SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

uziq wrote:

i suggest broadening your own interests. it might help you to become a good conversationalist. it would benefit you to have things to speak about at the dinner table that aren't rants about jews/muslims/gays/blacks/toffs/tabloid target xyz. learn to take interest in some things you could possibly share with a woman. arts and culture are pretty good candidates. i doubt many wives would look forward to a lifetime of watching you disappear into the CAD shed, muttering darkly about the late courier delivery of gun springs. work on yourself instead of talking in a facetious and misogynistic way about women all the time.

just a thought chap.
Every girl I have met thinks it is the coolest thing in the world I am a teacher. Also being a teacher gives you excuses to use to sound more interesting or to get out of stuff.

"What are you doing"
"Getting stuff ready for summer school tomorrow"
What was I really doing? Violence on the internet.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

uziq wrote:

i do mean it sincerely. have you thought about how you could meet women/a partner in a natural social setting? it's not like it's unheard of for middle-aged people to mingle and get together, whether you're in the singles or divorced markets.
Just join a dating website. It is super easy. People there are literally giving it away.
uziq
+492|3449
i would say that my job/academic background and broadly 'culture sector' hobbies/interests are what make me desirable here, too. it worked a similar way in the UK/europe, in that my dating cachet and romantic life was normally with women with similar education levels and who worked in the cultural or services professions.

but it's a whole different effect in korea. literary or philosophical studies are reserved/relegated only to very upper-class, neo-confucian-style scholars. the children of existing university professors, and so on. more often than not girls from very privileged backgrounds, due to how heavily gendered the roles and expectations are here. your average korean guy is being funnelled his whole life into a very materialistic, narrow conception of 'success': corporate job, finance/law, med school, tech sector. german cars, brand clothes, crypto. that's it. most koreans really do not have deep interests or passions outside of the 'rat race' or obligatory post-work gym routine (this obviously isn't their fault and i respect they are products of their time/circumstance). being a guy who can go on a date to a museum for an afternoon, talk knowledgeably about things, take a genuine interest in recent novels or films, etc ... rare commodity here. i have an ecological niche, admittedly, and i'm not impressing any woman who seeks the more traditional 6-figure salary and samsung job.

that's definitely a much bigger part of the dating dynamic here, viz. in a rich, advanced and self-respecting country, than any racial 'the whites are best' angle. i just have my own (different) interests and value different things.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-28 08:12:33)

uziq
+492|3449

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

i do mean it sincerely. have you thought about how you could meet women/a partner in a natural social setting? it's not like it's unheard of for middle-aged people to mingle and get together, whether you're in the singles or divorced markets.
Just join a dating website. It is super easy. People there are literally giving it away.
not sure i could honestly recommend dating apps for serious long-term commitments. i've sown a fair few acres of fields that way, admittedly.
uziq
+492|3449

SuperJail Warden wrote:

"Getting stuff ready for summer school tomorrow"
What was I really doing? Violence on the internet.
also lol.

but yeah, turning down a date because i'm "finishing editing a chapter" or "putting together a journal issue", or even "staying inside to read a novel and relax", sounds a lot better than most all standard white person jobs out here (which by design are low paid and low status).

and what was i really doing? telling a bigot on an internet forum why he's wrong for the 185125th time.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-28 08:14:52)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
I think dating apps make it too easy to swing from one relationship to another. I was still getting matches as I was preparing to meet the girl I slept with on Saturday. I am talking to another girl on the dating app while also making plans to meet the Taiwanese girl again.

I know it is shitty of me to get intense with this girl I just met while still browsing my matches but considering how easy it is to find girls who will sleep with me I really struggle against the temptation to not just keep matching.
uziq
+492|3449
yeah, that works both ways too. most girls will be doing the same thing, lining up insurance options or keeping one eye on the next match. it's fun but insidious. not conducive to healthy long-term relationships.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
All interesting stuff. You know you should write a book on how to pick up Asian girls. Just got to get a giant funny hat. They might even give you a reality show.
uziq
+492|3449
i met a pick-up artist here a few months ago. super creepy guy. i asked him if he had a mother and why he had such a problem with women?

about a week ago i was walking through one of the nightlife areas with a friend and he walked past us. he waved hello. i flipped him the finger.

fuck those guys.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
Why would he wave to you?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
I have a lot of questions. How did you find out we was a PUA? What race was he? Did he ever have any success? What kind of hat did he wear?
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-55945181203785/leather-pirate-hat-19.jpg
uziq
+492|3449

RTHKI wrote:

Why would he wave to you?
because non-koreans are pretty rare. when you’re living in a country that is 98% non-white, you notice and make eye contact with ‘foreigners’ a lot. street or bar encounters are actually not a bad way to make friends when you first turn up in a situation like that. there’s an automatic solidarity with anyone who speaks your language.

and we obviously recognised one another for that reason. we’d had a pretty inflamed 15-20 minute convo the last time we met.

english people nod/wave as a greeting a lot. it doesn’t mean they want to initiate a conversation. you can be walking on opposite sides of the road. the nod is sufficient. he got the bird in return. i was probably in my cups at the time but don’t remember exactly.

i feel there’s about four layers of cultural context here that you won’t get if you’re not british and aren’t living in the far east. lol.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-28 14:10:02)

uziq
+492|3449

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have a lot of questions. How did you find out we was a PUA? What race was he? Did he ever have any success? What kind of hat did he wear?
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-55945181203785/leather-pirate-hat-19.jpg
white, late 30s/early 40s, balding and not attractive. clearly using PUA coaching to shore up his rapidly vanishing masculinity and eligibility.

i know because he introduced himself as such. he was hanging out in an ‘expat’-type bar.

living abroad is a lot like one big fresher’s week. everyone asks one another the same introductory questions when you first meet. where are you from, what do you do, etc. and naturally quite a few people have interesting life stories. this guy just had a typical scumbag trajectory.

re: success rates. it’s a numbers game. these guys literally harass women. if you stop 10 people a day in the street, you’ll probably get a couple numbers at least, if only because talking to strangers and making approaches here is NOT part of the culture and you’ve probably signal-jammed their normal expectations. do that a few times a week and you’ll no doubt fish up a few old boots from the canal, women who lack sufficient self-respect/are curious. that’s how the PUA thing works all the time. preying on women who lack confidence or experience, often times by openly manipulative techniques (“negging”). even stopping people in the street is cringe as fuck to me. especially in korea where they know that they’re putting someone on the spot and out of their comfort zone. fuck PUAs.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-28 14:14:04)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

The channel 5 PUA vlog is a good one.

Macbeth you sound like you want to wear the toolbelt of the pickup artist without actually exposing yourself as a creep. I don't know if that's how you feel, but that's me reading between the lines.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
From the very limited PUA stuff I have seen a lot of it is teaching men to act with confidence. For whatever reason a lot of guys never build the confidence they need feel good about themselves never mind attract women. The professional PUA who sell books explaining to guys how to act with confidence are nearly therapist to a subset of men. Of course there is also a lot of shitty ideas wrapped up in the PUA community and that should be called out.

Uzique has good advice when he tells Dilbert to get hobbies, accomplishments, and interest you can talk to women about. I am a strong believer in "if you want somebody to love you you need to make yourself loveable". Work on improving the man in the mirror. I am grateful I am in a place in my life where I have everything I need to find mates easily through Facebook. It has been touch and go at times no doubt.

That said I know I am not a perfect person. I have seen so much internet death and violence.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6739|London

uziq wrote:

don't forget dauntless.
not anymore! we broke up
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
uziq
+492|3449

thanks for telling me, prik. now i feel stupid.

sorry to hear that m8. that was a long one. message me on whatsapp when you feel like talking to ya old pal uzi!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
Uzique is such a good friend. You should fly out and visit him Dauntless. You guys can airlock a Korean girl.
uziq
+492|3449
dauntless is a major reason why i came here in the first place. he sold me on the idea and helped me with the visa.

we always were going to drink and toast together here :'(
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
Dauntless, why do you want to hurt Uzique? Why do you want to make him cry?

You need to visit him ASAP. Bring Ken along too

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2022-06-28 19:31:29)

uziq
+492|3449
he’s getting ready to sell his e-bidet company to elon musk. he’s taking anal hygiene to the stars!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

re: success rates. it’s a numbers game. these guys literally harass women. if you stop 10 people a day in the street, you’ll probably get a couple numbers at least, if only because talking to strangers and making approaches here is NOT part of the culture and you’ve probably signal-jammed their normal expectations. do that a few times a week and you’ll no doubt fish up a few old boots from the canal, women who lack sufficient self-respect/are curious. that’s how the PUA thing works all the time. preying on women who lack confidence or experience, often times by openly manipulative techniques (“negging”). even stopping people in the street is cringe as fuck to me. especially in korea where they know that they’re putting someone on the spot and out of their comfort zone. fuck PUAs.
The brother of a friend of mine had a very simple approach "Do you fuck?" He reckoned the hit rate was 1/20.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-06-29 02:53:32)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Uzique has good advice when he tells Dilbert to get hobbies, accomplishments, and interest you can talk to women about. I am a strong believer in "if you want somebody to love you you need to make yourself loveable". Work on improving the man in the mirror.
Yes

"Why did you come to Australia?" Sorry can't tell you - an act of parliament precludes that.

"Do you have any major accomplishments" Sure do, see above

"What did your father do for a living" Nope, sorry

"Do you have any non-work interests" Yes but I'm not telling you about them for my own security

Its a blast, usually I just make stuff up - its tiring.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3449

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

The brother of a friend of mine had a very simple approach "Do you fuck?" He reckoned the hit rate was 1/20.
good to know that misogynists hang out together. i'm sure you all have very healthy relationships with women.

are you all permanently 17, or what?
uziq
+492|3449

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Uzique has good advice when he tells Dilbert to get hobbies, accomplishments, and interest you can talk to women about. I am a strong believer in "if you want somebody to love you you need to make yourself loveable". Work on improving the man in the mirror.
Yes

"Why did you come to Australia?" Sorry can't tell you - an act of parliament precludes that.

"Do you have any major accomplishments" Sure do, see above

"What did your father do for a living" Nope, sorry

"Do you have any non-work interests" Yes but I'm not telling you about them for my own security

Its a blast, usually I just make stuff up - its tiring.
LOL at thinking a middle-aged woman is going to ask you 'what your father does for a living' as an important opening question or test of dating compatibility. jesus fucking christ trust me, dilbert, literally nobody is as interested in or impressed by that as you. you really need to move out of your family home hahahah. NO woman is looking at a 40-something guy and thinking 'i really wonder what his parents do for a living'.

i am howling hahahha. in response to the advice to 'make yourself more interesting' you immediately think about your parents' jobs and the event of you emigrating 25 years ago. has literally NOTHING of note or interest happened in your life since then? oh my god.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-29 03:52:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard