KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

jesus is the son of god bro. that's like catechism 101. John 3:16! For god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life.

I bet macbeth can't even quote bible verses off the top of his head. #wannabecatholic
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

my favorite story is the one where god and the devil make a bet over job's devotion and steal all his money and kids to prove it.

It was optioned into a screenplay in the '80s called "Trading Places".
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5532|Toronto
But God is a consubstantial single being with 3 forms, Ken! He is, at once, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The very thought that he needed to consult himself for strength alone in a garden is wild.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

you never have contemplative conversations with yourself on your patio?

Macbeth loves vampires. He loves the blood of christ. It's starting to make sense

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

jesus is the son of god bro. that's like catechism 101. John 3:16! For god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life.

I bet macbeth can't even quote bible verses off the top of his head. #wannabecatholic
My favorite verse in the bible is Job 23
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Being an atheist isn't an automatic marker of intelligence. Being a religious person isn't an automatic sign of foolishness. Many people who consider themselves enlightened atheist are in fact just aimless.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

you're arguing with yourself there, buddy. Are you trying to recreate the scene Pochsy described above?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Nothing but jokes and insults. The liberals on this forum were always so quick to insult when they can't make a counter argument.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

i think your comprehension is a good sign of your intelligence. No need to bring religion into it at all
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
We haven't even had a discussion. It's just you laughing at your own jokes while the candle stick tries to piggyback. /yawn
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5532|Toronto
I go by Lumiere now.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We haven't even had a discussion. It's just you laughing at your own jokes while the candle stick tries to piggyback. /yawn
then why do you mention something about a counterargument. If we aren't having a discussion (we aren't, I agree), then what is there to counter? You were making up your own arguments to refute. Have at it my man!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5347|London, England
Don't ride the candlestick too hard, though this is the correct thread for it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708

Pochsy wrote:

I go by Lumiere now.
No your name is gay Jeffrey Epstein.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/8/8f/GaryBeach_Lumiere.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151115092120
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

Seeing them onstage is so much worse than watching the cartoon. It's like he's stuck in some Clive Barker hell, 50% man, 50% inanimate object. And his non-hands are on fire.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

i googled "lumiere" and that image was like 50 results down the page. What made you pick that one?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Seeing them onstage is so much worse than watching the cartoon. It's like he's stuck in some Clive Barker hell, 50% man, 50% inanimate object. And his non-hands are on fire.
did you see the live action version with Emma Watson? It was weird.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i googled "lumiere" and that image was like 50 results down the page. What made you pick that one?
I googled "candlestick from beauty and the beast". It was near the top on my phone.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-05-21 19:15:21)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Oh and I didn't have to rehost it on imgur. Wiki images can be linked on other websites without rehosting Amazon too. Funnily enough Photobucket keeps sending me emails saying I am break their terms of service by having photos linked to here. And I am just like "ban the account. idc"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

Yeah that one was a little weird. I think a lot of the warmth in the 2d art style gets lost in these updates. Probably not much point in heaping too much criticality on what is really Disney's strategy to retain IP though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

sometimes amazon does a good job of hiding the actual image though through some clever use of CSS. I think they do it so you can't image search things to look for lower prices elsewhere, but it may just be a more efficient way to host.

usually you can find it by inspecting the elements if they do.
uziq
+492|3441

Pochsy wrote:

I especially like the part of the bible in which Jesus is talking to God (himself) alone in an olive grove before being crucified, and then some other guy quotes what Jesus said.
in mark there is a naked youth streaking through the night, not part of the party under arrest. it’s probably mark.

narration in the gospels really do be like that.

my favourite cameo.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-22 01:32:34)

uziq
+492|3441

Pochsy wrote:

But God is a consubstantial single being with 3 forms, Ken! He is, at once, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The very thought that he needed to consult himself for strength alone in a garden is wild.
you need to read boethius’s theological tractates. it really clears up the nature of the trinity stuff. take a crash course in predicate logic first though, it gets a little hairy!
uziq
+492|3441

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Being an atheist isn't an automatic marker of intelligence. Being a religious person isn't an automatic sign of foolishness. Many people who consider themselves enlightened atheist are in fact just aimless.
foolishness for christ is actually the higher state. you need to familiarise yourself with the yurodivy figure.

e: that’s a lot of consecutive posts but quote chaining on my phone is effort.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-22 01:33:58)

HollisHurlbut
+51|5986

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I want to apologize to trans people. The proper treatment for gender dysphoria may in fact be a transition to their preferred gender. If medical professionals support their decision then the state should even fund it as it should any other healthcare options.
I'm unaware of any standard of care that advocates chopping off body parts that are 100% healthy because of a "feeling" by the patient.  Alien Hand Syndrome and Body Integrity Dysphoria are conditions similar to "gender dysphoria."  But for some reason the acceptability of chopping off an arm because the patient believes they are really a one-armed person born with too many limbs is not nearly as widespread as the acceptability of chopping off a penis for the same reason.

Transsexuals believe they are a member of the opposite sex.  They are not.  It's a denial of reality.  This is a mental illness.  I do not mean to imply that they do not suffer or this is a choice.  I can't imagine what they feel and I certainly do not envy their internal torment.  But that doesn't make their denial of reality any more valid, and it does not obligate others to take part in or validate their delusions.

Last edited by HollisHurlbut (2020-05-22 12:47:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard