unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Everything about that ad feels cringe and dated. First of, "it's time to fight back," it's time to stop rolling out that line. It makes it look like you haven't been "fighting back" in all your decades of won elections and held offices/positions. Why should Republicans vote for that?

That piano, ffs they might as well show him tearfully looking out the window at rainy weather in between cutting to scenes of drag queens.

Doubling down on the shameful Republican display in front of Judge Jackson, also very bleh. They should be divorcing themselves from that. Let's reexamine right wing feedback:

ijr take:
Scientists Claim There Is Not a 'Simple' Answer to Define 'Woman'
https://ijr.com/usa-today-claims-not-si … ine-woman/

Comment:
Papawpaul Hay
Mar 27
WHAT scientist? Names please!!! Lying libs quote imaginary sources. Imaginary playmates, imaginary sexes, imaginary brains.
Article:
Rebecca Jordan-Young, a scientist and gender studies scholar at Barnard College
Oof.

federalist take:
Judge Nominated To Supreme Court On The Basis Of Her Sex Can’t Define ‘Woman’
https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/23/ju … ine-woman/

'Nominated on the basis,' hard yikes.

Both far-right sources. How does one seem so level-headed and the other is all like "nominated on the basis of being unable to define "woman" lol it's in the dictionary haw haw."
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
i wouldnt call the federalist far right but in legal cirlces theyre basically much there to protect corporate interests. everyone talks about how the supreme court will rule on social issues but no one looks at the record on corporate cases (hint its almost unanimous or 8-1,7-2).
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The Federalist is a hyper-partisan fake news tap for American conservatives and libertarians. Deals out a lot of climate change misinformation, covid misinformation, election fraud misinformation. Has a tag for "black crime" (hurr hurr hurr). One of its editors fell from grace having worked for AP, then Federalist, and now squats at National Review (partial redemption imo). Another was one of those people who was a harsh critic of Trump at first, but then reformed into a staunch, vocal supporter. Zero conviction of course, like so many "born-again" Trump Republicans.

(How has the party fallen so far that people like Mitt Romney and neocon Liz Cheney are now "voices of reason.")

The Federalist is better than Infowars but that's not really saying a lot.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-04-20 09:59:45)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Federalist is a hyper-partisan fake news tap for American conservatives and libertarians. Deals out a lot of climate change misinformation, covid misinformation, election fraud misinformation. Has a tag for "black crime" (hurr hurr hurr). One of its editors fell from grace having worked for AP, then Federalist, and now squats at National Review (partial redemption imo). Another was one of those people who was a harsh critic of Trump at first, but then reformed into a staunch, vocal supporter. Zero conviction of course, like so many "born-again" Trump Republicans.

(How has the party fallen so far that people like Mitt Romney and neocon Liz Cheney are now "voices of reason.")

The Federalist is better than Infowars but that's not really saying a lot.
jesus chrsit i just realised i was thinking of the federalist society which is the legal nerdism one.

but yes i agree re republicans, their party has no ideals anymore. they literally stand for nothing anymore except to "own the libs" and "trump" whatever that means. when your entire party platform is on culture wars it's basically just the CCP with different colours.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
I mean, the Federalist Society is only slightly less unhinged.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I'd also caution people to not overrely on media bias charts and ratings sites and feel out the tone of the "high facts, high neutrality" cluster before their opinion crystalizes that a source here is definitely, always this way. PNW's 97.3 KIRO for example gets a very positive neutrality and truth rating for their news I suppose, but then runs segments in conservative talk radio format. Pirana's probably heard, or heard of this guy, Dori Monson. Became a born again right-winger after 9/11. Older guys who listen to him say that because he supported Bill Clinton and voted for Gore (and KIRO iS LiBeRaL!) that he's a liberal source to balance out their views and sources ("he's a pretty liberal guy, you know, and even he said 'blah blah blah'"). Meanwhile,

On October 8, 2020, Monson posted a tweet during the 2020 Washington State gubernatorial debate mocking governor Jay Inslee's inconsistency in relying on science for restrictive COVID-19 policies but allowing Washingtonians to change their sex designation on birth certificates without also requiring scientific proof. As a result, he was suspended from his job at KIRO and also suspended indefinitely by the Seahawks and Bonneville Seattle from hosting the Seahawks' pregame and postgame radio shows.[9] He was reinstated to his show at Bonneville KIRO 97.3 on October 26, 2020.[10]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ej0bIc5UcAAtDzR?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/QtRHJAdZPMCPdT2svNjVMZFIoSM=/0x0:1536x2048/920x613/filters:focal(560x331:804x575):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/67610543/Dori_Monson.0.jpeg

I hate to cast judgment on a guy for his looks, but he seems to be very clearly making a tough guy face here.

Looking less grumpy (it was supposed to be "stern" probably, but doesn't come across to me) here, with the bottom of his shoe planted on a bench (from KIRO's website):

https://mynorthwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Dori1400.jpg

"Style: Topical talk/comedy show"

Of course, the "it's just comedy bro" defense.

I bring all this guy up because I was driving a truck the other day where this station was left on and it was mocking(?) stuff like COVID hazard pay, masks, and pandemic hesitancy to incarcerate ("they're just gonna steal more cars if we don't start imprisoning people!"), amidst other sources' concerns about the high number of incarcerated, ex:

OPINION: KING COUNTY MUST REDUCE JAIL POPULATION IMMEDIATELY (jan 24 '22)
https://southseattleemerald.com/2022/01 … mediately/

On Jan. 6, a person who had already been jailed for more than two weeks on suspicion of possessing a stolen vehicle waited in a King County Correctional Facility (KCCF) cell for an arraignment hearing in Superior Court. Shortly before the scheduled hearing, the court cancelled his hearing. Why? Because he had been jailed in a unit that also had a person who tested positive for COVID-19 and was being held in quarantine.

Had his hearing occurred, he would have been told what crime he was alleged to have committed and been able to seek his release. Instead, he languished in jail for another four days before he had his hearing, where the court agreed to release him to house arrest. But jail policy and COVID-19 again blocked his exit: The jail would not arrange for house arrest because he might have been exposed to COVID-19, so he waited another nine days before being released. 

The Department of Public Defense (DPD) represents countless people like this man — people in jail who are sick with COVID-19, who are quarantined because they have been exposed to COVID-19, or who languish because the jail staff who would normally bring them to court or meetings with their attorneys are sick with COVID-19. As of Thursday, 170 incarcerated people — more than 10% of those incarcerated at the jail — were sick with the virus and more than 200 additional people were in quarantine. These individuals are disproportionately BIPOC, indigent, or suffering from unmet behavioral health needs.
Got about 5-10 mins in before cranking the volume to 0 /c s b.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-04-21 13:08:50)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

DesertFox- wrote:

I mean, the Federalist Society is only slightly less unhinged.
only difference is they create judicial legacies.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Letter to editor of NJ's newspaper. Funny you can see the bias of the people who run the newspaper when they simply used the a phrase from the letter as the title. "N.J. schools have no right to indoctrinate ‘property’ of parents | Letters"
Regarding New Jersey’s current backlash against new sex education standards, public grade schools have no business influencing young children regarding gender issues. Grade schoolers do not have the intellect to comprehend the dizzying array of gender expressions, identities, etc.

If the goal is “diversity and inclusion,” intricate descriptions of sexual orientation are not necessary and are likely to be confusing. Children unpretentiously play well together and do not need to “demonstrate ways to promote dignity and respect for all people.”

Parents allow public grade schools to “borrow” their children for the sole purpose of instructing them on the three R’s: reading, ‘riting and ‘rithmetic. It’s very puzzling to see parents being supplanted as the responsible source to formulate the ideals and morals of young children. As dependents, children are the property of parents, without equal.

A bellwether for public schools and gender identity politics will be Florida’s HB 1557 “Parental Rights in Education” law (HB1557, commonly referred to by detractors as the “Don’t say ‘gay’ " law). Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who signed this law, means business. Decades from now, we will rue the day when public schools forced this gender ideology upon innocent children.
Big yikes. What a dick.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Sounds like a stupid debate.org discussion.

Awhile back FOX gloated about kids being parents' property. Funny article:

Critics slam MSNBC host’s claim that kids belong to community, not parents
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c … ot-parents

excerpt wrote:

MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry recorded a commercial for the network in which she stated that children do not belong to their parents, but are instead the responsibility of the members of their community.

“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children,” she says in a spot for the network’s “Lean Forward” campaign. “So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”

Harris-Perry’s views ignited a firestorm of anger and disbelief.

“The notion that children belong to a state government rather than their own flesh and blood is the most disturbing statement made in recent political times. Melissa Harris-Perry is dead wrong. It’s unfathomable that any true American could make such a pretentious and naively ill statement,” media communications expert, and parent, Angie Olszewski told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “The government can’t properly run their own budgets schools and public systems. Why would anybody think they could rear children?”

The Media Research Center’s Director of Media Analysis, Tim Graham, called the MSNBC spot "frightening.”

“It's bad enough that ‘Lean Forward’ already sounds like an ad for Mao's Little Red Book, then to have your network's hosts talk about your children being part of the Collective is just spooky,” he said. “I think most parents disappoint MSNBC with their traditional beliefs that their children are theirs to love and raise as they feel is best. They don't want to surrender their parental rights to the ‘village.’ It's this same contempt for education beginning in the home that spurs many parents into home-schooling.”
That headline, "not parents," lol.

Maybe awkwardly worded? "Kids are members of their communities and should be treated more as such, and not as a privately owned pet dog" might have been a more blunt way to put it, but maybe better for leaving anything like "kids as a property should all be transferred to state wardship" available for gross misinterpreters.

I don't see why schools shouldn't teach some basic ethics. It's not like parents are reliable for that. Literally sUpPlAnTiNg a void in some cases. Why does it have to turn into a conversation about "owning" human beings.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
The first modern public school system came about after the French Revolution. The French opened them to literally indoctrinate French people into revolutionary ideals promote civic virtue and citizenship. Public schooling in America had more to do with improving the quality of life of children laborers though promoting good citizenship was a thing too back when a 'good citizen' had a very narrow definition.

Everyone wants the state to indoctrinate children to their worldview. I would respect people who complain about indoctrination in schools more if they just admitted they don't want the schools to promote acceptance of gays and ethnic minorities. I think the end point they are pushing for is for the state to provide funding for private schools that will kick the gay kids out and not let the blacks in. "School choice", "school vouchers". Also crush the unions too.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Keeping in mind "indoctrination," definitionally, isn't always a bad word.

That "everyone" though. I don't want to see schools indoctrinating kids to my specific worldview. Just be taught how to think and not be such easy targets for stuff like Fox, MSNBC, social media. Would be nice.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
I feel like that is still a worldview. What about people's freedom to work themselves into a rage about shit they can't change after watching some cable news?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Ah yes, the worldview that people shouldn't let themselves be spoonfed their worldviews, but rather (be taught to) develop their own after independent consideration of information. Insidious!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-04-25 16:06:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
The only info people need in their lives they can find at church.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
A TV Doctor is running for Senate as a Republican in Pennsylvania. Trump endorsed him.
Celebrity doctor, Mehmet Oz, was slammed for his past comments promoting transgenderism, praising China’s coronavirus response, and questioning pro-life legislation during the first Pennsylvania Republican U.S. Senate debate.

Monday marked the first debate between the top five candidates in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary, Mehmet Oz, Kathy Barnette, Carla Sands, Dave McCormick, and Jeff Bartos.

Oz’s previous comments on hot-button political issues were a common theme throughout the debate, leading his opponents to attack him for “flip-flopping.”

Oz’s opponents called him out for having a segment dedicated to young transgender children on his former daytime talk show, The Dr. Oz Show.

When asked if he would support a ban on transgender athletes in women’s sports, Oz said, “yes,” and added, “biologic men should not be playing women’s sports.” However, McCormick quickly noted the 2015 segment from Oz’s show focused on transgender children.

McCormick said:

"Biological males should not be able to compete with females. But again, Mehmet, I’m sorry to keep bringing these things up, But you did an entire show on July 22, 2015. That was about eight, seven, nine-year-old children. And you were supporting those conversations about transgender transitions, surgical treatments that would be irreversible."

Oz defended himself by simply noting that transgender discussions “need” to be held on network television. “I do television shows, as I should, about views that need to be expressed on network,” Oz said and then shrugged.
Interesting how they jump from two different things, transgender children to transgender sports. FWIW, I don't think there is anything wrong with young kids experimenting with different styles and identities. I like how Dr. Oz just shrugged at the accusation. I don't think he really cares about this culture war nonsense and instead just wants a change of career.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The sports thing is such an overweening preoccupation people have when talking about transgender stuff. I think sometimes people bluescreen when someone says they don't care about it as much as they do.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A TV Doctor is running for Senate as a Republican in Pennsylvania. Trump endorsed him.
Celebrity doctor, Mehmet Oz, was slammed for his past comments promoting transgenderism, praising China’s coronavirus response, and questioning pro-life legislation during the first Pennsylvania Republican U.S. Senate debate.

Monday marked the first debate between the top five candidates in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary, Mehmet Oz, Kathy Barnette, Carla Sands, Dave McCormick, and Jeff Bartos.

Oz’s previous comments on hot-button political issues were a common theme throughout the debate, leading his opponents to attack him for “flip-flopping.”

Oz’s opponents called him out for having a segment dedicated to young transgender children on his former daytime talk show, The Dr. Oz Show.

When asked if he would support a ban on transgender athletes in women’s sports, Oz said, “yes,” and added, “biologic men should not be playing women’s sports.” However, McCormick quickly noted the 2015 segment from Oz’s show focused on transgender children.

McCormick said:

"Biological males should not be able to compete with females. But again, Mehmet, I’m sorry to keep bringing these things up, But you did an entire show on July 22, 2015. That was about eight, seven, nine-year-old children. And you were supporting those conversations about transgender transitions, surgical treatments that would be irreversible."

Oz defended himself by simply noting that transgender discussions “need” to be held on network television. “I do television shows, as I should, about views that need to be expressed on network,” Oz said and then shrugged.
Interesting how they jump from two different things, transgender children to transgender sports. FWIW, I don't think there is anything wrong with young kids experimenting with different styles and identities. I like how Dr. Oz just shrugged at the accusation. I don't think he really cares about this culture war nonsense and instead just wants a change of career.
lmao
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Braun, other GOP senators calling for LGBTQ+ TV rating
The senators are asking for a response to their request from the TV Parental Guidelines Monitoring Board by May 18.
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/polit … fb1f651dfd

Remember all the Chad conservatives making fun of liberal college snowflakes and their safe spaces and trigger warnings?

lmao
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Braun, other GOP senators calling for LGBTQ+ TV rating
The senators are asking for a response to their request from the TV Parental Guidelines Monitoring Board by May 18.
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/polit … fb1f651dfd

Remember all the Chad conservatives making fun of liberal college snowflakes and their safe spaces and trigger warnings?

lmao
I bet the red states they are from would have the highest viewership of Rated LGBT content of anywhere else. Boomers paying $100 a month for cable to watch LGBT rated anime after 12 AM on toonami. Desperately listening to make sure their wives aren't coming down the stairs. Their daughter and her friend come in late at night and the dad has to desperately change the channel from some gay Gundam series.

"I think your dad was watching porn"
"Ugh I am sorry. He is so weird"
"I think your dad would be okay if you let him"

But the dad doesn't want Amy. He wants his daughter's boyfriend Brandon. That's what he means when he yells Let's Go Brandon at youth baseball games.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I was going to suggest that I figured they wanted the rating in place so they know what to put on their personal watchlist, but that seemed like a rather low-hanging pair of fruits.

For those who are actually serious about this stuff and not just panderers who have secret homosexual public toilet sex, we already have family/Christian review sites and lgbtbbq tags/lists on streaming services? Why the need for a special rating? Just don't click any of these I guess: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/5977
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Is Fear Street any good? I am not asking because it is confirmed to be gay or something.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Some of the most outwardly homophobic people I've talked with make blips on the gaydar. I wouldn't be surprised to root through certain private video collections and find VHS copies of some of the gayest stuff on the planet. Walking into their library like:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~nYAAOSwrhBZCCzB/s-l300.jpg

e:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Is Fear Street any good? I am not asking because it is confirmed to be gay or something.
Not sure, haven't seen it. Is it really supernatural or just another slasher?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-05-06 13:54:49)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
There's nothing gay about just wanting to "hang out with the boys" every Sunday, and drinking beers while dressed up in color coordinated football jerseys with other men's names on it. Get high and walk around the mall with your wife and her friends on a Sunday? That's gay. Let's watch a bunch of heavy set black guys get into big piles of flesh over a ball instead.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

It's not gay if it's well presented, like the manly commercials about testicle cream featuring close-up crotch shots of some well-endowed model's undies.

Doing your laundry properly? Now that's gay.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
GG for Uzique turning me onto this channel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard