Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Larssen
Member
+55|691
100.000 people hospitalised in the US, winning
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+431|2523
I need a fuck your feelings Grunt Style ™ shirt. Please help. The veterans need my money.
https://i.redd.it/1iqnu4xp9z261.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,900|5435|949

Buy it for your reddit secret santa
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,715|4909|eXtreme to the maX

Larssen wrote:

100,000 people hospitalised in the US, winning
Fixed
Epstein didn't kill himself
Larssen
Member
+55|691
You are wrong
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+431|2523
Well that's a wrap then. Trump was just able to prove electoral fraud in Georgia. Watch the video:
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+756|5488|United States of America
I have been following some of the less reality-based areas of reddit since the election to keep an eye on the batshit craziness. A couple things I've learned are that:
1. Certain people have never put in the effort to pay attention to an election before
2. Certain people have a very weak grasp on what defines "proof", especially in a legal sense
3. Certain people will sooner accept complex narratives involving perfect synchronicity of many thousands of people rather than entertain the idea their preconceived notions were wrong
uziq
Member
+379|2255
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,868|5575|USA

I guess the Arizona Republicans asked people if they'd be willing to die for trump and then posted some quotes from Rambo.

This is where the country is at.
lil_droo
Member
+17|298

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I guess the Arizona Republicans asked people if they'd be willing to die for trump and then posted some quotes from Rambo.

This is where the country is at.
The live for nothing or die for something quote? That's badass lol retarded but badass
gang shit
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+756|5488|United States of America
It's a bit of a shame we lost our resident conservative voices before the election. Jay only needed to stick around a tad longer. I'm very curious what levels of cope we would have observed from them. Even the "thinking man's Republicans" reading Reason or the National Review seem to be split.

The conspiracy goalposts keep getting shifted further and further back as important deadlines pass. When the EC votes, I reckon this Texas lawsuit will become the new star until it gets dismissed.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,868|5575|USA

uziq
Member
+379|2255
they all look and behave like NPCs in a GTA game. they’re cartoonish.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+431|2523
All I see are a bunch of people living in the moment, fighting for what they believe in.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,868|5575|USA

So I'm currently logged out of youtube on a browser refresh, and haven't used google since. I am getting the strangest video recommends:


What is this twilight zone? Comments are the icing on the cake.
uziq
Member
+379|2255
so 100-something GOP house members have lost their fucking minds, right? enabling conspiracies and burning the constitutional process.

there is a significant proto-fascist element in the republican party today. they have switched their allegiance to a strongman.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+756|5488|United States of America
The nakedness of it is alarming. I'd always assumed a wannabe dictator would be somewhat charismatic and have some clever trick to get people on board. Now is just grifters lying through their teeth for a payday. And as we saw with Fox News, anyone who expresses doubt in the slightest is discarded as a deep stater, a secret lib. The most outlandish statement wins, and the base is so goddamn sure about it. First Trump was the clear favorite to win (but the biased media wouldn't say that), then he had the edge on election day, then the late Georgia/Pennsylvania results would seal it for him, then there were recounts, then unspecific fraud allegations, the state lawsuits, Sidney Powell's "kraken", and now this Texas suit. Cons already are denouncing John Roberts as not playing for the team.

Can't wait...
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+431|2523
The fact that they are using this to make money is probably why it is so naked and successful. I think the fact that Trump is a trashy is also why he does so well since a lot of Americans are in fact trashy. I think someone smart enough to pull off a coup in America doesn't have the trashy charm to create a cult of personality like Trump has built. Trump's twitter habit is often lamented by "very srs republicans" who probably don't realize that his twitter stupidity is both fatally detrimental to his ability to lead and unite the country but also the reason why he was able to build a cult of stupid people.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+756|5488|United States of America
It's weird for me to see the Republican criticism of AOC as it has materialized before my eyes with her career. Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Maxine Waters had been boogeymen well before I was aware of politics so this is different for me.

Recently, post-election she said something about remembering those who were complacent and enabled Trump, clearly referring to government figures. Right-wingers ran with that meaning "she wants to put all of us on a list to send to her commie gulag!", greatly exaggerating their own importance. Much like Clinton's "deplorables" comment, a statement about a specific group got laundered into an elite attack on average Joe's. It also allowed "centrists" to equivocate "I don't like the idea of making lists of your opponents" as though that were the goal instead of... not ignoring corruption.

More recently, her campaign started selling "Tax the Rich" and "Green New Deal" merch, as many politicians do to find their campaigns. The smoothest of brains somehow think it's a gotcha moment that selling goods is capitalism and a "socialist" who sells things is a hypocrite. The biggest target of criticism has been a $58, originally $65, sweatshirt that Republicans allege "only the wealthy can afford." Being political gear, there's likely some added cost to give to the campaign per item rather than breaking even, but also this item is made by union workers in the US, so it'll undoubtedly be more than sweatshop prices. The disingenuousness is off the charts with these criticisms. You can find all sorts of official political merch that is comparable price and made overseas, especially from Trump, and that price isn't going to break the bank for anyone who wants to buy one. What these people say they believe in is such a charade, because you can do everything right and they'll entangle themselves in a web of bullshit to criticize some aspect.

The other "gotcha" is that the small area of sweatshirt cuffs and waist have 20% of petroleum-derived synthetic fabric. She's basically an oil baron.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+431|2523

DF wrote:

The biggest target of criticism has been a $58, originally $65, sweatshirt that Republicans allege "only the wealthy can afford."
Literal self own. I am no fashion model but I do have dress up clothes  that cost that much just to look presentable at work to kids who eat glue.

Anyway, I have said this before but I will reiterate that I have no interest in reaching out to, compromising with, or hearing out Trump supporters and almost any other Republicans too. I read National Review, and The Dispatch to at least read some of their ideas and I am fairly moderate in fact too. But I will cut off people or unfollow them if they make politics especially pro-Trump or better yet anti-Democrat stuff an identity or common conversation topic. I don't talk politics at all on Facebook or real life outside of immediate family. I would like to say I am a cipher but people probably assume I am not a Trump fan by just looking at me and that's a positive in my book.

You seem like a nice fellow. You should probably adopt the "no politics" approach. I don't understand what is wrong with Newbie though. Either he likes to hear the opinions of Trumpist or they just can't stop trying to convert him.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,868|5575|USA

DesertFox- wrote:

The nakedness of it is alarming. I'd always assumed a wannabe dictator would be somewhat charismatic and have some clever trick to get people on board. Now is just grifters lying through their teeth for a payday. And as we saw with Fox News, anyone who expresses doubt in the slightest is discarded as a deep stater, a secret lib. The most outlandish statement wins, and the base is so goddamn sure about it. First Trump was the clear favorite to win (but the biased media wouldn't say that), then he had the edge on election day, then the late Georgia/Pennsylvania results would seal it for him, then there were recounts, then unspecific fraud allegations, the state lawsuits, Sidney Powell's "kraken", and now this Texas suit. Cons already are denouncing John Roberts as not playing for the team.

Can't wait...
At one point he needed four states to win and all Biden needed was one.

Current press secretary is interesting to watch endlessly skirt around questions.

DesertFox- wrote:

Recently, post-election she said something about remembering those who were complacent and enabled Trump, clearly referring to government figures. Right-wingers ran with that meaning "she wants to put all of us on a list to send to her commie gulag!", greatly exaggerating their own importance.
This is old play. Remember when Hillary Clinton called white America a band of deplorables? Neither do I. Turns out she was referring to obnoxious Trump supporters and not the guy who spends his evenings drinking in a never-completed garage rewatching political movies and pretending to be an Irish Catholic.

If the guy I know ever finds this forum and thread: sorry, not sorry.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+756|5488|United States of America
It wasn't even "obnoxious" Trump supporters iirc, but the explicit white supremacists and their ilk. The Boomer who thinks snowflakes heedlessly label all things racist assume because these neo-Nazis are being called racist, it must be overblown.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,868|5575|USA

Right. Obnoxious Trump supporter is kind of a wider blanket than I'd intended. Things have evolved in four years, haven't they.
uziq
Member
+379|2255
it's krugman, i know, but with all those disclaimers: a thread.
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/ … 0901063680
"The GOP spent most of 2020 rejecting science in the face of a deadly pandemic; now it's rejecting democracy in the face of a clear election loss. How did we get to this point? One step at a time, of course. But I'd argue that the wrong turn began under Reagan 1/ ..."

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-11 12:57:25)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+756|5488|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The fact that they are using this to make money is probably why it is so naked and successful. I think the fact that Trump is a trashy is also why he does so well since a lot of Americans are in fact trashy. I think someone smart enough to pull off a coup in America doesn't have the trashy charm to create a cult of personality like Trump has built. Trump's twitter habit is often lamented by "very srs republicans" who probably don't realize that his twitter stupidity is both fatally detrimental to his ability to lead and unite the country but also the reason why he was able to build a cult of stupid people.
From my interactions with rural conservatives, it seems their main driving force is "low taxes". They want the base package, because they surely won't see many benefits from grand projects that are likely going to impact denser areas more. It doesn't matter that infrastructure is shit and healthcare likely costs them more in the long run, because they really don't like seeing the difference in gross and net pay. People like me would happily pay more to get healthcare for everyone and invest in other areas that shouldn't be neglected, but it's no accident that Republicans paint almost any necessary tax increase as government overreach and poor fiscal responsibility.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard