SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3732

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Bloomberg was a great mayor. He ran that city like a machine.
piranha, see above. Fascists love each other.
https://i.imgur.com/tY7lTJl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3464
it's so quaint when americans call one another fascists.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3732
Donald Trump will "definitely" skip Thursday's GOP debate due to a deepening fight with the Fox News Channel, according to his campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

"It's not under negotiation," Lewandowski told reporters Tuesday evening.
Instead of attending the debate, "We'll have an event here in Iowa, with potentially another network, to raise money for wounded warriors," he said. "And Fox will go from probably having 24 million viewers to about 2 million."

Lewandowski ruled out Trump's participation just a few minutes after Trump himself said he would "most likely" hold a competing event in Iowa during the debate.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/26/media/d … index.html

What trend setter. Got to respect the man.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

Respect who, Trump?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.
I admire trump for doing what he wants and not pandering to whatever 51% of the people (or large corporations) want. I just wish what he wanted was the least bit sane or non-racist.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

If Trump does end with up the Republican nomination, (and to be honest the way he's been polling they almost don't have any option but to pick him,) that's pretty much their cue to... you know, give up and agree to disband.

Right? I mean when you're got the resources and personnel the Republicans do and the best you can get is a strange Oompa-Loompa with a dead animal on his head bleating about foreigners and how good at "the art of the deal" he is while conveniently forgetting the fact he's had to declare corporate bankruptcy four times, (never personal bankruptcy though he's rather proud of that, so if the nation goes broke everyone will at least know he'll be okay,) that's certainly a sign that some serious introspection is needed.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
uziq
+492|3464
seems like democracy is the best package in town until the people choose someone you don't like, eh ty

fascist.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6118|eXtreme to the maX
To be fair the Americans got fairly pissed when the Palestinians elected Hamas.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

I actually think democracy may end up saving the Republicans from a lot of damage. I don't think they've ever wanted Trump to be their nominee and I think it would be a disaster for them if he was but they haven't had the ability to stop him, (or the disproportionate self-fuelling media attention that naturally responds to a perpetual attention machine like Trump.) Their saving grace is that Republican voters still want to nominate a candidate who, along with representing their partisan traditions, (does Trump? Not sure,) is credible and electable. Donald Trump is not. In fact in terms of "electable" he would enter the race with the lowest favourability rating of any major party candidate. Democrats and independents seem to agree on how much they dislike him which isn't a good starting point.

I think everyone's learned enough now not to underestimate Trump but I think he's due a heavy landing. Though you never know, if the first few states look to be going his way others on the rational side of things may be more inclined to think "well fuck it, let's see where this crazy train goes" - which would make a much better slogan than "Make America Great Again".
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5370|London, England

Ty wrote:

I actually think democracy may end up saving the Republicans from a lot of damage. I don't think they've ever wanted Trump to be their nominee and I think it would be a disaster for them if he was but they haven't had the ability to stop him, (or the disproportionate self-fuelling media attention that naturally responds to a perpetual attention machine like Trump.) Their saving grace is that Republican voters still want to nominate a candidate who, along with representing their partisan traditions, (does Trump? Not sure,) is credible and electable. Donald Trump is not. In fact in terms of "electable" he would enter the race with the lowest favourability rating of any major party candidate. Democrats and independents seem to agree on how much they dislike him which isn't a good starting point.

I think everyone's learned enough now not to underestimate Trump but I think he's due a heavy landing. Though you never know, if the first few states look to be going his way others on the rational side of things may be more inclined to think "well fuck it, let's see where this crazy train goes" - which would make a much better slogan than "Make America Great Again".
It doesn't hurt that his potential opponents are Clinton and sanders. Christ what a shitty choice to make.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6697|United States of America

Ty wrote:

It will certainly be the most interesting election at least in my lifetime if that were to happen. He somehow hadn't been laughed out of the race at any number of the ridiculous things he's said. A Trump v. Clinton race might be the most disdainful pair of nominees ever put up against one another, I don't see either of them as president helping with the intractable partisan gridlock we've seen since Obama took office.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

pirana6 wrote:

I admire trump for doing what he wants and not pandering to whatever 51% of the people (or large corporations) want. I just wish what he wanted was the least bit sane or non-racist.
I remember a video of a little kid tearing up a Dollar Store without a care in the world, knocking over displays and throwing products at other customers. But at least he was doing what he wanted.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dollar Store = US political infrastructure
2deep4me
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.
Do you guys think we'll ever use the term "political gaffe" anymore? It used to be a big deal but now everything trump says is a "gaff" except he says it on purpose.
It's like using a meme in real life. Once the first person does it, it's done.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

pirana6 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dollar Store = US political infrastructure
2deep4me
Nice misquote.

The point was, don't respect someone for "doing what they want." Respect them if what they do is worthy of it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.
It wasn't a misquote, I was being facetious because you missed the point of my admiration.
In the current stage of politics, to be elected you basically have to lie (duh) to a group of people then turn around and immediately lie to the opposing group in attempt to get both their votes. You have to bend over and pull your pants down to whichever group/corporation gives you money. They dangle votes or campaign money above candidates and tell them to bark like dogs. Everybody not named Trump or Sanders (to the best of my knowledge, I'm not paying close attention to the candidates atm) has dicks so far down their throat, they probably aren't sure which ones theyre sucking, plus one in each hand and another going into their ass.
Trump and Sanders (again, maybe more, maybe just trump) are saying what they want because that's what they think is right. I admire a person that speaks their mind on issues and doesn't do what their told depending on which banner hangs outside the speech rally.

But like I said, despite trump saying what he wants because he thinks it's right, I still hate him cause it plum ol aint. He's a racist psycho.

Last edited by pirana6 (2016-01-27 18:09:38)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I don't think for a second that he believes most of the shit he says. He's not beholden to donors, no, which allows him to be a pure populist. He threw a bunch of shit at the wall when he started this and he just went with what got a response. If he wins the nomination I expect him to change tack and throw a new pile at the wall to see what resonates with a more general audience. If we reach that level I think we'll get a nice understanding of what the average American thinks and values.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.
ok well let me change me argument.

IF he's actually saying what he thinks is right, then I admire that. If he's doing what most politicians do, then yeah fuck him like the rest of them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

So you basically have no idea if he's telling the truth or not as he sees it, but you respect him for the vile things he says anyway.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.
No, that's not what I think at all. And unlike other members here I'm not going to talk in circles for 3 pages about this pointless topic. Either you understand what I'm trying to say or you don't, and frankly I don't care either way.
uziq
+492|3464
since when did it become admirable in politics to have dumb opinions and be without reflection? i mean, i get it that people are dissatisfied with the slick corporate/PR machine. but when did having crass opinions and being a bigot become a sign of valour? democracy was always meant to tame the pig-headed element, not unleash it in full righteous fury.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6118|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

I don't think for a second that he believes most of the shit he says. He's not beholden to donors, no, which allows him to be a pure populist. He threw a bunch of shit at the wall when he started this and he just went with what got a response. If he wins the nomination I expect him to change tack and throw a new pile at the wall to see what resonates with a more general audience. If we reach that level I think we'll get a nice understanding of what the average American thinks and values.
We know how half of America thinks right now.

uziq wrote:

since when did it become admirable in politics to have dumb opinions and be without reflection? i mean, i get it that people are dissatisfied with the slick corporate/PR machine. but when did having crass opinions and being a bigot become a sign of valour? democracy was always meant to tame the pig-headed element, not unleash it in full righteous fury.
We're looking into the future.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/images/IdiocracyPres.png
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

We know how half of America thinks right now.

uziq wrote:

We're looking into the future.

Republicans are only about 25% of the population and he has half their votes. Hardly a national majority.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

pirana6 wrote:

No, that's not what I think at all. And unlike other members here I'm not going to talk in circles for 3 pages about this pointless topic. Either you understand what I'm trying to say or you don't, and frankly I don't care either way.
Please, walk me through it. You've more or less acknowledged that Trump spouts batshit pandering to batshit supporters, but respect him anyway for "breaking the mold" and "doing what he wants." That's just confusing to me, and I've encountered this far too often as the go-to conservative defense of Trump. When confronted with the bullet points of the Trump insanity, eyes glaze and they declare respect for him for doing what he wants like it suddenly finalizes the argument in their favor.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6303|Washington St.
I don't respect him for WHAT he says. I respect him for the fact that he says it given the current state of politics.

You can have respect for a person without knowing every detail about them right? Then you can probably respect a person in different ways, not just "I respect them or I don't" with an all-encompassing respect placed on them. It's not 100% or 0%. You can admire someone for some things they do but not for others.
Therefor, I respect him for speaking what he thinks is the truth (for the sake of this argument, we'll say he DOES think it). Thankfully I have an IQ well into the double digits unlike his voters so it's going to take more than just He-speaks-his-mind-so-I'm-voting-for-him to get me to vote for someone.

Imagine somebody you don't know comes up to you on the street and yes "I just quit my job to follow my dreams." You think "wow I respect that" even though you know nothing about him. And what if later you found out his dream was to become something stupid. You'd still respect him for following his dreams, but you wouldn't respect his dream.

What I'm saying is it's possible for people to have respect for others in different facets of their personality rather than just all-or-nothing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard