KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Been to paris 2x and Dublin once.  Thinking maybe Iceland? I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights.

Probably gonna try to go in Mid March.  I think I'm gonna go to Asia in February...if I'm not already living there by then.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Been to paris 2x and Dublin once.  Thinking maybe Iceland? I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights.

Probably gonna try to go in Mid March.  I think I'm gonna go to Asia in February...if I'm not already living there by then.
This is the last good winter for northern lights for a decade from what I hear. Apparently their intensity is cyclical.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah that's what i'm leaning towards
uziq
+492|3422
bummed about leonard cohen.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

uziq wrote:

we all need a game to play and a teamspeak server.
My ts is still up
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

WOW got hit by a massive earthquake. Biggest I've ever felt, quite a bit of damage to my building and we keep getting sizeable aftershocks. Little shaken up here.

Edit: I would like to request that the ground stop moving please.

Edit: Fucking car alarms! What are they even good for?

Edit: Quite a bit of damage, especially in the north of the South Island. Wellington CBD is a mess and is closed. If I was still employed this would be like a snow day, except with more broken glass.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
uziq
+492|3422
stay safe, ty
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
What music do teens listen to these days? Is my chemical romance, linkin park, and fallout boy still popular?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Why aren't you doing the news anymore Ty
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Doing what news?
[Blinking eyes thing]
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Earthquake news
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Nothing to report really. Still getting aftershocks which is still setting off that fucking car alarm down the road every so often. CBD is going to open again tomorrow but only 1/2 of my flatmates are clear to return to work. Just waiting to see what happens really and hoping we've seen the worst of it.

It was a Hell of a jolt last night. I'm on the first floor of a nine storey apartment building and it felt like it was being ripped apart. It was built with earthquakes in mind so it's very safe but it's also designed to move around a lot in a tremor. Even though it was doing its job in order to stay up from where I was standing it didn't feel like it would have taken much to make it crumble like a stack of Jenga blocks. I don't envy those on the floors above me.

Curious to know how my old office fared. It's in an older building which saw a far bit of damage the last time there was a decent shake here.

Hopefully can get some sleep now. Quake hit just after midnight and not much sleep was achieved afterwards.
[Blinking eyes thing]
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

SuperJail Warden wrote:

What music do teens listen to these days? Is my chemical romance, linkin park, and fallout boy still popular?
It starts with

One thing

I don't know why
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

AussieReaper wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It starts with

One thing

I don't know why
When I was

A young boy

My father

Took me into the city
EE (hats
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Morpheus wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It starts with

One thing

I don't know why
When I was

A young boy

My father

Took me into the city
To see a marching band
Adams_BJ

Ty wrote:

Doing what news?
the political stuff
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Oh I got made redundant. I officially don't have to give a fuck about what's happening in Australia any more. Apparently your cricket team sucks now.

Earthquakes are my main concern now I guess. The science of it is a little concerning. The 7.8 one on Monday morning was a wild ride but if Christchurch is anything to go by it may have been a precursor and a few days, weeks, or months down the line we may be in for a doozy to take out all the pre-weaken'd buildings. A low chance of it happening apparently but Trump was elected so what does probability know about anything? Nothing, that's what.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Adams_BJ
We do suck. It's terrible.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Ty wrote:

Oh I got made redundant. I officially don't have to give a fuck about what's happening in Australia any more. Apparently your cricket team sucks now.

Earthquakes are my main concern now I guess. The science of it is a little concerning. The 7.8 one on Monday morning was a wild ride but if Christchurch is anything to go by it may have been a precursor and a few days, weeks, or months down the line we may be in for a doozy to take out all the pre-weaken'd buildings. A low chance of it happening apparently but Trump was elected so what does probability know about anything? Nothing, that's what.
would it be worse than the one a few years ago?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
put a new led fixture to replace archaic fluorescent bulbs

pre-1950's apartment doesn't have ground. fuck it, cap it off and stick it aside.

https://i.imgur.com/ClmWgTl.gif
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

pirana6 wrote:

pre-1950's apartment doesn't have ground. fuck it, cap it off and stick it aside.

Attach the ground wire to the junction box you heathen
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Trotskygrad wrote:

Ty wrote:

would it be worse than the one a few years ago?
There was one in 2013 near Wellington that caused a bit of superficial damage. 2011 was the big one in Christchurch that was, as it turns out, quite a bit smaller in magnitude than the one last week. It came after Christchurch had already been hit by a pretty big one a few months prior though and given it was shallow and in the wrong place it absolutely slammed the city. The one last week was the biggest I've experienced but didn't do even close to the damage I saw in Christchurch - at least not in Wellington.

Kaikoura was pretty badly hit. Lot of landslides, the railway line was literally thrown onto the road, and the seabed has been lifted up between 2-6 metres. It's re-shaped the coastline.

As for Wellington the port is cracked up and a number of compromised buildings will be torn down but nothing actually collapsed. The concern is that we'll get another decent sized one in a few weeks/months. Still I hope the country has learned from Christchurch and will be better prepared.

The perils of living on the Shakey Isles.
[Blinking eyes thing]
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

No visible jbox. Just two wires coming through the plaster and lathe. I helped rebuild/rewire an entire kitchen a few years back so I'm generally aware of how things are to be done - and this apartment is not that way.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

No visible jbox. Just two wires coming through the plaster and lathe. I helped rebuild/rewire an entire kitchen a few years back so I'm generally aware of how things are to be done - and this apartment is not that way.
My old pre-war apartment was like that too. Used to love the smell of sizzling wires followed by the pop of a light bulb burning out. I'm pretty sure it was knob and tube.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
a pre-war apartment?!? wow

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard