Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+529|2896
We know that the Lord of Light exist and the Red Woman's magic is real. We also know that the White Walkers are planning to invade south. We are also sure Stannis is aware of the white walker threat and plans to stop it.

These facts being so, how is sacrificing the girl to the living God not the right thing to do if it will lead to eventually stopping the army of the dead?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5951|Noizyland

RIP Sir Christopher Lee. What can you say about a guy who served as a spy and special ops soldier in World War Two, performed in more films than there have probably been made, (somehow,) and spent his retirement years singing in a metal band?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+562|5891|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We know that the Lord of Light exist and the Red Woman's magic is real. We also know that the White Walkers are planning to invade south. We are also sure Stannis is aware of the white walker threat and plans to stop it.

These facts being so, how is sacrificing the girl to the living God not the right thing to do if it will lead to eventually stopping the army of the dead?
Because there are dragons as an option.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+529|2896

Ty wrote:

RIP Sir Christopher Lee. What can you say about a guy who served as a spy and special ops soldier in World War Two, performed in more films than there have probably been made, (somehow,) and spent his retirement years singing in a metal band?
What a fucking one upper
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|4535|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We know that the Lord of Light exist and the Red Woman's magic is real. We also know that the White Walkers are planning to invade south. We are also sure Stannis is aware of the white walker threat and plans to stop it.

These facts being so, how is sacrificing the girl to the living God not the right thing to do if it will lead to eventually stopping the army of the dead?
Because the Lord of light is really the Lord of death. He sacrificed his daughter for personal gain. There's nothing noble there or worth celebrating.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|4535|London, England

War Man wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We know that the Lord of Light exist and the Red Woman's magic is real. We also know that the White Walkers are planning to invade south. We are also sure Stannis is aware of the white walker threat and plans to stop it.

These facts being so, how is sacrificing the girl to the living God not the right thing to do if it will lead to eventually stopping the army of the dead?
Because there are dragons as an option.
I prefer the Old Gods.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
Member
+441|2629

Ty wrote:

RIP Sir Christopher Lee. What can you say about a guy who served as a spy and special ops soldier in World War Two, performed in more films than there have probably been made, (somehow,) and spent his retirement years singing in a metal band?
certainly wasn't no sam beckett
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5951|Noizyland

He would have been a Hell of an interesting person to know. Dominic Monaghan wrote about how he shared his party trick during LOTR filming, throwing a Bic pen like a throwing knife into a tree.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,721|5914|Oxferd Ohire

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We know that the Lord of Light exist and the Red Woman's magic is real. We also know that the White Walkers are planning to invade south. We are also sure Stannis is aware of the white walker threat and plans to stop it.

These facts being so, how is sacrificing the girl to the living God not the right thing to do if it will lead to eventually stopping the army of the dead?
Because the Lord of light is really the Lord of death. He sacrificed his daughter for personal gain. There's nothing noble there or worth celebrating.
also for not freezing to death
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
Member
+441|2629

Ty wrote:

He would have been a Hell of an interesting person to know. Dominic Monaghan wrote about how he shared his party trick during LOTR filming, throwing a Bic pen like a throwing knife into a tree.
this is what impresses you people?

he was an actor in really bad, campy horror movies for most of his life. his career was revived by a stroke of good fortune when Hollywood started pumping out big-budget camp fantasy movies. most of his characters were kind of ludicrous.

good actor and by all accounts a kind man. but why everyone is having a nerdgasm and acting like one of the greats of the screen has passed on is beyond me. prolly just because he was in a bunch of movies that awkward and geeky young men over-identified with.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5283|eXtreme to the maX
eh awkward geeky men are a substantial demographic son.
Birds Aren't Real
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5951|Noizyland

Can you throw a Bic pen into a tree Uzique?

You seem like you're having one of your abrasive pretentious turns where you misread others' sentiments so you can talk down to them. All I said was Lee would have been a very interesting person to know. And he would have been. He served in the RAF and as part of special operations during WW2, spoke nine languages, (six fluently,) and had a film career that spanned over 60 years which he capped with a musical stint in metal of all genres, becoming the oldest person to enter the music charts at the age of 91.

Sure the vast majority of his acting work was schlocky rubbish but the fact is the sheer quantity of it meant he worked with a vast array of cinematic icons. Lawrence Olivier, Orson Welles, Errol Flynn, Jimmy Stewart, Charlton Heston, Vincent Price, Steven Spielberg and er... Nic Cage. He had a film career that spanned most of cinema's history, he was like a living historical record, (he was determined to be the centre of the Hollywood universe according to people who care about that sort of stuff.) He did most of his own stunts into his 70s, was particularly proficient at sword fighting, (being a fencer,) and he acted in three of cinema/pop culture's favourite franchises.

(Additionally when it comes to schlocky rubbish in cinema you'll find those films tend to have a whole lot more cultural impact than Oscar winners.)

People like Lee not because he was a good actor or because he acted in a pile of silly monster films and then a collection of prolific franchises that they tend to enjoy. They like him because he was the kind of actor who'd do Shakespeare with Olivier and later do films with titles like "Werewolf Bitch" and seemingly bring the same level of commitment to both. And because he spent his retirement years performing metal and acting in blockbusters. And because he has an intriguing military history. And because he had a pretty mean voice. And because he could throw a Bic pen into a tree trunk. He was cool.


Also, as culturally important as Samuel Beckett is, he seems like he would have been an absolute bore to spend an afternoon with.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
uziq
Member
+441|2629
beckett was hilarious and well-known for being a partier. also a great sportsman. you don't know anything about him. that's because you've spent most of your life reading and watching utter shite and trying to convince yourself it's good. christopher lee acted in shitty movies. and do they have bigger cultural impacts? who remembers the top grossing films of the 70's? i remember when the matrix seemed like the most significant and zeitgeist-defining film. now people laugh at it. and lots of people from his generation grew up with war experiences. sam beckett was part of the french resistance and received the croix de guerre from de gaulle. beckett spoke 3 languages and wrote nobel-prize winning literature in 2. he had a literary career that spanned and defined the 20th century.

so no, christopher lee is not the shit. he's a bad typecast actor who over-hammed parts that were hammy anyway. he made really shitty metal music that people thought was great because of its OMG SO RANDUM novelty to adolescent ingrates like yourself.

fuck you.

Last edited by uziq (2015-06-13 03:15:40)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5283|eXtreme to the maX
If you have to cite Harold Pinter you've pretty much lost the argument.
Birds Aren't Real
uziq
Member
+441|2629
christopher lee sucked. I can cite about a dozen sources who have anecdotes about Beckett being hilarious, warm, and funny. ironically he's trying to make out what a great guy lee was, even though all he portrayed was villains and evil assholes, but then he claims by the same rationale that Beckett was miserable because of his art. d'oh.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+773|5861|United States of America
All I need to know is who to worship unquestioningly.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+529|2896

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We know that the Lord of Light exist and the Red Woman's magic is real. We also know that the White Walkers are planning to invade south. We are also sure Stannis is aware of the white walker threat and plans to stop it.

These facts being so, how is sacrificing the girl to the living God not the right thing to do if it will lead to eventually stopping the army of the dead?
Because the Lord of light is really the Lord of death. He sacrificed his daughter for personal gain. There's nothing noble there or worth celebrating.
Still real. Still a God. She is in a better place in the warmth of the Lord of Light.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3137|SL,UT

uziq wrote:

fuck you.
imma print this onna t-shirt. a skinny/scrawny anglo saxon saying "fuck you" behind a keyboard, when he's allegedly the most educated one amongst  us in the free world. Granted, we didn't all get accepted into Hogwarts, but i personally wonder if said wonderbread kid would say "fuck you" to the face of a member of New Zealand's military, past or present.

i doubt it. i think aaron would keep a civil tongue in his head when confronted by anyone not going by "warman" . . .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5283|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

christopher lee sucked. I can cite about a dozen sources who have anecdotes about Beckett being hilarious, warm, and funny. ironically he's trying to make out what a great guy lee was, even though all he portrayed was villains and evil assholes, but then he claims by the same rationale that Beckett was miserable because of his art. d'oh.
It not really art unless it makes someone miserable though - I thought that was the raison d'etre.
Birds Aren't Real
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5951|Noizyland

Gotta love you Uzi. Can dish it out but can't take it. Grow up.

DesertFox- wrote:

All I need to know is who to worship unquestioningly.
If only it were so simple.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5699|...

https://i.imgur.com/HMTZsGY.jpg
Adams_BJ
Turns out you were cucked
+2,045|5799|Little Bentcock
what a mo
uziq
Member
+441|2629

Ty wrote:

Gotta love you Uzi. Can dish it out but can't take it. Grow up.

DesertFox- wrote:

All I need to know is who to worship unquestioningly.
If only it were so simple.
i'm joking you retard, of course i don't care either way.

i just thought it was funny you were bloviating over christopher lee because he could simultaneously act in terrible b-movies and fight in a world war. loads of people of that generation managed to patch together a good career as well as 'doing the right thing' in the war. some even got nobel prizes. christopher lee was really not that exceptional. he was basically just a guy who kept his cool points because he continued to act in nerdgasm movies and sing in a terrible pantomime-voice over thrash metal instrumentals. really nothing special. i just mentioned beckett because you seemed especially taken with the fact he could be on stage and contribute to the war effort.

and no dilbert, art isn't miserable. i can tell you haven't read very much in your lifetime. most of that shit is absolutely hilarious. it is mordantly funny.

but i personally wonder if said wonderbread kid would say "fuck you" to the face of a member of New Zealand's military, past or present.
oh my god you are so lame. i wouldn't be afraid of saying to ty to "fuck off" over his christopher lee opinions in real life, because it's an exchange of opinions, not a physical contest. do you often resolve a conflict of viewpoints with physical violence? moron.

Last edited by uziq (2015-06-14 02:20:02)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5283|eXtreme to the maX
*moran
Birds Aren't Real
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+529|2896
The feminist are going to be so pissed off tomorrow about Game of thrones tomorrow.

Also Spoiler (highlight to read):
Did they turn the mountain into a Zombie?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard