Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
who pays for the wedding in the UK/USA?

In Taiwan theres two wedding ceremonies, one for groom side of family and one for bride and each pay respective costs.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
There is really no custom of who pays. Often, the woman's parents cover a good share of the cost. I guess that replaced the time treasured act of offering a dowry along with a bride.

The whole family has to share one wedding/reception.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6741|London

uziq wrote:

destination weddings suck.

so i have to take some of my annual leave so you guys can spend the whole day half-ignoring every acquaintance you've ever made?

i hope the split is acrimonious and involves emotionally vulnerable children.
fuk off m8 if i ever sort my situation out I'd better see you at my destination wedding
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
uziq
+492|3451
one of my friends is having a wedding soon and says he wants his stag do to be in new york city.

oh yeah mate no problem.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

In Taiwan theres two wedding ceremonies, one for groom side of family and one for bride and each pay respective costs.
Parents help, or pay for the whole thing if they're wealthy. Rest is on the bride and groom.

We're lucky her dad is on wall street or we'd still be paying it off
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Parents help, or pay for the whole thing if they're wealthy. Rest is on the bride and groom.

So I'm guessing you married into money
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
He became the 1% when he got married, remember?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Nope. He made most of his money in the 80s. He's not poor by any means but he's also not coptering to the Hamptons every weekend. Paying for most of the wedding is the only financial assistance he's offered or we've asked for. His money, his life, shrug.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
Poschy2.0 more like mac2.0 namsayin
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

There is really no custom of who pays. Often, the woman's parents cover a good share of the cost. I guess that replaced the time treasured act of offering a dowry along with a bride.

The whole family has to share one wedding/reception.
The custom is the bride's family pays for the wedding, the groom's family pays for the reception.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Nope. He made most of his money in the 80s. He's not poor by any means but he's also not coptering to the Hamptons every weekend. Paying for most of the wedding is the only financial assistance he's offered or we've asked for. His money, his life, shrug.
until you cash in that inheritance!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

I honestly hope he spends every penny and dies a pauper. At least then he'll have enjoyed it instead of leaving it to a bunch of squabbling offspring who don't really need it but will tight tooth and nail for every cent. I'm not looking forward to that day.
-Frederick Bastiat
Pocshy2.0
+23|3370

Adams_BJ wrote:

Nah man, please elaborate.
uziq
+492|3451

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

I honestly hope he spends every penny and dies a pauper. At least then he'll have enjoyed it instead of leaving it to a bunch of squabbling offspring who don't really need it but will tight tooth and nail for every cent. I'm not looking forward to that day.
your kids will have the GI bill and pell grant too and hopefully america will have found another nation of goat-herders to dump several hundred billion dollars' worth of ordnance into by then, as well.

Last edited by uziq (2015-08-31 17:12:28)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Nah man, please elaborate.
your updates are fascinating.

Keep me updated.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

your kids will have the GI bill and pell grant too and hopefully america will have found another nation of goat-herders to dump several hundred billion dollars' worth of ordnance into by then, as well.
Not if he pulls up the ladder behind him, isn't that basically the 'Libertarian' manifesto in a nutshell?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

I'm putting $200/month away for him in an investment account. Don't you wish your parents had done that for you?
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'm putting $200/month away for him in an investment account. Don't you wish your parents had done that for you?
They're putting away Lamborghini's for him. No wait, that was Toiletsex.
uziq
+492|3451

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

my parents spent more money on my pre-college education than you've earned in your entire working life.

bit of a weird angle to take to try and attack my parents when the whole uzi-deal is i'm supposed to be a silver-spooned blue blood.

ironically you DO wish your deadbeat dad had done that for you. you've expressed as much disappointment here before. please stop taking out your rabid class anxieties on us natural nobles.

Last edited by uziq (2015-09-01 13:59:42)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

my parents spent more money on my pre-college education than you've earned in your entire working life.

bit of a weird angle to take to try and attack my parents when the whole uzi-deal is i'm supposed to be a silver-spooned blue blood.

ironically you DO wish your deadbeat dad had done that for you. you've expressed as much disappointment here before. please stop taking out your rabid class anxieties on us natural nobles.
I do wish he had done it for me, which is why I'm doing right by my own son.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
well jay, call it generously at about $175,000 on the education bill and you can insult my parents and lord it over me with your princely $200 monthly deposits.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

well jay, call it generously at about $175,000 on the education bill and you can insult my parents and lord it over me with your princely $200 monthly deposits.
10k a year is jack shit
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
$200/month annuity with tax-free compound interest for 17 years is a pretty damn sweet 18th birthday present.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I hope the money is in your name. You might not even like the kid in 17 years.
uziq
+492|3451

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

10k a year is jack shit
$35k a year mr. STEM. i paid for my own college.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard