SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

uziq wrote:

every topic is now the bf2s reality tv show where all the contestants are the only viewers and the prize is the adoration of few.
I always considered OPs as jumping off points. Any of the mods who ever told people "stay on topic" in one my threads self cucked.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

You work in academia and can't even properly source half the shit you quote here. You get a check minus on this assignment.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
BF2s is interesting when there's arguments about Goya works and this other documentary dude I'd never heard of.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

you've never heard of werner herzog?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
I was referring to Errol Morris. I've heard of Werner Herzog before, but couldn't tell you anything he's made.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

The Thin Blue Line and Fog of War are two very good movies.
uziq
+492|3453
i like the made-for-TV stuff he did where he really honed his technique with the interrotron (i.e, the camera/viewing pane combo which gives the effect that the interviewee is talking directly into the lens). there’s some great ones like about a mafia lawyer, a hero pilot, and a jeopardy quiz show winner. i can’t remember the names, i saw them all years ago.

it’s the technique and interviewing style he adopted in the mcnamara movie and later in the rumsfeld one as well.

a funny biographical note: his son, hamilton, makes documentaries for vice magazine where he travels around the world taking rare drugs. he has some savant-like self-education in biochemistry. he even did documentaries on shulgin and tikhal/pikhal. i recommend looking them up, they are actually very good and entertaining.

being recommended errol morris in a thread in 2020 like it’s a 'new education' is a blast. larssen is that guy with fight club and american psycho posters on his walls to show off his ‘edgy alternative’ taste. he knows all the big hitters! serious movies!

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-22 02:09:35)

uziq
+492|3453

DesertFox- wrote:

I was referring to Errol Morris. I've heard of Werner Herzog before, but couldn't tell you anything he's made.
herzog is amazing, probably my favourite documentary maker, as well-regarded in yurop as morris is in the states.

most of his stuff is ripped to the internet. i recommend the white diamond, wings of hope, cave of forgotten dreams, into the abyss, grizzly man ... they are all his most accessible and immediately gripping works.

if you're into film-making, 'burden of dreams' is his best one. it's about the making of his movie fitzcarraldo and is too wild to even even describe.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

every topic is now the bf2s reality tv show where all the contestants are the only viewers and the prize is the adoration of few.
I always considered OPs as jumping off points. Any of the mods who ever told people "stay on topic" in one my threads self cucked.
I think mostly it was enforced because it was a soft rule or whatever. Probably stopped mattering when the forums began to slow. I don't really think people are going to get confused about an off-topic branch in one of the four active threads in two sections.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Do you remember when Lowing got into the empathy vs sympathy debate? It went on for like 10 or 20 pages and eventually the cuck mods closed it.
I actually did a quick scan for it out of curiosity and got completely sidetracked on a 9 year old thread where a dog was stoned to death in Israel.

Was apparently fake news.
uziq
+492|3453
christ, truly a golden age.
Larssen
+99|1888

uziq wrote:

his ‘edgy alternative’ taste.
lmao this is peak uzique. you don't know what to do with yourself any longer. post some more of that horrendous music you listen to. well received and accessible art and film - it's just all such drab mainstream stuff. So undergraduate. From your locally produced £200 shoes and fair trade wool sweaters, organic diet, niche exclusive online-bought tea leaves and of course unique, learned appreciation for obscure real art and deep philosophy~, you're a total caricature of a person. You took a leap into the late teens/early 20s counterculture for social rejects on uni campuses and let it define your whole being. douche

Last edited by Larssen (2020-05-22 05:38:52)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Macbeth, we need the nerdzique image, stat!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Uzique's music is what I assume a drug overdose sounds like.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

Jay wrote:

Macbeth, we need the nerdzique image, stat!
I remember the phrase but not the image. Shame.
uziq
+492|3453
i remember the image i think. it was pretty good. who did it? finray?

larssen it’s not my problem you have the tastes of a 19 year old. it’s okay. a lot of people never develop past this point. when you meet girls do you recommend them ‘infinite jest’ too?

also £350 shoes. come on. give me the full credit.
uziq
+492|3453

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Uzique's music is what I assume a drug overdose sounds like.
i actually mostly listen to much more normal stuff. i get a kick out of posting far out stuff here because it evidently riles you numpties. what other motivation can there be at this point for sharing music with 4 people?
uziq
+492|3453

Larssen wrote:

uziq wrote:

his ‘edgy alternative’ taste.
lmao this is peak uzique. you don't know what to do with yourself any longer. post some more of that horrendous music you listen to. well received and accessible art and film - it's just all such drab mainstream stuff. So undergraduate. From your locally produced £200 shoes and fair trade wool sweaters, organic diet, niche exclusive online-bought tea leaves and of course unique, learned appreciation for obscure real art and deep philosophy~, you're a total caricature of a person. You took a leap into the late teens/early 20s counterculture for social rejects on uni campuses and let it define your whole being. douche
palpatine.gif
Larssen
+99|1888

uziq wrote:

larssen it’s not my problem you have the tastes of a 19 year old. it’s okay. a lot of people never develop past this point. when you meet girls do you recommend them ‘infinite jest’ too?

No uzique only you would consider talking about the intricacies of romance novels on dates, jesus. That is not my idea of a good time.

It's telling even the chinese girls bailed, your repelling pretentiousness penetrates language barriers and cultures.
uziq
+492|3453
infinite jest a romance novel? i’m dedddd

if only we could hook up larssen to a dynamo, and put me within earshot, a perpetual source of energy could be gained for the betterment of mankind !
Larssen
+99|1888
Ah the 'i'm only trolling bruh jokes on u' defence, the classic retreat of a snivelling idiot as he loses grip on an internet argument. I see it hurts - you spend way, way too much time on this forum not to care.

Clearly I've never read infinite jest nor do I plan to discuss novels when I'm on a date. Eugh.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
anyway
https://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2020_21/3360451/200521-donald-trump-mask-low-quality-cover-ac-945p_d1a9995dbd5e1ae48fdfa5715b4e4d18.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg
He wore a mask! He took it off when he did his tour with the press but one of them managed to get him on camera backstage.

Maybe that will encourage his supporters to put on mask.
uziq
+492|3453
imagine being so caught up in your own idiocy that you knowingly take OFF a mask in public to maintain the stubborn wrong view. when your actual life is at risk. wooooo boy.
uziq
+492|3453

Larssen wrote:

uziq wrote:

No uzique only you would consider talking about the intricacies of romance novels on dates, jesus. That is not my idea of a good time.

It's telling even the chinese girls bailed, your repelling pretentiousness penetrates language barriers and cultures.
people discuss recent culture on dates my guy. it’s not recherche. what do you do, bore them with the heroic deeds of your policy meetings? infinite jest is the biggest ‘literary’ novel of the last 30 years. i’m sorry you haven’t heard of it. the fact it’s a cringe cliché to a whole generation of women suggests you are very far behind.

chinese girls tend to leave when they get booted out of the country. i’ve already discussed with dilbert passim the stats wherein only about 4% ever stay and get visa sponsorships.

i’m in a long-term relationship. but she’s fine with me gaying around with you on this forum. needs must in quarantine.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

In some people's defense, the CDC was recommending against masks to begin with. People are going to feel like shit's being thrown at the wall to see what will stick and feel put off at the whole thing.

In the CDC's defense, their concerns about mask usage creating a false sense of security are still valid, and still active. And also incorrect mask usage. And thinking you can ignore more important measures because you've got a mask on. And supply of N95s to health care professionals and emergency workers.

I don't think the CDC is telling anybody to cease social distancing and stop washing their hands just because they "flipped a 180" on the mask thing. That would probably be more Jay's thing, making fun of people for hand sanitizer and all. Guy probably touched his junk for post-tinkle wiggles before proceeding to shake everyone's hand at the office without so much as looking at the restroom sink. Perverse.

obligatory https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con … t-20485449
uziq
+492|3453
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 … ent-271938

imagine 'pivoting' on an issue like medicare when half the american workforce are unemployed.

the democrats truly are the party of mammon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard