Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England
I got 6 bedrooms, 3 baths on a half acre for a little over 6
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3967|SL,UT

https://i.imgur.com/dfNRc3v.jpg
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

globefish23 wrote:

Could she see the address of a prospective company?
Was that phone call with a prospective company's human resources department?

If not, just tell her that you update your CV on a daily basis, because you learn so much new stuff, that you couldn't possibly remember everything in the event of force majeure making work at your beloved company impossible. (Certainly not premature termination or retirement before the age of 80).
No, I had a ton of tabs open and the call was some random IT related matter. That explanation would never ever pass over here
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

SuperJail Warden wrote:

1927 wrote:

You'll be bent over her desk getting punished/rewarded by midday I reckon mate
It really sucks that I don't have any pretty co-workers or cousins.
I run our family business to the above IS NOT applicable to me
uziq
+492|3460

Jay wrote:

That would be cheap in Manhattan
it's in Cheltenham not Manhattan. great job on the comparison. this town has a population of 100,000.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

Jay wrote:

600k or 6 mil?

better be mil son
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

600k or 6 mil?

better be mil son
600k. My property taxes are 13.5k/year, almost as much as my rent was in my Queens apartment.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727

1927 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

1927 wrote:

You'll be bent over her desk getting punished/rewarded by midday I reckon mate
Is it a Welsh thing to get a familiar with cousins? I know the stereotype is sheep but I am unfamiliar with the specifics of small European cultures.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

600k or 6 mil?

better be mil son
600k. My property taxes are 13.5k/year, almost as much as my rent was in my Queens apartment.
WTF
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6297|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Some dude sent me a PM:

kayros wrote:

how can I find out why I am been banned.. I and how a can be un banned
do i look like i know what i'm doing and how to get things done in this place? plz advise

Last edited by cowami (2015-12-02 10:29:13)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
uziq
+492|3460

SuperJail Warden wrote:

1927 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Is it a Welsh thing to get a familiar with cousins? I know the stereotype is sheep but I am unfamiliar with the specifics of small European cultures.
not exactly specific to 'small european cultures'. read: anywhere geographically isolated or cut off. could be talking about the appalachians or utah at certain times in history. everyone in wales has one of about 4 surnames so it would suggest they were all fucking in their little valley hovels at one point or another.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

600k or 6 mil?

better be mil son
WTF
What? I'm an hour train ride from Manhattan, which is sadly a normal commute here.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3460
an hour commute is normal almost anywhere. what is it with people in new york thinking they are special snowflakes. you can live in metropolitan london with no garden and still have to commute an hour. people commute for 2–3 hours regularly from the outlying counties to major metropolitan hubs like london.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727

cowami wrote:

Some dude sent me a PM:

kayros wrote:

how can I find out why I am been banned.. I and how a can be un banned
do i look like i know what i'm doing and how to get things done in this place? plz advise
You need the tech team badge to get that done.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

That would be cheap in Manhattan
it's in Cheltenham not Manhattan. great job on the comparison. this town has a population of 100,000.
my town has a population of 87K or so, so i think my comparison was better.  But we also have the wonderful pacific ocean within a few miles, so that bumps up the average home value.  The place I have my condo has about 50K in population and is still about 1.5x more expensive.  I fucking hate the real estate market here.  I'm going to have to either sell my condo or double my income to buy a house

edit: and I thought my 25-45 minute commute (depending on the notoriously shit SoCal traffic) was bad.  I would find a new job if I had to commute over an hour.  But I don't live in a metropolitan area so yay!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Because the romantic ideal is to live close to work and have a short commute so you can spend your free time doing things other than sitting on a crowded train.
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America
At least you can read or something vaguely productive on a train. Driving 50 minutes means I've got to like, pay attention n shit.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3727
Self driving cars will be a boon to the average American. You can eat breakfast and take a nap on the commute to work. And if the car crashes while you are asleep, you won't even know you died.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

At least you can read or something vaguely productive on a train. Driving 50 minutes means I've got to like, pay attention n shit.
Yeah I couldn't do it. I'd lose my mind.

My commute was 25 minutes door to door with 20 of it on the train when I lived in Queens. I got so spoiled.
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
Mine is 10.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire
but thats metric
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pocshy2.0
+23|3379

Jay wrote:

Because the romantic ideal is to live close to work and have a short commute so you can spend your free time doing things other than sitting on a crowded train.
I walk to work in 10 minutes. 8 if I hit all 3 pedestrian crosses on the way there. GF rides the subway for 15 minutes and works in the building above the station. From my bed to my desk is 15 min because the fucking elevators aren't optimized and I have to stop at every godforsaken floor on the way up. Petty frustration at its finest.

/end brag.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-12-02 15:34:46)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

Jay wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Jay wrote:

WTF
What? I'm an hour train ride from Manhattan, which is sadly a normal commute here.
Even an Hour commute from anywhere in sydney to the CBD won't get you a 6 bedder for 600k...

800-1mil gets you a 2 bedder apartment in sydney lol.

When did you buy that house? Prices might've gone up now m8.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3967|SL,UT

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

my town has a population of 87K or so, so i think my comparison was better.   But I don't live in a metropolitan area so yay!
jesus wept.

i live in a Utah town of 87k. your town has a stop sign separating it from another town of 87k that is wall to wall buildings vaster than the Pacific Ocean that you cherish.

i've been to Tokyo that has a few people, but i've lived in LA County where the urban sprawl extends to Mexico in the south and Santa Barbara in the north.

it's amazing how everyone is trying to out suburban everyone and macbeth is thinking it's ok to get close to his cousin if he moves to Europe.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

Jay wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Jay wrote:

WTF
13.5k is what. I though America was the land of low taxes and the reason you get no services. My 3 bed 2bath $1mil property 1hr commute from the cbd has annual council rates of about $800 (basically the same thing as property tax).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard