SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
The shattered family of a little girl mauled to death by a pit bill on Long Island over the weekend mourned the loss of their ”princess” Monday — as cops weighed whether to bring criminal charges against the dog’s owner.

Mayra Castillo, the devastated mom of Amiyah Dunston of Baldwin, clutched her 9-year-old daughter’s denim jacket as she left her home with friends to pick out funeral clothes for the girl, family said.

“Amiyah Kayla was a phenomenal little girl who has touched many lives with her presence, smiles and laughs. We thank you for all your support and prayers,” said Brian Willis, Castillo’s fiancé who helped raise Amiyah, to reporters. “Just please let us mourn our terrible, tragic loss.”

What do people think of these animals? From what I have read, there are several maulings by these dogs a week in the U.S.

Frankly, I don't think this breed of dogs should exist. They are illegal in many places and are put to sleep when found. I am okay with that. These dogs are breed to be aggressive and are there are hundreds of cases of seemingly well behaved pits suddenly going berserk and hurting someone.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
dude any breed of dog can be extremely dangerous. it's just how an owner treats and raise them.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Nope, bull terriers are inherently much more dangerous, the stats bear this out time and time again.

'Staffies' are about the most dangerous dogs in general ownership, however they've been supposedly trained.
They do just up and go berserk, they're too dangerous to be allowed.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-11-10 00:46:14)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

It doesn't help that the breed is often the go-to bro image dog. I've met too many aggressive animals that are under these types of owners' "care." I even once had the opportunity to nearly get chased down as a kid by an unrestrained pit bull while its owners laughed and pointed from their porch. If I hadn't outrun it on my bicycle, I imagine it could have been a painful end to my day or life. It certainly left an impression on me, and led to a hardwired wariness around the animal that I've been scoffed at for by unsympathetic, starstruck owners of the breed.

When I owned dogs, there were no enclosed dog parks in the neighborhood, but I've talked with many dog owners who said they've had problems there with APBT's and their owners.

I enjoy my neighborhood a lot more now that I don't have neighbors with large dogs that charge at the fence frothing whenever I go to get my mail or open my back gate. It certainly saves me money on the Beggin' Strips I've used to tame them down towards me and reduces unwanted gaps in my heart rhythm.

---

Personal experience notwithstanding in this case, my defense against the misinformation of mass media and "common knowledge" is to simply read. A lot.

The barest effort on Google (^) can dig up an immediate pile of biased, unbiased, subjective and objective articles. Read enough and you can sort of determine their veracity by corroborating them with other articles and their sources, at least to the point where you aren't swept off your feet by every large font front page klaxon that goes off when shoddy journalism finds something negative it can pin onto the entire breed. If you want to make a solid argument for or against with any amount of authority, you should have a mountain of actual research under your belt.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
http://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/sites/default … 011-12.pdf
Apart from the odd statistical aberration, pit bulls, bull terriers and Staffordshire terriers ARE invariably right at the top of the list
Year after year after year, its not a glitch, they ARE more aggressive than other dogs, 30-60x more according to the figures, and the injuries caused are invariably more severe.

https://i.imgur.com/sfvpwHJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/ipHBIG7.png

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-11-10 02:29:11)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke
The american staffy is a pit bull breed and not the same as a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
My old landlord used to keep his labradoodle tied up on the front lawn and it used to bark all day long. One day I heard a commotion and saw a pit bull dragging some little Indian woman right at it. I ran downstairs as quick as I could and managed to break them up before the stupid lab died. When I told this story later on a different forum, all the pit bull owners came out of the woodwork to blame my landlord. Yeah, he was a negligent ass, but of all the dogs that walked by every day it was a pit bull that attacked it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
MajorSpittle
+7|3089|Oregun
The owners of certain breeds of dogs are very dangerous and should be held accountable for the danger they put people in.

I had a 30lb Papered BorderCollie from a champion line.  Super Smart dog, very protective of family, worked the dog on livestock and it was well trained.  Left the dog at my brother's place (2.5 acres out of town surrounded by sheep fence) and it bit the neighbor in the chest through the fence.  The neighbor said no problem, the dog warned him but he reached through the fence anyway.  I was pretty upset because the dog never showed aggression toward anyone but DEFINATELY didn't like that guy for what ever reason. 

I moved from the country to the burbs and the dog would be aggressive to the neighbors dogs through the 6ft wood fence (couldn't see each other but aggressive growling and such from all dogs involved).  One day my neighbors wife reached through the fence where there was a small gap and my dog bit her.  She was a bitch about it and wouldn't let me see the bite or talk to me, her husband told me don't worry she is fine.  I got rid of the dog after that and sent it out on a farm to work livestock and be happy.  It just wasn't compatible with being around people, fences triggered aggression BUT only with certain people.  I just know if a dog bit me or someone in my family I would have no problem putting a bullet in its head (if the dog was big enough to do damage).  I understand animals can be unpredictable, thus why there are jury trails of this stuff as it should be, but people that want to own a breed designed for killing must be held responsible.  Too often it is the dumbest among us that get these breeds and have no idea how dangerous they are to everyone outside of that dog's "pack".  A pitbull that mentally snaps and does what it was bred for is a hell of a force, it is not like being nipped by a toy poodle.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/Annual-reports-of-dog-attacks-in-NSW-2011-12.pdf
Apart from the odd statistical aberration, pit bulls, bull terriers and Staffordshire terriers ARE invariably right at the top of the list
Year after year after year, its not a glitch, they ARE more aggressive than other dogs, 30-60x more according to the figures, and the injuries caused are invariably more severe.

some of those stats are skewed by the fact people breed pitbulls to be terrors.  Presa Canario's are the most aggressive dogs.  Wonder where those show on that list (under Neopolitan Mastiffs maybe?)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

some of those stats are skewed by the fact people breed pitbulls to be terrors.
https://i.imgur.com/DHzRA5c.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

some of those stats are skewed by the fact people breed pitbulls to be terrors.  Presa Canario's are the most aggressive dogs.  Wonder where those show on that list (under Neopolitan Mastiffs maybe?)
Presa Canarios are essentially banned in Australia, american pit bulls are on the way out.

I would guess there is a reason people who want an aggressive dog choose a pit bull in the first place, they're the most aggressive dog to begin with - and that takes decades or centuries of breeding by itself.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
A Tennessee man was killed by a Rottweiler, just hours after adopting it from the county pound, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office. The dog also attacked the man's wife and one of her coworkers when they went to check on him: "He wasn't growling or showing teeth -- he just bit us, like he did it all the time or something."
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
This just in, dogs are loyal and dumb so they do whatever the owner tells them to do. If the owner trains them to kill they kill.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
My dogs are perfect
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3958|SL,UT

i once had a brindled boxer/pit bull mix.
if the house would've been broken into, that fucker would've knocked someone down and licked him to death.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

pirana6 wrote:

This just in, dogs are loyal and dumb so they do whatever the owner tells them to do. If the owner trains them to kill they kill.
And sometimes they just go nuts and kill people for no apparent reason.
MajorSpittle
+7|3089|Oregun
Pit Bull<------- that is the name of the breed.  Why are they called that?

Pit  Bull, hmmm, maybe because they are a fucking pit fighting breed.

So lets get one and keep it as a pet, maybe we won't be one of the unlucky people that gets one that goes bat shit crazy due to hundreds of years of aggressiveness being breed into them.

When I move to NYC I am going to get a 100lb wolf hybrid for my apartment.  It will be a good family dog.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

It doesn't help that the dogs are peppered with a bro army purposefully breeding more aggressiveness into them.
MajorSpittle
+7|3089|Oregun

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It doesn't help that the dogs are peppered with a bro army purposefully breeding more aggressiveness into them.
racist much?
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

You know its true, search your feelings.
MajorSpittle
+7|3089|Oregun

jsnipy wrote:

You know its true, search your feelings.
I'm just randomly calling people racist to try to fit in around here.

It seems to be the thing to do ;-)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

MajorSpittle wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

racist much?
dafuq?

Bro douche ≠ race.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

MajorSpittle wrote:

When I move to NYC I am going to get a 100lb wolf hybrid for my apartment.  It will be a good family dog.
Are you some kind of faggot or metrosexual?

Get a mountain lion, or better a Wolverine - they're great with kids.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3958|SL,UT

Dilbert_X wrote:

MajorSpittle wrote:

Are you some kind of faggot or metrosexual?

Get a mountain lion, or better a Wolverine - they're great with kids.
both of you need to move out of your mommies basement.

life is hard.

harden the fuck up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard