 5-10% on top of your purchase.  The math isn't that tough.  The criticism about sales tax vs. VAT is such a stupid, pointless argument that to bring it up comes across as curmudgeonly.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha yeah, totally blinded by PATRIOTISM in DEFENDING the tax rate.  It is what it is - there's nothing for me to defend.  It's not that hard to do the mental math.  I grew up in this system so it's obviously very easy for me to deal with it and adjust to other places without bitching about *GASP* having to add up tax in a foreign country!

Tax on fuel is already included in the cost of fuel - there's nothing for you to guesstimate.  Try again.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

simple.
we have too many jurisdictions with varying tax rates getting a piece, and the tax rates for each jurisdiction change too frequently to do it that way.  I wouldn't expect you guys to know this when you critique it, but it's really not that hard to understand you will need to add an extra 5-10% on top of your purchase.  The math isn't that tough.  The criticism about sales tax vs. VAT is such a stupid, pointless argument that to bring it up comes across as curmudgeonly.
yes we know that. We used to have similar system till we got rid of it with an across the board sales tax that is the same for every state.

We don't have VAT, we have a sales tax as well.

Or as drunkface says, at least put the total % of tax on somewhere. Japan doesn't have tax added to price but at least they tell you "oh it's 8% more."

This isn't just for foreign visitors, but interstate and intercity visitors too mang.

State + local taxes are the dumbest thing. Sort that shit out like we did. You're not the only country with a federal government m80.

Dilbert: uhhh most chains that operate within the same country has a flat price rate for its products. Maccas in Sydney doesn't cost anymore than maccas in adelaide.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Basically what you're saying is that you are less intelligent than the average American and unable to do simple math or learn the customs. Got it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I grew up in this system so it's obviously very easy for me to deal with it and adjust to other places without bitching about *GASP* having to add up tax in a foreign country!

Tax on fuel is already included in the cost of fuel - there's nothing for you to guesstimate.  Try again.
If it can be done for fuel why not everything else?

Jay wrote:

Basically what you're saying is that you are less intelligent than the average American and unable to do simple math or learn the customs. Got it.
Its not difficult, its just retarded and inefficient. Why calculate tax millions of times at the point of sale when it could be done once?

If your govt is constantly meddling with sales tax then it shows they too are retarded.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
You guys are going to be even more annoyed when you see everything cost X.99 instead of a rounded number.

T.V. for sale? $399.99
Xbox? $299.99
Novel? $11.99
https://i.imgur.com/v4iX7Md.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jay wrote:

I like how the engineer here is supporting a less efficient way of doing things but you do you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It would also probably blow your mind that there's no sales tax on unprepared food, or clothing purchases less than $100.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
There's also no sales tax if the seller has no physical presence in the state they are selling in.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

It would also probably blow your mind that there's no sales tax on unprepared food, or clothing purchases less than $100.
Can you imagine a world in which different items attract different taxes?
Clothes?
Food?
Restaurant meals?
Children's toys?
Luxury goods?
Domestic and industrial fuel?

It may sound incredible but it does exist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard