SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

Dilbert_X wrote:

Education through first degree should be free to everyone.

There I'm a communist.
What if someone wants to study the gay sciences?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Obviously there should be limits, if people want to study knitting in babylonia there should be some discouragement.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Do the history and political science majors make the cut?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Having been a resident of New York City, I was able to attend any of the branches of the City University of New York (CUNY) for a very low tuition. Like $2000 per year. And most students got financial aid according to your income level and pell grants

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-09 19:12:36)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
history no poli sci yes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

Superior Mind wrote:

Having been a resident of New York City, I was able to attend any of the branches of the City University of New York (CUNY) for a very low tuition. Like $2000 per year. And most students got financial aid according to your income level and pell grants
Why was it so cheap? Were you in the Army?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

RTHKI wrote:

history no poli sci yes
Why not history?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Why was it so cheap? Were you in the Army?
No, it’s just the city being nice to it’s local kids. When my mom went to Baruch it was free.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
That's weird. I thought the only way a kid from NYC could go to SUNY was to go to the Army first. $2000 a year is super affordable. Anyone could do it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

No of course not
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
CUNY, not SUNY. SUNY is still cheaper for NYS residents but is much pricier. Again CUNY tuition is based on your family’s income. I’m not sure what the maximum tuition is, but it’s not much compared to any other options. And the schools I went to Hunter and Brooklyn Colleges are fairly well rated.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

No of course not
But why? The world needs history teachers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
For what? To make more history teachers?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Why does Australia need engineers? Just sub it out to China and India.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Australia needs engineers to make stuff.
History teachers just make more history teachers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Have you ever complained about people making uninformed decisions at the polls?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Sure, how does learning about the Tudors help?
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

For what? To make more history teachers?
you of all people, easily the most historically ignorant person here, should not be railing against history teachers.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

Sure, how does learning about the Tudors help?
lmao not many people study the tudors at degree level. that’s like national curriculum stuff for 13-15 year olds. that stuff has been done to death, from the perspective of historiography; not much more to add ...

my undergrad school was very reputable for history and the vast majority of history people i knew were doing theses on 20th century stuff. british and american affairs especially.

suffice to say, absolutely no history graduates that i know from my cohort went on to become history teachers. one of my best friends did a master's in modern politics afterwards (also at UCL) and is now a political consultant/thinktank type.

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-10 01:45:02)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I wonder if there was any scoffing at history going on when the borders were being drawn up for modern middle eastern countries.
uziq
+492|3444
i am willing to bet a significant amount of money that dilbert knows more about middle earth lore than he does modern china. the guy thinks the jews are egyptian, he should be confined to discussing the campaigns of gondor not real life.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

suffice to say, absolutely no history graduates that i know from my cohort went on to become history teachers. one of my best friends did a master's in modern politics afterwards (also at UCL) and is now a political consultant/thinktank type.
Who knows, they could be applying themselves to deliver Dominic Cummings genius to the country as we speak - exciting isn't it?

Really this is what is wrong with Britain and the wider world - twats with no useful knowledge and experience firmly believing they're the ones who should tell everyone else what to do.

Andrews was born in Williamstown, a suburb of Melbourne, to Bob Andrews (1950–2016) and Jan (born 1944). In 1983 his family moved to Wangaratta, where he was educated at the Marist Brothers' Galen Catholic College.[1] Andrews moved back to Melbourne in 1990 to attend Monash University, where he was a resident of Mannix College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in politics and classics in 1996. After graduating, Andrews became an electorate officer for federal Labor MP Alan Griffin. He worked at the party's head office from 1999 to 2002, initially as an organiser, and then as assistant state secretary.

Following his election to parliament in the Legislative Assembly seat of Mulgrave at the 2002 election, Andrews was appointed Parliamentary Secretary for Health in the Steve Bracks Labor government. Following the 2006 election, Andrews was appointed to the Cabinet, becoming Minister for Gaming, Minister for Consumer Affairs and Minister Assisting the Premier on Multicultural Affairs. In 2007, Andrews became Minister for Health in the John Brumby Labor government.[5] In 2008, Andrews voted in favour of abortion law reform in Victoria.

Brumby resigned as leader of the Victorian Labor Party following the Labor defeat at the 2010 election, after 11 years of Labor governments. On 3 December 2010, Andrews was elected Victorian Labor Party leader, becoming Leader of the Opposition in Victoria, with former Deputy Premier Rob Hulls staying on as his deputy.[7] Hulls resigned in early 2012 and was replaced as deputy by James Merlino.

Labor took the lead in the polls in mid-2012 and held it for all but a few months until the election, though Andrews consistently trailed his Liberal counterparts, Ted Baillieu (2010–2013) and Denis Napthine (2013–2014) as preferred premier.

Labor held 43 seats at dissolution but notionally held 40 after the redistribution of electoral boundaries. It thus needed a swing to win five seats to form government. At the election, Labor gained seven seats for a total of 47, a majority of two.[8] The election was the first time since 1955 that an incumbent government was removed from office after a single term.

In his victory speech, Andrews declared, "The people of Victoria have today given to us the greatest of gifts, entrusted to us the greatest of responsibilities and bestowed upon us the greatest of honours. We will not let them down!"[9] He was sworn in as premier on 4 December.

Upon his election, Andrews fast-tracked Victoria's ties with the PRC. Firstly, he led a group of prominent Victorians to China on his first overseas trip, and promised to send his entire cabinet there during his first term. Eyeing the enormous opportunities with tourism, education and investment,[13] his administration signed a non-binding agreement with the Chinese government under the Belt and Road Initiative in October 2018, but kept its details secret until he released it five weeks later.[14] The Age criticised Andrews for meddling in geopolitics, saying that it was the federal government's responsibility to navigate to the benefit of all Australians.[13]

In June 2020, The Australian reported that a long-serving staffer and a senior adviser of Daniel Andrews were members of a front organisation of the Communist Party of China.[15][16][17] The staffer studied at the Chinese Academy of Governance, a high-level training institution for officials of the Communist Party of China.[18] The staffer was active in spreading disinformation related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Well done Dan, you crooked vegetable, this is almost entirely down to you.

https://i.imgur.com/ALuJdFw.jpg
[

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/56de718ac3f23a587dc93d4da5acc08b
uziq
+492|3444
dominic cummings is recruiting science 'outsiders'. the last intern he took on was a racial eugenicist who had to resign in a storm of controversy. does that make you happy? you can stop making out like he's an oxford history-type recruiting more clueless history boffins. he's recruiting big data wonks and 'facts are facts!' racists. you should be incredibly pleased, dilbert, it's your autistic misanthropic governance par excellence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51535367

"One way to get around the problems of unplanned pregnancies creating a permanent underclass would be to legally enforce universal uptake of long-term contraception at the onset of puberty," says the post.

In a comment on a different blog that same year, a user with his name said: "There are excellent reasons to think the very real racial differences in intelligence are significantly - even mostly - genetic in origin, though the degree is of course a very serious subject of scholarly debate."

Mr Sabisky also suggested to Schools Week in July 2016 that the benefits of a purported cognitive enhancer, which can prove fatal, are "probably worth a dead kid once a year".

"Eugenics are about selecting 'for' good things," he said in the same interview. "Intelligence is largely inherited and it correlates with better outcomes: physical health, income, lower mental illness.

And in a Twitter post from 2019, he said: "I am always straight up in saying that women's sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men's."

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-10 04:29:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm a big fan of eugenics, I really am, but at this point I think the history nerds running the country really ought to admit they're in over their heads and step out of the way so someone competent and proactive can take charge. We can get back to eugenics later.

I mean, people who are highly skilled at waiting to see what happens then writing a clever and carefully referenced essay about it afterwards are not really what we need at this moment in time.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Mmmm eugenics. I'm surprised he stopped at forced birth control and didn't go straight for sterilization. American Progressives were always fond of sterilizing black people.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard