Pocshy2.0
+23|3382
No man, they won't raise taxes, but you can be sure as shit that the other government services you enjoy will take a shit kicking. So much for moving towards a universal healthcare system. Maybe marijuana will bring in the dollars you need for boats.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England
10 billion is a drop in the bucket when our government already spend like 3 trillion a year. IJS...

Do we need more carriers though? No.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Can we dispense with the human candidates and elect a banana instead? It would honestly do the least damage.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6117|eXtreme to the maX
Its not about building ships, its about transferring tax dollars. Might as well build five Eiffel Towers and dump them in the see for all the use five carriers would be.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5189|Sydney
Deez Nuts
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3970|SL,UT

Jaekus wrote:

Deez Nuts
i'd like to see older members, maybe posting their nics will bring them back.

Babyspinach.

amidoing itright?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

Vote for president Ty Ferra. Also ineligible to run but this whole thing is such a fucking joke now I don't think it matters.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5189|Sydney

Steve-0 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Deez Nuts
i'd like to see older members, maybe posting their nics will bring them back.

Babyspinach.

amidoing itright?
http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/melbourne … of-the-us/
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3730
trump was a hit at his largest rally in alabama
https://i.imgur.com/NI6DSf5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America
It seems so many of his supporters are literally idiots who assume he's competent because of his money. There was the country-ass motherfucker at work whose reasoning was essentially, "Well he must know something to have gotten rich!"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

DesertFox- wrote:

It seems so many of his supporters are literally idiots who assume he's competent because of his money. There was the country-ass motherfucker at work whose reasoning was essentially, "Well he must know something to have gotten rich!"
well, duh.  It's the easiest idiocy test - do you support Donald Trump for president?  If yes, you are an moran.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3382
So I don't read much American news, and did an google to look into the matter, and need confirmation on something. Is the GOP set to make their candidate nomination for summer NEXT YEAR? Like, 20 fucking 16?

I must have this wrong. The GOP must put forward a candidate sometime in 2015 to allow time to campaign against the Democrats for the 2016 presidential election (the 'real' election).

EDIT- The more I google the more worried I become that I actually don't have this wrong. How in the actual fuck can somebody campaign for the whole year? More importantly: why am I doomed to be tortured by news tidbits detailing the pure idiocy of a geriatric toupee wearer for an entire year?

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-08-24 10:46:46)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3730
The first republican primary is in February. Yeah it is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. Reason #9 of why we need to switch to a parliamentary system.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3382

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The first republican primary is in February. Yeah it is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. Reason #9 of why we need to switch to a parliamentary system.
Damn. And Canada is up here going nuts that the Conservative Party forced an early election and created a 78 day election campaign period. We're all losing our shit that this means smaller parties won't have enough funding to make it through...and then there's America.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone
Australia will also have an election before the US, but you wont hear shit about it for a least another 10months.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727

DrunkFace wrote:

Australia will also have an election before the US, but you wont hear shit about it for a least another 10months.
we've had single term prime ministers for the past 2 governments. lets see if abbott can hold the LNP.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6117|eXtreme to the maX

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

So I don't read much American news, and did an google to look into the matter, and need confirmation on something. Is the GOP set to make their candidate nomination for summer NEXT YEAR? Like, 20 fucking 16?

I must have this wrong. The GOP must put forward a candidate sometime in 2015 to allow time to campaign against the Democrats for the 2016 presidential election (the 'real' election).

EDIT- The more I google the more worried I become that I actually don't have this wrong. How in the actual fuck can somebody campaign for the whole year? More importantly: why am I doomed to be tortured by news tidbits detailing the pure idiocy of a geriatric toupee wearer for an entire year?
This happens every term, and is the reason why America barely gets 6-12 months of government in the 4 year term.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-08-25 03:03:07)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

DrunkFace wrote:

that's because no one outside of AUS and NZ cares about Australian politics.  Everyone around the world cares about US elections.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

that's because no one outside of AUS and NZ cares about Australian politics.  Everyone around the world cares about US elections.
He's saying in our election cycles you won't hear a blip of campaigning until it becomes very close to election date. Yours is essentially a year away and it's all over the news.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

Yeah it's pretty stupid, I agree. On the flipside, you could argue that are elections are more meaningful to everyone than Australia's, so more attention is needed.  I dunno, I think the whole election season thing is fucking dumb and it's just a parade to see who the most publicly acceptable and electable candidates are.  It's more like a prolonged ad campaign than an election.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3730
I think we would be better off if we at least vote in the house of representatives like we do a parliament. Most of the stupid shit our congress does originates from there. Opening it up to more parties would put pressure on the big ones to perform better.

Then again I'm pretty bias. The democrats won I believe the last two mid-term elections by total votes but still lost control of the house due to gerrymandering.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3730
Donald Trump stumbled when asked about the heads of major terrorist organizations on Thursday and then lashed out at what he called a "gotcha question."

Trump, the front-runner for the GOP nomination, blasted conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in an interview and said it is "ridiculous" to be questioned about who leads Hamas, Hezbollah, al-Nusra and ISIS.

"I think it's ridiculous. I'll have, I'm a delegator. I find great people. I find absolutely great people, and I'll find them in our armed services, and I find absolutely great people," Trump said.

Trump sought to downplay the importance of knowing who controls the terror groups. He suggested that those leaders -- some of whom have led their groups for years -- would likely no longer be in power by the time he would reach the White House.
I am starting to like Donald Trump purely because of how obvious it is his own party is out to get him. That is a bullshit question. Especially the one regarding al-Nusra since you can use either the leader of AQ or the ground commander in Syria as the leader since they are both technically the leader. He asked him who the leader of the Quds Force is. I know that one also but QF is just a special forces unit of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. It is like asking the president of china who the commander of Seal Team 6 is. Stupid.

Stupid radio host. Trump is 100% right that they are out to get him .
Pocshy2.0
+23|3382

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Donald Trump stumbled when asked about the heads of major terrorist organizations on Thursday and then lashed out at what he called a "gotcha question."

Trump, the front-runner for the GOP nomination, blasted conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in an interview and said it is "ridiculous" to be questioned about who leads Hamas, Hezbollah, al-Nusra and ISIS.

"I think it's ridiculous. I'll have, I'm a delegator. I find great people. I find absolutely great people, and I'll find them in our armed services, and I find absolutely great people," Trump said.

Trump sought to downplay the importance of knowing who controls the terror groups. He suggested that those leaders -- some of whom have led their groups for years -- would likely no longer be in power by the time he would reach the White House.
I am starting to like Donald Trump purely because of how obvious it is his own party is out to get him. That is a bullshit question. Especially the one regarding al-Nusra since you can use either the leader of AQ or the ground commander in Syria as the leader since they are both technically the leader. He asked him who the leader of the Quds Force is. I know that one also but QF is just a special forces unit of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. It is like asking the president of china who the commander of Seal Team 6 is. Stupid.

On a scale from 1 to even I literally can't.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-09-04 08:49:25)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

If I had a terminal disease, I would be interested in a Trump presidency just as an apocalyptic worst case scenario. We thought Bush destroyed the standing of the US in the rest of the world, but this guy is in a whole 'nother league. Essentially, I'd like to see how he'd put his campaign promises into action. Granted, a lot depends on the makeup of Congress, but if nothing changed it would be decently favorable. However, so much of what he's said has just been the "I'll take care of it" sort of lines. Really? We're going to get a massive border wall built and Mexico is going to pay for it, Donny boy? He'll take on China and convince them to...I don't know... slow down? A lot of the people I've heard support Trump don't seem to want him to do anything, they just want someone to yell at all the other politicians.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3730
When I said I like Trump I don't mean as a candidate. I won't vote for him or any other republican in any election probably for the rest of my life.

He isn't a serious canidate and like you said, many of his ideas are politically impossible. Instead of someone trying to sell hope and tell us about how great the U.S. is and things will be, we would probably be better off having someone give us the straight truth and give us a bleak but realistic future.

"Due to the growing economic power of East and South Asian countries, the U.S. ability to influence events in Asia and even nearer to home will diminish. We need to improve bilateral relations with the various countries in East Asia to create an atmosphere of trust between them and U.S. so we can coordinate efforts to limit Chinese expansion in the Pacific. At the same time, we need to integrate China into the global economic and political system so that if their rise is a historic inevitability, the U.S. will still be a major and competitive power within the new global order"

Just doesn't sound as good as

"I am going to stand up to China and bring jobs home!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard