unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I was talking to a friend about sports being blind hero worship and he immediately thought i was talking about him defending Trump. Completely out of context. Ive never once had a conversation with him about Trump or his personal politics.

He is one of those people who has gone from not caring about politics to making it a big part of who he is in the last 4 years. Unfortunately for him he does not understand how the US government works enough to make any type of coherent or intelligent defense of our current government, which also means he can't address critical failure points and instead resorts to nonsense.

But hey, I'm sure his opinions do well in whatever online echochamber he's insulated himself in!
Trump Derangement Syndrome was always self-referential.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

uziq wrote:

https://twitter.com/sarahleah1/status/1341586848364326912?s=21

deth 2 amerikkka
The people who killed all of the civilians should go to prison. But it is ironic that if you shoot them while on foot, you are a war criminal but if you drop a bomb on them from a drone then they are just collateral damage.

I have more thoughts on this but I am being censored by cancel culture.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3453
i mean, presumably the people up close to them on foot, opening fire, can tell that they don't pose an active threat and are civilians. a drone strike, for all of its much-vaunted accuracy and surveillance dominion, is still not as good as being 75 yards from someone.

buT wHY doN't mExiCaNs TeRroRiSE the US
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
The kid was going to grow up to be a terrorist anyway 🤷🏽‍♂️
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i mean, presumably the people up close to them on foot, opening fire, can tell that they don't pose an active threat and are civilians. a drone strike, for all of its much-vaunted accuracy and surveillance dominion, is still not as good as being 75 yards from someone.

Then the drone operators need to take more care, a dead civilian is a dead civilian.

And I imagine when bombs are going off and bullets flying around its hard to for an infantryman to tell who is who.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trump probably has no choice but to announce a run for 2024.
If he doesn't he's no use to Putin and he'll release the videos of hookers pissing on Trump and recall his debts.
uziq
+492|3453

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Then the drone operators need to take more care, a dead civilian is a dead civilian.

And I imagine when bombs are going off and bullets flying around its hard to for an infantryman to tell who is who.
both the australian unit and the blackwater guys just opened fire on passive civilians or captured old people. 'when the bullets are flying' lol.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Obviously, still the drone operator/commander who launches a strike knowing 50% of the casualties are sure to be collateral, or maybe 100% if the intel is wrong and there's a 50% chance of that, is just as culpable.
And these decisions are taken in invulnerable comfort.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

A lot of the civilian deaths would result in a mission failed in ultra violent video games. Except for that stupid Call of Duty game where you were supposed to (but could just follow the other assholes without firing a single shot).

To be "fair" to Trump, it's not the first time a US politician in a leadership position got pissy and pardoned a bunch of horrible people as a fuck you. Maybe pardoning power is too open for abuse.
Larssen
+99|1888
So Trump has now pardoned multiple war criminals and people like roger stone and paul manafort. Not just referencing the blackwater guys here, but the 'navy seal hero' eddie gallagher who walked up to a wounded captured enemy combatant, who was being tended to by ANA medics and then knifed him to death by stabbing him in the neck. The guy was described by direct colleagues as pure evil, but pardoned by Trump.

It gets better:

He was also accused by fellow Navy SEAL snipers of randomly shooting two Iraqi civilians: a girl walking with her friends on a riverbank; and an unarmed elderly man.
Honestly, if I were a democrat, I'd consider any republican who supports this a traitor. Simple as. You have to draw a line at some point.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-12-24 05:31:35)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

It could be that the president is trying to create a sort of fatigue in following terrible pardon news so by the time he pardons those closer to him, people will care less.
uziq
+492|3453

Larssen wrote:

So Trump has now pardoned multiple war criminals and people like roger stone and paul manafort. Not just referencing the blackwater guys here, but the 'navy seal hero' eddie gallagher who walked up to a wounded captured enemy combatant, who was being tended to by ANA medics and then knifed him to death by stabbing him in the neck. The guy was described by direct colleagues as pure evil, but pardoned by Trump.

It gets better:

He was also accused by fellow Navy SEAL snipers of randomly shooting two Iraqi civilians: a girl walking with her friends on a riverbank; and an unarmed elderly man.
Honestly, if I were a democrat, I'd consider any republican who supports this a traitor. Simple as. You have to draw a line at some point.
i made this exact statement about guys like this months ago when it was in the news cycle and you and dilbert chimed in with 'yes but war is terribly confusing and fighting an insurgency is very difficult and messy stuff ...'. nah, some of these guys are pure evil and are only out there to hunt scalps and claim trophies. all of the information you've just repeated was commonly reported in the news coverage at the time.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Obviously these guys are criminals, I've never condoned that.
What is tiresome is the bigger criminals get off scot-free.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Nobody's truly scot-free while scotland still exists.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We can wall them in, it almost worked before.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

They'll just pelt Northumbria with golf balls and empty bottles.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They do that anyway.
uziq
+492|3453
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqaalqUXIAEfO-u?format=jpg&name=medium

god, please can another administration take over already and end this teenager's proto-fascist wet dream.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
But... Star Trek

https://picard.ytmnd.com/
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Youre the man now, Dog
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

uziq wrote:

god, please can another administration take over already and end this teenager's proto-fascist wet dream.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/space … -concepts/

"Miscaptioned"

Origin
The idea of a United States Space Force (USSF) has been the subject of controversy (and even some derision), but it officially became a new branch of U.S. Armed Forces with the enactment of the 2020 National Defense Authorization on Dec. 20, 2019.

About a year after the creation of the USSF, social media users began sharing a graphic purporting to offer dress uniform concepts for the Space Force:

However, this “Modern Service Dress Concept” is notated as being “Unofficial,” and it apparently originated with a Reddit post titled “Imagining a 21st century dress uniform for USSF — happy holidays and happy new year!.”

As the Task & Purpose military community website reported of these conceptual designs, they’re “not something that the Space Force is considering adopting”:

[i]t is not something that the Space Force is considering adopting, said Maj. Nicholas Mercurio, a spokesman for the service.

“The uniform graphic being shared on social media is not an official U.S. Space Force uniform design concept,” Mercurio told Task & Purpose. “The Space Force service dress uniform is still in development.”
By David Mikkelson
Published 29 December 2020
thank *#&

I don't really see a reason to change anything from the Air Force uniform for a "Space Force" except maybe insignias.

The US can't even defend itself from a virus. Space Force memes.
uziq
+492|3453
thanks for the snopes. the more you know.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Snopes isn't good enough for dilbert iirc. An old man probably shouldn't be calling snopes users flatulent, glass houses y'know.

Anyway, more of this:

Biden says Trump appointees are obstructing transition efforts
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-says-trump … 27270.html

Of course there's a limited number of things a lot of the political appointees can do to get in the way or interfere with their own departments' functions, but it's still bad.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The Mohr pardon:
Trump’s worst pardon is one you haven’t heard about
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions … ce-georges (No wa-po? Just open images in new tab.)

Violent problem officer, repeat k-9 assaults, testified against by fellow police, jury didn't even hear the whole array of misdeeds. Just the person deserving of release.

Let's see what the "center-right" Washington Times says:
Stephanie Mohr deserves a presidential pardon
Lost 10 years of her life in prison for a dog bite
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … al-pardon/

It's like two different universes.

Reading on in Washington Times:
Trump not just admired, but appreciated
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … irculation

[…]

Keep in mind, this poll comes during a year where Mr. Trump has endured the worst the swamp had to throw at him. Like every year before this one, he has faced lies, wildly absurd accusations and a Democratic Party willing to use a pandemic to ruin the economy simply to harm the president’s chances at reelection.

Social and legacy media either directly censored him, refused to cover him or lied about his activities, his work and success.

Despite all of this, the more than 74 million votes Mr. Trump won in the Nov. 3 election was the most received by an incumbent president running for reelection ever. The president continues to assert that he won that election, and this columnist, like tens of millions of other Americans, agrees with him.

[…]
Retch.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

a Democratic Party willing to use a pandemic to ruin the economy simply to harm the president’s chances at reelection.
Damn Democrats

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard