Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia
uh-huh. nothing it seems goes wrong in the world these days that has nothing to do with putin.

Last edited by Shahter (2016-11-09 01:21:30)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

This is going to be an interesting few months.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
uziq
+492|3453

Shahter wrote:

well, congratulations, america. this was a tough one: sponge bob vs multiple sclerosis queen. enjoy the outcome.
why is having MS a negative character trait?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia
multiple sclerosis it's not a character trait.

that's not to say that character traits are not very important things when deciding which member of the capitalist elite to choose to represent ones interests as president, but that's beside the point.

Last edited by Shahter (2016-11-09 02:46:28)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Trotskygrad wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

i fucking lost money on hillary winning.

could have lost more if I didn't cash out.

Sports bet odds were at 1.1 to win, then in around 3 hours later it was 12:1

gg.
on predictit?

I bet on them not getting 50% of the popular vote... looks like I'm on my way to cash in.

Jay wrote:

I honestly didn't see this coming lol
maybe shouldn't have voted for Johnson :^)
Hillary won my state by 20 points probably (haven't checked yet)
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

Shahter wrote:

that's not to say that character traits are not very important things when deciding which member of the capitalist elite to choose to represent ones interests as president, but that's beside the point.
you just defined hillary as a MS sufferer as if it's a character assassination or pejorative. you spoke about an illness AS IF it were a character trait to be judged accordingly. curious as to why that would make someone an unsuitable candidate.

Last edited by uziq (2016-11-09 03:49:39)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you just defined hillary as a MS sufferer as if it's a character assassination or pejorative. you spoke about an illness AS IF it were a character trait to be judged accordingly. curious as to why that would make someone an unsuitable candidate.
i never said or implied that candidate for presidency should be judged based on their character traits. whatever makes you think i did - well, i'll just let you deal with that yourself. good day.

Last edited by Shahter (2016-11-09 04:18:31)

uziq
+492|3453

Shahter wrote:

well, congratulations, america. this was a tough one: sponge bob vs multiple sclerosis queen. enjoy the outcome.
yeah i'll just deal with what you did. which was make yourself look like an idiot by identifying and defining hillary as an MS sufferer. strange choice of insult. have a nice day, you moron.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia
oh, thank you, i'm perfectly happy to have a nice day knowing that you don't get what i mean. really. i am.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ty wrote:

This is going to be an interesting few months.
Didn't you think Trump was going to lose? How do you feel now?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Gracious in victory.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Once the new congress takes over, the GOP will have the power to undo everything single reform taken since 2008. It will be like the last 8 years didn't happen. I am most worried about criminal justice reform and what happens when Christ Christie or Rudy become attorney general.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It's going to be Giuliani.

And yes, Obamacare will likely be killed on the first day.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Clinton won the popular vote but still lost. The electoral college did the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do. I can't think of a worse outcome for how people are going to view the election system coming up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The electoral college was designed to give a slightly larger voice to rural areas than to more populated ones within a federal system. I'd say it functioned perfectly as designed.

Last edited by Jay (2016-11-09 08:29:37)

-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Everyone's voice should be equal. The EC is a weird system that you would expect to be a feature Turkmenistan's government rather than the alleged most premier democracy. A majority of the population just rejected Trump yet we are going to have to deal with him due to rural people needing their feelings to be pandered to.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Everyone's voice should be equal. The EC is a weird system that you would expect to be a feature Turkmenistan's government rather than the alleged most premier democracy. A majority of the population just rejected Trump yet we are going to have to deal with him due to rural people needing their feelings to be pandered to.
Well, if it was popular vote, candidates would just campaign in the major cities and the rest of the country would be left to rot. Unless you can think of a better way to include the entire country, I think it works ok. And yes, I know your kneejerk response will be that you're ok with candidates only spending time in the coastal cities because that aligns with who you want to have power anyway, but there are hundreds of millions of people in this country that wouldn't have a voice. We'd have another civil war, honestly.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
You are more likely to get a civil war when the majority of American's get a president they did not want because of an 18th century election system. There has been more cases of government trauma due to shifty elections than there have been because people in the woods don't get visited enough. The country's major population centers just got thrown under the bus.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You are more likely to get a civil war when the majority of American's get a president they did not want because of an 18th century election system. There has been more cases of government trauma due to shifty elections than there have been because people in the woods don't get visited enough. The country's major population centers just got thrown under the bus.
Do you really think so? I think Democratic dominance in the population centers suppresses would-be Republican voters because they say "what's the point, going to lose by 20 points anyway?". I don't think you'd get the Democrat dominance you think you would.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
The Republicans have only won the popular vote once in the last 24 years. There is nothing to suggest that the EC is keeping them down rather than propping them up.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Oh well, rural America is going to be the ones hurt by this the most anyway. Thee fundamental issues affecting small town usa isn't going anywhere but the services they user will get cut.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'd like to know when and why white men became the bogeyman though. When we're not voting we're considered boring. When we are voting it's OMG THE FUCKING RACIST ZOMBIE HORDE HAS BEEN UNLEASHED ON MANKIND AND ALL OF US ARE GOING TO BE PUT IN FEMA DEATHCAMPS AND SHIPPED OFF TO SIBERIA TO CHILL WITH PUTIN.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
There you go playing the race card.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I've had people telling me to check my privilege today because I told them there are no deathcamps and everything will be ok.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

Jay wrote:

I've had people telling me to check my privilege today because I told them there are no deathcamps and everything will be ok.
It is a well known fact here that you have an obnoxious social circle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard