Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

day 0 and america is rediscovering ... class? something like dignity?

goodbye to chintz, cover girls and grifters.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsEWSksXEAIcx8Y?format=jpg&name=large
What if I told you - even horses are LGBTQWERTYphobic

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I thought Trump's speech was pretty funny, it was as if the last few weeks never happened, and he got in a few digs like the 'China-virus'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
One of Trump's pardons - Charles Kushner

The witness-tampering charge arose from Kushner's act of retaliation against William Schulder, his sister Esther's husband, who was cooperating with federal investigators against Kushner. Kushner hired a prostitute he knew to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record a sexual encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister.
Larssen
+99|1886

uziq wrote:

i'm liking the all new and improved mitch mcconnell model already.

guy is suddenly standing up for truth. who knew all it took was losing the senate majority for him to start doing his good-man act?
I hate that it will be effective but it's such a classic snake move to 'change your ways' on literally the last day of a presidency.
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

day 0 and america is rediscovering ... class? something like dignity?

goodbye to chintz, cover girls and grifters.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsEWSksXEAIcx8Y?format=jpg&name=large
What if I told you - even horses are LGBTQWERTYphobic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyf6ewi7E8
is that what the flags are meant to be? it didn’t even occur to me.

it’s much better not being constantly enraged by the culture wars, isn’t it?

i just saw a sea of flags and a pretty classy, restrained way to do an inauguration in these strange and altered circumstances. you see LGBTQ+ lmao.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-20 01:46:57)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I assumed they were KKK hats.
uziq
+492|3450
aren’t the KKK broadly in line with your own views?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't know, I don't think I know much about them.
uziq
+492|3450
very odd how often you repeat the (very often) unsubstantiated or plain wrong claims of the right-wing, in that rarefied zone of citation-free supposition, and yet also claim to be totally ignorant of them all the time.

how long can you maintain the distancing act between the trumpist-breitbart axis and your own schtick?
Larssen
+99|1886
Doesn't much look like the lgbtq pattern to me. It's a tribute to the number of covid dead right? Wouldn't make sense to use that pattern.
uziq
+492|3450
yeah it never even crossed my mind it was an LGBTQ+ thing.

dilbert is evidently one of those people convinced that the biden presidency is a 'woke radical communist' faction already who are out to change america's identity forever.
uziq
+492|3450
ursula von der leyen:

The relief that many of us are feeling about the change of administration in Washington should not blind us to the fact that, although Donald Trump’s presidency may be history in just a few hours, his movement will not. More than 70 million Americans voted for him in the election. Just a few days ago, several hundred of them stormed the Capitol in Washington, the heart of American democracy.

That is what happens when words incite action. That is what happens when hate speech and fake news spread like wildfire through digital media. They become a danger to democracy.

Last August, several hundred right-wing extremists tried to storm the Reichstag building in Berlin. It is only thanks to the courage and vigilance of a handful of police officers that they were not successful. And we remember Jo Cox, the British Labour Member of Parliament who was murdered by a right-wing extremist in June 2016, during the torrid days leading up to the Brexit referendum. A deed which still makes us shudder today.

We must impose democratic limits on the untrammelled and uncontrolled political power of the internet giants. We want the platforms to be transparent about how their algorithms work. We cannot accept a situation where decisions that have a wide-ranging impact on our democracy are being made by computer programs without any human supervision.
so, just as i said, the europeans were queuing up to criticize private companies' banning people because they much prefer to legislate for it at the political level. a solution which i roundly agree with, in this case.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-20 04:19:59)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Decisions aren't being made 'by computer computer programs without any human supervision', unless we've passed judgement day.

Biden isn't a woke radical communist, von der leyen could easily be.
uziq
+492|3450
er, they literally are, that's how algorithms selecting what is shown on your news feed by default and what is filtered out works.

that's what decides to a large extent what adverts are seen on your profile, matched to their psychological profile built on your data, interactions, feedback, etc.

how much human supervision do you think there is of the individual user experience on facebook or youtube? lol.

yes, a human 'supervises' the algorithms by creating them, but, just as with any number of machine learning algorithms or supposed 'AI', these human designers in-build their own selection biases and assumptions to the models. and their operations, when live, are ultimately not accountable or transparent. especially when these algorithms are not designed with a criterion of 'fairness' or 'balance' but rather ad-driven or profit-motivated criteria of 'generating the most clicks'. the results are people driven further and further into frenzies of click-provoking content.

https://towardsdatascience.com/understa … 65e23900ac

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-20 04:56:10)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So if a person writes a computer program or algorithm which does something the designer is not accountable?

Great, I'm going to adapt the Huawei software to pick hipsters out of a crowd and install it in a flamethrower armed drone.
After I press go its not my responsibility because no-one is accountable, the algorithm took the decsions.

What they need to do is reinstate the fairness doctrine and make these platforms liable.
It'll be the end of political discussion on the internet, certainly this forum.
uziq
+492|3450
er, that's THEIR whole point. they want to make facebook more accountable for the consequences, designed or unintended, of their algorithms. they are evidently becoming extremely powerful tools which shape our social and political landscape today. their ramifications on increasing polarization, heated-up rhetoric, promulgation of misinformation and 'alternative facts', etc, are numerous.

how are you being this dumb? that is exactly what von der leyen just pointed out. that the social media tech giants have just set a top spinning and won't answer for their own algorithms' consequences.

What they need to do is reinstate the fairness doctrine and make these platforms liable.
i have already alluded to this many, many times. the social media companies want to get into the media/news organization world without any of the accountability or standards that govern their communications. the fairness doctrine is certainly a very imperfect one, but it betokens the efforts which publishing or media companies have to go to in order to be 'fair' and 'balanced' in a democratic society. those standards are important in public communication; if people are being presented with a political slant or bias account, they need to be informed of it.

facebook and co. pretend to be a faceless, impartial 'platform', but actually their ad spaces and algorithms are highly tailored to certain ends. people are not aware of that, in the main, or at least not how it pertains to their own data and 'profile'. the objective, balanced picture is nowhere to be found. most users aren't even aware that the results that show on their feed when they visit aren't even an 'even' spread of their contacts' output; even the basic feed is tailored towards what the system thinks you want to see.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-20 05:28:36)

uziq
+492|3450
'Trump pardoning a guy indicted by the Trump Justice Department for defrauding Trump supporters over the fake Trump wall is a fitting ending to the Trump presidency.'

https://twitter.com/juliusgoat/status/1 … 52640?s=21
a thread.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-20 06:18:14)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
guis we gotta new prez now
Larssen
+99|1886
His message and delivery is about as exciting as you'd expect from a 78 year old.

But fuck it after 4 years Trump, I take it.
uziq
+492|3450
well, it's a bit like watching a sports event without the audience and crowd noise. it was always going to be a muted ceremony in covid-year.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
So Biden plans a slew of executives orders to be enacted today. Most of it undoing EO's from Trump.

This means Trump's major accomplishments during his time in office is: a tax cuts bill and some judges.

Major negatives: 400,000 COVID deaths, 3 million less jobs than when he took office, 2 impeachments. Returning the house and senate to democrats after 8 and 6 years of Republican control respectively.

And there will still be people who call him the best president ever.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1886
The fuck is with this guy hugging and shaking hands lmao
uziq
+492|3450
oh god they've got a slam poet involved. they all read their poems in the exact same fucking way.

every line ends. like. THIS
Larssen
+99|1886
This is like a light version of rapping
uziq
+492|3450
yeah slam poetry is basically just rapping. lots of sprung and internal rhymes.

every line rhymes about 4 times and it affects that breathless, rushing, omg-i'm-getting-meaningful thing.

i hate it.

but, fuck, she's 22. beautiful girl. gooooood luck to her.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard