unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Ignore the "speech" part. Just speech patterns.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Quote from NYT's about Trump's former press secretary running for governor.
“The Republican base is not interested in serious governing candidates,” said Tim Miller, who served as an adviser to former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida. “They want people who will ‘own the libs,’ and Sarah is perfect for that.”

While a grievance-first strategy may be ruinous to the party’s chances in swing states like Pennsylvania and Virginia, it resonates in a conservative state like Arkansas. “Pro-coup Trumpism is a meal ticket to success in a Republican primary,” Mr. Miller said.
Imagine being interested in upsetting liberals on the other side of the country more than caring about your state's well being.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

The damage done to their states will of course be blamed on Democrats at every level.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

“They want people who will ‘own the libs,’ and Sarah is perfect for that.”
These people are morons, but not unique to one side or America.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I feel like sometimes that's a copout. "Not unique to one side." "Both sides do it!" There were emotional, anguished reactions when Hillary lost in 2016, sure, but I don't remember anything like the Trump Raid from Democrats.

Some double-standards applied here too. "Get over it, Trump's your president now, cry more." "Trump supporters are just afraid and concerned for their country! It's perfectly understandable … "
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
"Capitol terrorist running away from media as she exits federal courthouse wearing GPS ankle bracelet"
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … ia_as_she/

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I feel like sometimes that's a copout. "Not unique to one side." "Both sides do it!" There were emotional, anguished reactions when Hillary lost in 2016, sure, but I don't remember anything like the Trump Raid from Democrats.

Some double-standards applied here too. "Get over it, Trump's your president now, cry more." "Trump supporters are just afraid and concerned for their country! It's perfectly understandable … "
Again, I would ask what did D-voters do that made Republicans so blood thirsty angry at us. All I want is universal healthcare and some more funding for schools. I have no interest in what goes on in Arkansas. I can't find it on a map and I had to Google to make sure I even spelled it correctly.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Well I didn't say all morons were violent.

Its easy to say the other side is stupid and irrational, form their perspective they'd say the same thing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I don't understand how it's one side's burden to admit to its own fallibilities in response to another side's childish outburst. Trumpers even admired the man for "not being afraid to say what he thinks." Now some of the ones I know beg for moderation or would rather change the topic. Not that I'm going to say no to not arguing  the same right-wing politics for the umpteenth time with a true believer, but still.

"Nevermind the raid, what about that one time a librul cried on their podcast?"

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I've said forever the average Republican is somewhat more childish, when the balance of power shifts they do an about face and flip all their arguments.
"He's the commander in chief, you can't disobey his will" etc
But they don't have a complete monopoly on stupid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

It's not you specifically. I just remark on how funny it is that this always seems to surface whenever a Republican(s) does something embarrassing, from people who have spent many recent years nitpicking comparatively minor liberal gaffes. "Both sides" is its own meme. Dismissive, highly generalized, and stripped of critical thought.

The sheer distance this sort of topic can wander is utterly incredible. Suddenly very interested in black people calling a white person names back in May or whatever in response to criticisms of recent MAGA militancy, it's like "yeah, ok."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Amazing how so many people are more wrapped up in the soap opera than making progress.

Here I know someone who watches PM questions because he "likes a good shouting match".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Let's not dwell on the past, guys:

Ted Cruz, Who Obsessed Over Clinton Emails, Wants To ‘Move On’ From Insurrection
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz … 586aa4f121

Now's the time for unity, cry Republicans who 100% would not have called for it had Biden lost. The Democrats should totally be the only people here expected to help pick up the pieces.

I think calling it a soap opera may be a bit reductive. There are a lot of consequences to political maneuverings and power plays. Not so much for whether Todd dates the nurse or elopes with the veterinarian, though both may result in daytime weeping by observers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Ted Cruz is such a steaming bag of piss
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ted Cruz wrote:

“If I'm elected president, I'll tell you this, the United States of America will stand unapologetically and unequivocally with the nation of Israel.”
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Very corny of the democrats to put the fire extinguisher cop on display in order to build support for impeachment. Did they not bury him for a month just to put him on display?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto
Had to keep the powder dry for the right moment. They're ready to shoot their shot.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
He was a Trump supporter. He wouldn't condone this.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I guess ICE has been getting a little rowdy. Their candidate definitely didn't win.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Fun.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Trouble at home?

MyPillow guy Mike Lindell gets canceled in Newsmax interview
https://www.yahoo.com/news/my-pillow-gu … 44725.html

Newsmax shuts down Dominion conspiracy theorist. Also mentions Bed Bath & Beyond stopped selling his merch, which is weird to me because I thought they were in the Trump family's sphere of influence.

Elsewhere:

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

old re:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Again, I would ask what did D-voters do that made Republicans so blood thirsty angry at us. All I want is universal healthcare and some more funding for schools. I have no interest in what goes on in Arkansas. I can't find it on a map and I had to Google to make sure I even spelled it correctly.
I don't think it's so much what D-voters did as what right-wing, forked-tongue propaganda has been accusing them of for the past several decades. Seen it from them from both sides of the fence, and boy is there ever a fence. It's particularly insidious how poisonous, baseless sentiment gets piggybacked in on what would otherwise be sometimes good or valid points. Literally destroying lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

old re:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't think it's so much what D-voters did as what right-wing, forked-tongue propaganda has been accusing them of for the past several decades. Seen it from them from both sides of the fence, and boy is there ever a fence. It's particularly insidious how poisonous, baseless sentiment gets piggybacked in on what would otherwise be sometimes good or valid points. Literally destroying lives.
I think a lot conservative arguments against liberal economics makes sense. I have stated before that I don't expect very many of our social problems to be solved by giving stuff away to lower income people. But calling someone a Marxist and making references to the Soviet Union in the same breath is going to make me not want to hear anymore from you. The same thing with a lot of Social Justice stuff. I don't like the references to Nazism/Fascism that a lot of liberals use when talking about right wingers. And I am again skeptical about a lot of the proposed liberal solutions to racial issues. But if someone makes a well thought out argument against BLM but then punctuates it by saying something about democrats hating white people then I don't really want to hear anything else from that person on any social issue.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I think it's hard for people to not draw at least some comparisons between the two when talking about personality cults.

Anyway I felt much the same about criticism of Hillary from the right. Opportunities for valid complaint drowned out in "she called us DePlOrAbLe!!"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
She called them deplorable. They responded back by calling her a cannibal pedophile. It's like a DST flame war in 2007.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

It really is, down to blowing the original comment way out of proportion. Vox sums it up neatly:

“You know,” Clinton said to a friendly crowd of wealthy donors this weekend, “to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it.”

With that odd turn of phrase — basket of deplorables — Clinton sent the media-politico ecosystem into a tizzy. Donald Trump’s campaign immediately took offense on behalf of his constituents, and Clinton rather rapidly apologized. But Trump has only escalated. At a Monday night rally in North Carolina, he accused Clinton of running a “hate-filled and negative campaign” and released a television ad built around the remark.
It kind of sucks that she got herself in a position where she was pressured to apologize for calling racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and Islamophobes "deplorable." If you were not any of those things, you were not called a deplorable. Boom went my email and unwanted political conversations, though, getting regurgitated commentary from contacts who only ever heard the spin. "Hillary Clinton Hates White People!" Yeah, ok.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard