Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6066|eXtreme to the maX

Finray wrote:

half the entire voting base of the US is incapable of changing their mind about their candidate?
Yes
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5749|Catherine Black
ok
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hillary, a more or less self-made woman = bad for women

Trump, a multiple-accused sexual assaulter, admitted groper, 3x married adulterer = no comment

Hillary was a supremely flawed candidate. Bad for women why?
People just parrot talking points they've been given, we're into Idiocracy now.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6645|United States of America
I agree, Mac, that at this point, the people still on the Trump train are quite comfortable going down with the ship and wouldn't defect because of facts from impeachment hearings. Nixon was quite well supported by his party through his impeachment until just about the very end, but I don't think he had quite the cult of personality Trump has. The Trump Administration has pretty much flat-out admitted a lot of the corrupt conduct, to the point that the media and Congress seem to cut them slack because incompetent corruption is....better?

I don't have high hopes for many people tuning into impeachment news. Nothing in it is terribly unsurprising to people who knew years ago how they felt. All these career bureaucrats are maligned by Trump defenders and the Republicans won't bat an eyelash, just like how they immediately turned on that bastion of liberal ideas, the *checks notes* Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5318|London, England

Finray wrote:

Honestly if I were a betting man my money would be on Sanders rn, Trump just has just had too scandalous a presidency imo. even if half of it didn't stick, the guys name is fully tarnished in all but the most republican circles

Yang has less of a chance with his universal credit, that's gonna be a tough sell

just glad hillary isn't running and will never be president. what an absolute travesty that would have been for women everywhere.
I'd bet on Trump. The Democrats have really weak candidates. It will probably be Warren vs Trump and she's only proposed to spend approximately all the money in history if elected. Her base is very white and very liberal. Not enough to win a general election.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Sanders is too old, at this point I'd bet on Trump.

- The democrats aren't putting up good candidates except maybe Bloomberg. Putting up Clinton against Trump (when Sanders won the democrat popular vote) was a massive mistake and they're dumb enough to do the same thing by selecting Biden.

- Everything the democrats do just enrages Trump's supporters, no amount of 'fake news' is going to sway any of them. A fake scandal isn't a scandal at all. I should think a lot of people think other countries should be giving something back for all the aid they receive, if that means helping the greatest President in history get re-elected, and preventing a corrupt and gropey old man getting the job then they're fine with it.

- He's learning how to rig the stock market and will have it all nicely timed for the election - vote for me or your 401k goes down

- A war with Iran will almost certainly be triggered so he gets the wartime vote

The chatterati underestimate populists over and over, Trump is another pathological nut who will ride populism for as long as he can.

Twelve more years! Twelve more years! Twelve more years!
Bloomberg is despised outside of NYC. He basically tried to single handedly lobby for the abolition of the 2nd Amendment. Zero chance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hillary, a more or less self-made woman = bad for women

Trump, a multiple-accused sexual assaulter, admitted groper, 3x married adulterer = no comment

Hillary was a supremely flawed candidate. Bad for women why?
She was overexposed and reviled by too many before she even ran. Would she have even been in the conversation for president if her husband wasn't president? No. Hardly self-made. She was gifted d'Amato's seat when he retired.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

- The democrats aren't putting up good candidates except maybe Bloomberg. Putting up Clinton against Trump (when Sanders won the democrat popular vote) was a massive mistake and they're dumb enough to do the same thing by selecting Biden.

- Everything the democrats do just enrages Trump's supporters, no amount of 'fake news' is going to sway any of them. A fake scandal isn't a scandal at all. I should think a lot of people think other countries should be giving something back for all the aid they receive, if that means helping the greatest President in history get re-elected, and preventing a corrupt and gropey old man getting the job then they're fine with it.

- He's learning how to rig the stock market and will have it all nicely timed for the election - vote for me or your 401k goes down

- A war with Iran will almost certainly be triggered so he gets the wartime vote

The chatterati underestimate populists over and over, Trump is another pathological nut who will ride populism for as long as he can.

Bloomberg is despised outside of NYC. He basically tried to single handedly lobby for the abolition of the 2nd Amendment. Zero chance.
If Bloomberg was younger he would make an excellent president. I really respect the fact that he was willing to tackle the major health crisis of America, obesity and gun violence.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If Bloomberg was younger he would make an excellent president. I really respect the fact that he was willing to tackle the major health crisis of America, obesity and gun violence.
He's a nanny that thinks his money makes him smarter than everyone else. Fuck Bloomberg.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
To be fair, he was a capable administrator and did a great job balancing NYC's budget and avoiding the blatant stupidity of de Blasio. But he did wildly overreach on social issues in the name of public health. The latter is what he's known for outside of NYC. Like I said, zero chance.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

"abolition of the 2nd Amendment" where do you get this hysterical end-of-times nuttery from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everytown_for_Gun_Safety
Seems like sensible middle of the road adjustments the average american supports these days, no part of the constitution is going to be abolished.

Demographics are shifting the ground from underneath old white gun-fondling nuts, adapt or perish.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

He's a nanny that thinks his money makes him smarter than everyone else. Fuck Bloomberg.
While Trump thinks he's a genius because he's 'rich' ie he's borrowed more money again, this time from the Russians.

At least Bloomberg is rich.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680

Justin T. reminds me of drunk/high talkative college students at parties.
uziq
+492|3413

trump commending pelosi and saying she should have impeached bush. lol.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680
So they impeached him. I guess it is important that Congress finally took at least a symbolic step to hold him accountable. Otherwise a big meh from me. Even if they do fully remove him from office the republicans who voted him in will still be there to vote in the next republican who will screw things up. This is partially the mistake the Trump and the republicans made after winning in 2016. They rubbed it in the democrats face and acted as if they didn't get a narrow victory. The GOP acted like the democrats would just disappear instead of getting revenge. Whether that revenge will come in '20, '22' '24 or later makes no difference. It is inevitable. You know because "nothing ever ends."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What would be great would be to get rid of Trump and replace him with Pence, he really is a batshit evangelical nut who needs a chaperone to be in the presence of a woman.
"a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order,"
"I believe with all my heart that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that is in them. How he did that, I'll ask him about some day."
"... I also believe that someday scientists will come to see that only the theory of intelligent design provides even a remotely rational explanation for the known universe."

At least he's not jewish.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
At this point Trump could easily have a massive tantrum, Iran could get nuked, trade with China upended, martial law declared and the Republican representatives each given a pistol to shoot the Democrats Saddam style.

Hopefully he'll have a seizure and Pence's safe and normal-sized hands will take over.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
"Republican Barry Loudermilk compared the impeachment process to the fate of Jesus Christ. "During that sham trial, Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus than Democrats have afforded this president in this process," Mr Loudermilk said."

They must be in trouble if they're invoking fairy stories.
uziq
+492|3413
But they’re manufactured tremendous if you’re into this, tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 … -windmills

so this is the guy who took the world’s biggest economy, and one of the biggest carbon footprints, out of the paris accord.

OK, we are fucked. i’ve met 8 year olds with better understanding.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6732|PNW

I could plop this article on the desk of a lot of Republican voters I know and like with so many other Trumpisms, they'd tune it out like it's some quantum anomaly, change the subject to that one time Hillary/Obama/Schiff did/said xyz, or rationalize that it's all part of a political act put on intentionally, and that he really is a stable genius.
uziq
+492|3413
your president has alzheimer’s.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6645|United States of America
Hopefully.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6732|PNW

No really, the blind spot people nurse for him is insane. Even got this one guy (more anecdotal, I know) who loves talking about unbalanced leaders in world history, but who absolutely won't hear of it when it comes to the president. You can almost see the switch being thrown in his head through his eyes.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6592|949

look at Jay defending him on this website. The guy who for the last 8 years has made his persona on being a libertarian non-interventionist neoliberal telling us Trump's foreign policy agenda is solid.

It's beyond cognitive dissonance.
uziq
+492|3413
"you know we have a world, right?" - martin heidegger, 1926.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard