Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5597|"Frisco"

As part of the server move over the Nov. 7th weekend, the site is now running on an updated codebase:

  • Old search system has been completely gutted (gone) and replaced with Sphinx for good
  • Youtube tags have been cleaned up
  • static.bf2s.com integrations removed
  • (mod system) merging topics will no longer break entire topics
  • (ctrl|alt)-enter will now submit forms
  • Page weight reduced by 50% (less graphics, extremely optimized css/js, tons of image sprite'ing)
  • Updated signup form to use latest, greatest recaptcha
  • Killed spellchecker
  • Fixed messed up polls (although that was applied to old host a while ago)
  • Upgraded to bound sql params (this means that the forums are now impossible to be sql injected -- very good thing)


Tazz helped a lot, especially on that last very important item. Let us know if you see anything wonky.
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5271|...

thank you!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,838|5521|USA

https://i.imgur.com/DWcr8Sh.jpg
Adams_BJ
Turns out you were cucked
+2,037|5372|Little Bentcock
why are all the topics underlined now
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,838|5521|USA

Didn't notice until you pointed it out. Probably a CSS style setting.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,707|4855|eXtreme to the maX

chuyskywalker wrote:

As part of the server move over the Nov. 7th weekend, the site is now running on an updated codebase:

  • Old search system has been completely gutted (gone) and replaced with Sphinx for good
  • Youtube tags have been cleaned up
  • static.bf2s.com integrations removed
  • (mod system) merging topics will no longer break entire topics
  • (ctrl|alt)-enter will now submit forms
  • Page weight reduced by 50% (less graphics, extremely optimized css/js, tons of image sprite'ing)
  • Updated signup form to use latest, greatest recaptcha
  • Killed spellchecker
  • Fixed messed up polls (although that was applied to old host a while ago)
  • Upgraded to bound sql params (this means that the forums are now impossible to be sql injected -- very good thing)


Tazz helped a lot, especially on that last very important item. Let us know if you see anything wonky.
I don't know what any of this means but thanks anyhow.
Epstein didn't kill himself
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5073|Graz, Austria
I'll be I am back.
https://www.gifbin.com/bin/reverse-1237977458_thumbsup-terminator.gif
Dauntless
Admin
+2,237|5491|London

Great work guys, thanks for doing what you do <3 x
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,237|5491|London

(Live view is a bit messed up for me, it used to do that when I reduced the page width and it went into 'mobile mode' but now it's doing it full screen)

No big deal though I'll live
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+209|2709|SL,UT

i think the forum is more responsive, and the formatting to me INBD
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+403|2468
I feel that every topic is more important now.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+633|5040|Washington St.
holy shit everything is underlined
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,687|5486|Oxferd Ohire
Yes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5597|"Frisco"

I have no idea what you guys are talking about
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5597|"Frisco"

chuyskywalker wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about
Fixed. Also addressed the really stupid looking search page interface. What a clusterfuck of css
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5422|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I thought I had a virus, thank fuck for that.

The lines are annoying but its hardly the end of the world either
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+633|5040|Washington St.
yay! thanks fuhrer
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+633|5040|Washington St.
yes, now that i've used it a bit more, the site seems way more responsive/faster.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+209|2709|SL,UT

the search function works, huzzah
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,687|5486|Oxferd Ohire
Mobile still has topics underlined
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+633|5040|Washington St.

RTHKI wrote:

Mobile still has topics underlined
This is correct, but a fairly unimportant issue (to me). The mass-underlining doesn't look as horrendous when on mobile.

also, got a random error when searching:

https://i.imgur.com/ADVZj5j.jpg

mildly trivial at best as the search came back fine.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5597|"Frisco"

pirana6 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Mobile still has topics underlined
This is correct, but a fairly unimportant issue (to me). The mass-underlining doesn't look as horrendous when on mobile.

also, got a random error when searching:
Fixed search error.

The mobile thing probably just needs a hard refresh. Stupid sticky css files.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+403|2468
Do gfycat links work now?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5597|"Frisco"

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Do gfycat links work now?
No, but I could add support for them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard