unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

a Democratic Party willing to use a pandemic to ruin the economy simply to harm the president’s chances at reelection.
Damn Democrats
Wa-Times is a trip. It's like reading a softer newsmax.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
"The Right Opinion"
uziq
+492|3452
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

re: "is anyone even listening to president trump anymore?"

140 Republicans expected to back Trump’s Electoral College challenge 1/1
https://nypost.com/2021/01/01/140-repub … challenge/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
I realized the other day that the whole election was almost 2 months ago and hardcore Trumpists haven't stopped moving their goalposts since. The rest of the world has moved on and probably doesn't even know what the hell the zaniest fraud theories are. My brother said he'd had the good fortune to never have even heard who Lin Wood is. I'm really nervous about the conspiratorial talk that has been building and feels like it's going to get someone shot. Speaking of Lin Wood, apparently he went on a rant about how somehow Mike Pence is gonna be arrested for treason and executed along with John Roberts, and this is who a lot of Trump Republicans follow as their guiding light.

In both outcomes, it feels unsteady. Biden taking office will be seen as a stolen election by corrupt forces as the CEO of Antifa sells their children's blood to China (or whatever), and some unscrupulous fucks will feed the frenzy with violent rhetoric. Conversely, if Trump somehow pulls off this coup and remains in power, the populace who's moved on would rightly be appalled and react strongly to it, at which point the "stop the steal" folks will gladly engage in meeting any unrest from that.
uziq
+492|3452
there is no way trump is staging a coup at this point. aren’t even the military against it?

i read a news story that biden has to have an entirely new secret service detail because many of the current l  or are dyed-in-the-wool trump believers. jesus talk about the ‘deep state’. the trump presidency has been a toxic cloud.
DesertFox-
I agree it's unlikely to be successful, but much like his crimes from impeachment, does the fact that he's doing it out in the open rather than secretly make it any less damaging? I'm sure a majority of the military would be against it, but I'm sure there's some die-hards in there who would go for whatever Trump says. He's already cast doubt on the election legitimacy to sow this chaos that is the absolute worst thing to have to ensure a peaceful transition of power.

I read something too about how they're bringing back some old faces from Biden's VP time for some reasons like that. It wouldn't surprise me if somehow certain secret service people somehow have been taken by Trump's "charm" I guess is the word for it?
Larssen
+99|1888
It's unlikely any attempt will be succesful, but it's a certainty Trump and his cabal have bred a new generation of hatred. I wasn't around to witness how bad divides were during the vietnam era or any time before, but it is hard to imagine either side will walk away from this and forget about it. To me it seems like many in US politics are convinced they're engaged in warfare, and any means deemed necessary are used to 'win'. Be it vilification, misinformation or even rattling the foundations of your democracy. None of the events of the past years spell a bright common future. Rather one can only see a rift that especially the republicans are eager to widen.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Meanwhile Iran is upping its nuclear enrichment and Trump is sending B52s on patrol.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55509048

https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-eas … 56mlb.html

Anything could happen in the next few weeks.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

uziq wrote:

there is no way trump is staging a coup at this point. aren’t even the military against it?

i read a news story that biden has to have an entirely new secret service detail because many of the current l  or are dyed-in-the-wool trump believers. jesus talk about the ‘deep state’. the trump presidency has been a toxic cloud.
Republicans and Trump supporters are still fishing around and testing the water for sentiment that would support an overthrow. Arizona politicians' unironic "would you die for him" meme is still making the rounds in various forms and guises, using the allegations of massive election fraud as a platform. And there's also the article I linked. It very much is not over, in spite of the world having moved on. I wish the man would just retire, fill a presidential library with personal propaganda, and go play golf.

There's also the matter of the entire country hanging on single states for things like securing legislative majority. McConnel's run was closely monitored. Kentucky and Georgia might as well be alien planets for someone living on the left coast.

Sarcastic news comments section would be like "yeah, that's how countries work." Very helpful, of course.
uziq
+492|3452
the WaPo phone recording of trump and the secretary of GA is crazy. trump literally trying to interfere in an election. 'i just need to find 11k votes'. wow.
Larssen
+99|1888
I can't imagine he'll just say 'ok I'm out' come january 20th.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The full call was like an hour long? What juicy tidbits are we missing.

I guess the playbook for a party that has a virtual monopoly over the ears of its voters is they get to lower themselves to any standard they want and then claim, unopposed, that they're merely playing to the level of the democrats.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Republicans and Trump supporters are still fishing around and testing the water for sentiment that would support an overthrow. Arizona politicians' unironic "would you die for him" meme is still making the rounds in various forms and guises, using the allegations of massive election fraud as a platform. And there's also the article I linked. It very much is not over, in spite of the world having moved on. I wish the man would just retire, fill a presidential library with personal propaganda, and go play golf.

There's also the matter of the entire country hanging on single states for things like securing legislative majority. McConnel's run was closely monitored. Kentucky and Georgia might as well be alien planets for someone living on the left coast.

Sarcastic news comments section would be like "yeah, that's how countries work." Very helpful, of course.
The Republicans have believed they're the sole rightful rulers of America for decades, they're looking more and more like the clown at the end of It: Chapter 2

https://i.redd.it/77f3pseikpb41.jpg

Doesn't mean they're not dangerous
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

"The Party of Lincoln!"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, the staunchly conservative freshman from Northwest Georgia, told CNN that she is traveling with Trump to the state on Monday. She attacked Raffensperger when asked if she had any concerns about Trump's call to the Georgia secretary of state.

"I think our secretary of state has failed Georgia," Greene said. "I believe our elections should be decertified."

Asked if doing so would then impact her and other Georgia Republicans, all of whom were elected on the same ballot, Greene said: "We're just talking about the President's race."
I know none of this matters at all but it would be interesting to see how she would respond to follow up questions about why she is against only presidential votes in her state.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
The numbers coming out of Georgia look good for democrats so far. I wonder how the GOP will react tomorrow if it turns out they lost their majority.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto
I know how they'll react, but I can't wait to see how nuts the theories can get on what the Democrats did to pull it off. It's sport at this point. If I were in a creative writing class and asked to cook up a tinfoil tale I wouldn't be able to do it half as well at my max effort.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The numbers coming out of Georgia look good for democrats so far. I wonder how the GOP will react tomorrow if it turns out they lost their majority.
Call for armed insurrection. At least some of them will, they already have been.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Call for armed insurrection. At least some of them will, they already have been.
If Republicans don't keep control of the Senate following Tuesday's dual runoff elections in Georgia, the political divide in the United States will shift from a "cold Civil War" to a "full-scale hot conflict," Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, warned Monday.

"If we have a Democratically-controlled Senate, we are now basically at full-scale hot conflict in this country, whereas right now we’re at a cold Civil War," Roy told "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

"We have a major problem where the American people, the regular people out there that are working every day, hard-working Americans, they are getting trampled by a system that is rigged against them," Roy said.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi … y-congress
"Published 23 hours ago"

I saw the same article on Brietbart and they were much more enthusiastic about a civil war. I wouldn't be surpirsed if Fox News is moderating their comment section though. Still as I said multiple times before when people talk about an American Civil War, neither side would gain a victory that would make the whole thing worth it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

America is being gaslit by the Republican party, so nothing new there.

Someone, somewhere, is fondling their gun in loving anticipation, or posting awkward militant stuff on their younger relatives' facebook wall.
DesertFox-
I'm not paying attention at all yet; no need fretting over it in the interval. My presumption going in was that it was the Republicans race to lose, but we'll see.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Tucker Carlson himself is a huge can of worms. Where to even begin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard