Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Yeah? Are we going to nationalize all the hospitals and make all the doctors government employees?  Moron.
Who said anything about nationalizing every hospital? Have a federal government insurance plan available to everyone and introduce price controls. You don't have to take over hospitals and people can buy supplemental insurance.
Oh, so we create shortages just for fun and watch people die. I really wish you had taken an economics course. You come across as incredibly stupid when you advocate stuff like this.
or you know, people are dying because they can't afford medicine's that are jacked up prices.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Oh, so we create shortages just for fun and watch people die. I really wish you had taken an economics course. You come across as incredibly stupid when you advocate stuff like this.

We effectively have single payer health insurance right now. Every detail of the plans offered by the insurance companies is dictated to them by HHS. They simply get to collect a small bit of profit in exchange for being the bad guy in the system.

Seriously, go smoke a bong and feel the Bern or something and stop posting. Ktnxbai
We already have healthcare shortages and people. If people want to get ahead of the line for services they can buy private insurance plans like they do in other countries with NHSs.

I have taken economic courses. From what I have learned, the advanced economies of the rest of the world have National Healthcare Services. Many of them with the exact same system I just described. I am sure your college courses at Naval school were better than the economic courses of the top schools in France, U.K. Austria, Japan etc. I'm sure you got some inside knowledge they don't.
When you institute price controls you create shortages. It's economics 101 stuff.

When England and the rest set up their systems they were extensions of military hospitals. Hospitals and health care for the public were new and small. It wasn't until the early 1900s that medical care became common. We've now had a century of private health care with millions of people who have a vested interest in the status quo. Do you think doctors will willingly reduce their pay from $250k a year down to the $80k ot so that doctors in the UK make? No, they'll fucking retire. Same with nurses.

Oh, and you'd need a constitutional amendment for the nationalizations. Good luck.
100k pounds a year being a GP is pretty good salary and they're happy with it which is almost double the figure you're touting.

The reason why your doctors charge so much is coz your medical school fees are super high compared to rest of the world.

Just because there is a national health system doesn't mean there aren't private hospitals where doctors can choose to work for.

I'm pretty sure national health policy makers and economic advisors know a lot more than you in this field Jay.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Who said anything about nationalizing every hospital? Have a federal government insurance plan available to everyone and introduce price controls. You don't have to take over hospitals and people can buy supplemental insurance.
or you know, people are dying because they can't afford medicine's that are jacked up prices.
People die every day, everywhere. No one can be denied medical treatment in this country whether they have insurance or not. Here it might bankrupt them, but at least they won't be subjected to wait lists and rationed care like they are in countries with NHS.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nothing would need to be nationalised, derp.

They could follow the theory you throw around for other industries - set up an NHS, pay globally competitive (ie much less than the US) salaries, let anyone from anywhere in the world have free entry to the US if they have a medical degree - shortage problem solved.

The medical industry is another example of how special interest groups manipulate the 'free market'. When you can restrict the available medical training, and restrict qualified people from entering the country then it is easy to bump your salary to $250k plus. This in an industry where its been shown time and again an expert system produces much better outcomes than a GP or consultant on $250k-$1m plus.
Anecdotally all the medical professionals I've dealt with have been lazy ignorant and useless, you're better off looking stuff up in a book and arranging tests yourself.
The doctors I've dealt with here are almost all on the frantic side. It's the consequence of not being a lazy unionized government employee with no incentive to see more patients than the minimum prescribed daily quota. The only time I've seen laziness was at the VA hospital where all of that applied.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

People die every day, everywhere. No one can be denied medical treatment in this country whether they have insurance or not. Here it might bankrupt them, but at least they won't be subjected to wait lists and rationed care like they are in countries with NHS.
If you are poor you can go to a hospital and get emergency medical treatment. They will send you a bill.

Get cancer? Lol you are going to die. You aren't entitled to long-term cancer care.

#1 greatest country in the world.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nothing would need to be nationalised, derp.

They could follow the theory you throw around for other industries - set up an NHS, pay globally competitive (ie much less than the US) salaries, let anyone from anywhere in the world have free entry to the US if they have a medical degree - shortage problem solved.

The medical industry is another example of how special interest groups manipulate the 'free market'. When you can restrict the available medical training, and restrict qualified people from entering the country then it is easy to bump your salary to $250k plus. This in an industry where its been shown time and again an expert system produces much better outcomes than a GP or consultant on $250k-$1m plus.
Anecdotally all the medical professionals I've dealt with have been lazy ignorant and useless, you're better off looking stuff up in a book and arranging tests yourself.
The doctors I've dealt with here are almost all on the frantic side. It's the consequence of not being a lazy unionized government employee with no incentive to see more patients than the minimum prescribed daily quota. The only time I've seen laziness was at the VA hospital where all of that applied.
yeah because people are suddenly lazy in the medical profession because they're paid by the government and don't have financial incentives to push happy pills to people that don't need them.

free market right.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
There are probably more people that need happy pills than people who get it. I know a lot of people who were helped by it and even more who would be better off if they had some and a person to talk to.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Donald Trump makes members of his Orlando crowd raise their right hands and swear to vote in the primary.
https://i.imgur.com/YEwF7O1.png

Oh god it actually happened. hahaha
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Is it at all surprising that Trump would demand an oath of allegiance to Trump?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ron Paul wrote:

The Republican presidential debates have become so heated and filled with insults, it almost seems we are watching a pro wrestling match. There is no civility, and I wonder whether the candidates are about to come to blows. But despite what appears to be total disagreement among them, there is one area where they all agree. They all promise that if elected they will “rebuild the military.”

What does “rebuild the military” mean? Has the budget been gutted? Have the useless weapons programs like the F-35 finally been shut down? No, the United States still spends more on its military than the next 14 countries combined. And the official military budget is only part of the story. The total spending on the US empire is well over one trillion dollars per year. Under the Obama Administration the military budget is still 41 percent more than it was in 2001, and seven percent higher than at the peak of the Cold War.

Russia, which the neocons claim is the greatest threat to the United States, spends about one-tenth what we do on its military. China, the other “greatest threat,” has a military budget less than 25 percent of ours.

Last week the Pentagon announced it is sending a small naval force of US warships to the South China Sea because, as Commander of the US Pacific Command Adm. Harry Harris told the House Armed Services Committee, China is militarizing the area. Yes, China is supposedly militarizing the area around China, so the US is justified in sending its own military to the area. Is that a wise use of the US military?

The US military maintains over 900 bases in 130 countries. It is actively involved in at least seven wars right now, including in Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, and elsewhere. US Special Forces are deployed in 134 countries across the globe. Does that sound like a military that has been gutted?

I do not agree with the presidential candidates, but I do agree that the military needs to be rebuilt. I would rebuild it in a very different way, however. I would not rebuild it according to the demands of the military-industrial complex, which cares far more about getting rich than about protecting our country. I would not rebuild the military so that it can overthrow more foreign governments who refuse to do the bidding of Washington’s neocons. I would not rebuild the military so that it can better protect our wealthy allies in Europe, NATO, Japan, and South Korea. I would not rebuild the military so that it can better occupy countries overseas and help create conditions for blowback here at home.

No. The best way to really “rebuild” the US military would be to stop abusing the military in the first place. The purpose of the US military is to defend the United States. It is not to make the world safe for oil pipelines, or corrupt Gulf monarchies, or NATO, or Israel. Unlike the neocons who are so eager to send our troops to war, I have actually served in the US military. I understand that to keep our military strong we must constrain our foreign policy. We must adopt a policy of non-intervention and a strong defense of this country. The neocons will weaken our country and our military by promoting more war. We need to “rebuild” the military by restoring as its mission the defense of the United States, not of Washington’s overseas empire.
I wish he was in the race
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

Ron Paul
Stopped reading there.

https://zxq9.com/dodcac/F13-32/tldrpowell2.jpg
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3960|SL,UT

'Merica get's what it deserves at this point . . .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
As if we had a say in who ran
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Greatest democracy in the world - Isn't it great?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You don't have a say either
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Libertarians reject democracy's existence because there has never in history been a libertarian government elected to national office. The only vaguely libertarian countries were the result of social collapse. Voters do not recommend.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Lol
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
See. You couldn't even google one to respond.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

You don't have a say either
I don't live in a one-party plutocracy at least.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Libertarians reject democracy's existence because there has never in history been a libertarian government elected to national office. The only vaguely libertarian countries were the result of social collapse. Voters do not recommend.
I don't reject democracy's existence, I just don't pretend I live in one. I also dislike democracy in principle because I find that people tend to be wiser as individuals than they are when grouped into a mob.

What you're really, and quite dishonestly trying to veil, is that I don't believe in autocracy, and you would be correct. I don't believe in scientific governance or strong man governance, because while I may be an engineer by trade, I understand how foolhardy it is to attempt to control and steer people.

I've designed intricate building automation systems that control every pump, motor, fan and setpoint within the building. These controls systems are then turned over to operators who watch blinking lights but don't understand how to really operate it or fix it. When the thing inevitably breaks they panic and cause a bunch of damage. In the end it would've been cheaper to build a dumb system with a properly trained staff.

I see regulations and attempts at scientific governance as the same, causing the same issues. Instead of teaching people how to take care of themselves we promise to have the government and it's band of merry bureaucrats ride in to take the load off. No longer will you have to worry about saving for retirement, we've got you covered... until the system runs out of money and leaves people empty handed... no longer will you have to worry about defending your home, we've got police for that... until they start being the killers...
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Again with this bi-polar thinking....

You can have regulation and democracy at the same time as self-reliance and freedom.
Maybe not America, the people are just too dumb?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

You can have regulation and democracy at the same time as self-reliance and freedom.
They're mutually exclusive. How can I have a regulation that imposes a tariff on all imports and maintain my freedom of choice when certain companies are favored by the scheme?
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3452

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

They're mutually exclusive. How can I have a regulation that imposes a tariff on all imports and maintain my freedom of choice when certain companies are favored by the scheme?
no they are not mutually exclusive. governance consists in nuance and subtle thinking, problems understood as particulars rather than generals. your moronic way of blundering from one pole to another is totalitarian and only equals one hypocritical despotism or the other. libertarianism is a pipe dream arising from muddled thinking and rash solutions to complex issues. same shit with fascism and communism. you elevate some unattainable ideal above the lived reality and concrete detail of the thing. society is not a building plan and it doesn't have a mathematical schematic.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

no they are not mutually exclusive. governance consists in nuance and subtle thinking, problems understood as particulars rather than generals. your moronic way of blundering from one pole to another is totalitarian and only equals one hypocritical despotism or the other. libertarianism is a pipe dream arising from muddled thinking and rash solutions to complex issues. same shit with fascism and communism. you elevate some unattainable ideal above the lived reality and concrete detail of the thing. society is not a building plan and it doesn't have a mathematical schematic.
Precisely. The point is to be free of the mathematical diagrams and to be free to live an organic life where your choices are your own, not forced upon you by well meaning, but ultimately flawed, technocrats. Libertarianism isn't a form of government, it's a way of thinking about government. It's an ethical system.
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ty wrote:

The uncomfortable reality is that War Man represents a significant proportion of the voting public who are basing their support for Trump on nothing but the fact they find him amusing. Notice he shored up support for himself during the debate by talking about his penis.

Never mind the fact he has no policies, he's declared corporate bankruptcy four times, and would drive American's reputation into the sewer - the man knows how to jiggle those keys.
No, the fact that he is amusing is just a bonus. Real reason is I am disgusted by the establishment grouping together and gaining on him, trying to determine their candidate for the party instead of the voters. I cannot just stand by and let that happen, my voting for Trump is a simple message to the establishment Republicans to fucking knock it off. I am pissed even at Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney, whom I used to have respect for both, for joining in at the gaining on the Republicans. I am not seeing as much of this bullshit in the Democratic side as I am with the Republicans and that needs to fucking change.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard