SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was surprised at the amount of americans in pamplona.  That being said, it's still an overwhelming spanish majority.  I was also surprised that most hamburgers there are made from bull meat, not cow.

I ran on 7/13.  I made it all the way into the stadium.  It was awesome. The adrenaline rush of the run itself and being greeted by 15,000 people when you make it into the stadium in indescribable. Couldn't bring myself to watch any of the bullfights though.
You should have run with the trucks in Nice
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

so edgy
CC-Marley
+407|6821

SuperJail Warden wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was surprised at the amount of americans in pamplona.  That being said, it's still an overwhelming spanish majority.  I was also surprised that most hamburgers there are made from bull meat, not cow.

I ran on 7/13.  I made it all the way into the stadium.  It was awesome. The adrenaline rush of the run itself and being greeted by 15,000 people when you make it into the stadium in indescribable. Couldn't bring myself to watch any of the bullfights though.
You should have run with the trucks in Nice
You're a special kind of tool.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I need some advice-

My ex girlfriend (who I was also a direct manager of at one point) just got accepted into a prestigious grad school program.  I was listed as a reference.  I don't know if I was listed as a professional reference or personal reference.  I am being asked to assess certain characteristics and performance related to leadership and personal development.  If I was listed as a professional reference, my answers will not be anonymous.  If I was listed as a personal reference, my and others' answers are shown as aggregate.  Here's the rub - this girl cheated on me.  The last time we saw each other (within the last 6 months) I left her on the side of the road with her luggage.  We have literally had zero contact since then.  She should hate me.  She should not want my input to affect her grad school experience - especially a top rated program in her field.

1) why would she list me as a reference, professional or otherwise?
2) why wouldn't she at least ask if she could put me down as a reference or give me a heads up?
3) what is the right thing to do?  Tell them I don't think it's fair to the process itself?  Try to give as honest and impartial answers as I can?

I turn to you, oh mighty oracle.  Help me, bf2s.  You're my only hope.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
siihb
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

this is big boy talk.  Don't you have some twitch streamers to troll?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I need some advice-

My ex girlfriend (who I was also a direct manager of at one point) just got accepted into a prestigious grad school program.  I was listed as a reference.  I don't know if I was listed as a professional reference or personal reference.  I am being asked to assess certain characteristics and performance related to leadership and personal development.  If I was listed as a professional reference, my answers will not be anonymous.  If I was listed as a personal reference, my and others' answers are shown as aggregate.  Here's the rub - this girl cheated on me.  The last time we saw each other (within the last 6 months) I left her on the side of the road with her luggage.  We have literally had zero contact since then.  She should hate me.  She should not want my input to affect her grad school experience - especially a top rated program in her field.

1) why would she list me as a reference, professional or otherwise?
2) why wouldn't she at least ask if she could put me down as a reference or give me a heads up?
3) what is the right thing to do?  Tell them I don't think it's fair to the process itself?  Try to give as honest and impartial answers as I can?

I turn to you, oh mighty oracle.  Help me, bf2s.  You're my only hope.
1) because she probably doesn't have many people to choose from
2) because she didn't think they were actually going to contact you
3) honest and impartial, because it's the right thing to do no matter how much of a shit she is

Think of it as penance for dating a direct report
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Maybe she doesn't hate you as much as you think. Most likely listed as a professional reference. If it were me, I'd keep it honest and impartial.

Why should two non-married persons feel obligated to maintain marriage loyalty, anyway? Or were you two fiancés?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
You need to get revenge on this woman. You need to make her feel the pain she made you feel when she cheated on you.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
ok
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I was also surprised that most hamburgers there are made from bull meat, not cow.
Huh?

What do you do with all the excess bulls in America? Or do you have super cows that only give birth to females?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Got a filling today. Can't feel half my face lol.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
1) Who knows? Maybe she's desperate, maybe she was put on a spot, maybe she forgot you're a jerk.
2) People are strange, forgetful, maybe she's embarrassed. I really hate having to ask people for references.
3) The right thing to do is do the right thing. While every atom of your being is screaming at you to be a jerk, forget about her cheating and give her a fair and impartial reference ignoring that part. Don't fuck up her grad school application just because she did what many people do instinctively without thinking.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Get back with her, cheat on her, leave her by the side of the road and then give her a bad reference.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Adams_BJ wrote:

Got a filling today. Can't feel half my face lol.
Are you giving sloppy BJs today?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I have no ill will towards her, in fact I wish her the best.  We were never married or engaged, just in a committed relationship.

Dilbert - it's kinda weird that you told me I want to be a jerk about it.  If you read my post, being an asshole and sabotaging her wasn't one of the options I was weighing.  Perhaps that says more about you than me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Why did you even bother asking us if you wish her the best?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

because i don't know if it is the right thing to be asked to objectively assess skills of someone I dated for a long time.  Especially when she didn't give me a heads up.  It's common courtesy to let someone know they listed you as a reference.  Plus I wanted to see what people here thought about the potential mind game she could be playing with me by using this little thing to try to get herself back in my life somehow.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

For what it's worth, I don't think cheating on a committed relationship is at all relevant to work ethic. Listing an ex-boyfriend as a reference is odd, but it's not like you were married. On the other hand, it could be awkward for her if they found out you two were in a relationship.

Seems like a problem BF2S's moral compass can't really solve for ya. At some point, you're going to have to ignore being listed, maybe text her why you're ignoring it, or decide to brush aside the moral quandary in providing "objective data" about an ex and be her reference anyway.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

my first inclination was to just remove myself from the assessment and let them know that I am not in a position to objectively rate her.  I think that's the best course of action
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
cop out more like
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I'm just trying to do the morally correct thing, FINRAY.  Someone needs to set a good example for you all.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
This looks like a basic question about human interaction newbie would ask. Should I be nice to an ex or not? What a tough one, Ken. What a tough one.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
Explain its a conflict of interest given your relationship. They'll ask if something went wrong and you can dodge the question but that in itself be info for them.

You can save yourself morally but know that you unintentionally (but intentionally) gave her an unfavorable review.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3952|SL,UT

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

a position to objectively rate her.
swallows = 10
Spits = 5
never went down = 2, because maybe she make a sammich.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard