SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
The average Trump voter made above the average median income.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

the perception of an order of capitalist elites who don’t understand the common man.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46896849

Goldman Sachs new boss has apologised to Malaysia for the role an ex-partner played in the corruption scandal at one of the country's wealth funds.

However, chief executive David Solomon also distanced the bank from the scheme, which saw billions embezzled from the state development fund, 1MDB.

He said Goldman, which had helped to raise money for the fund, had been deceived about details of the deals.

Malaysia filed criminal charges against Goldman last month.

Goldman helped raise money for 1MDB, by underwriting more than $6bn in bonds in three separate offerings between 2012 and 2013.

It earned $600m for that work, according to authorities.

Much of the money intended for the fund was allegedly embezzled and used to buy art, property, a private jet - and even to finance the Wolf of Wall Street film starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

Malaysia's former prime minister, Najib Razak is among those who have been accused of pocketing the money. He has pleaded not guilty. That case is scheduled for trial in Malaysia later this year.
https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02193/Blank_2193220b.jpg
And we let these jew-barons get away with it every time.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
Let's be real here. Trump only got the nomination because the Republican party was weak and stupid and allowed 18 people to run for president simultaneously in the primaries. It allowed him to pick them off one by one because his base stayed true and the rest cannibalized each other.

Hillary lost because she was an absolute shit candidate with incredibly unfavorable approval ratings among both independents and Republicans. She was the wrong person to run for office after someone as charismatic as Obama.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
This is mostly true. I think a lot of the supposed Trumpism and alt-right panic is an aberration. I don't think there is broad support for the GOP or Trump's policy. I think people just hated Clinton a lot and remember Trump from his reality T.V. show.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why did people 'hate' Clinton?

Moderately intelligent white women are annoying obviously, apart from that and Trump accusing her of being a criminal what was there?
The stupid Libyan thing?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, she's just always been overtly calculating. Every tweet she wrote felt like it passed through several focus groups before it was issued. She also changed her tune on numerous issues when previous opinions became untenable. Basically, she was a politician, but one that particularly embodied the aspects of politicians that everyone loathes. You can get away with it if you're charismatic and give people the warm and fuzzies, but she's particularly cold and ruthless and nakedly ambitious. Politicians generally don't age well in the public spotlight, and she'd already been front and center for 25 years. Plenty of time for hatred and distrust to build up.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I particularly dislike her because she swooped into my state after Bill left office and decided she wanted to be my senator. An outsider from Arkansas as the state senator from New York. She's supposed to represent me? She was only representing her own ambitions. Garbage like that is why I don't vote Democrat. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. They brand themselves as champions of the people but only care about power. The guy she replaced, D'Amato, for all his faults actually gave off the impression that he cared about the people living here. She just bought a house in Westchester and lived out her power fantasies in DC.

Last edited by Jay (2019-01-18 04:11:44)

-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

They brand themselves as champions of the people but only care about power.
Only the Democrats ever do that.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Come on, I'm pretty sure he realizes there are plenty of Republicans that do that too. *cough* Mitt Romney *cough*
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
*cough* every Republican ever *cough*
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

Shahter wrote:

uziq wrote:

russian voters want a strong and authoritative leader because they are basically peasants who weren't given proper time to develop a bourgeois-secular mindset like the western countries did organically. putin is like stalin is like nicholas: tsars, gods-on-earth for the orthodox and credulous. funny that you blame capitalism for this problem with the agenda-driven ruling classes. desiring a strongman absolute leader is very fucking pre-capitalist.
all fair ponts. but people who, supposedly, did have time to "develop a bourgeois-secular mindset organically" still elect trumps and bolsonaros today. wonder why?
economic depressions always create the same political patterns.
yes, but that's not what i was asking. you said "desiring a strongman absolute leader is very fucking pre-capitalist", yet even now, when capitalism is in its historical apogee, trumps still get voted in. how so? my point is, capitalism has nothing to do with "bourgeois-secular mindset" and stuff like that. in fact, ideologically capitalism is very much omnivorous - it will use anything out there to get in power and stay in power. a long time ago when bourgeois revolutions where overturning feudalism (and worse) around the world, the notions and ideals produced in the masses by developing economical systems played a huge role, but it's all but gone today in the information age, imo.

i’d rather have a politics that is responsive to the market and expressive of social feelings and unrest
but is it in reality all that responsive? outside of periods it time when so called "western democracies" play their "games of elections", when people are given a right to choose between a douche and a turd (both produced by the ruling class, of course), nobody gives a hoot about "social feelings and unrest". and during the elections those are only used to identify what kind of trump or clinton (or putin) will get the most votes to legitimize the whole shebang for another 4 years.

than an authoritarian regime that lines the pockets of their family and friends and runs the entire country into ruin.
personally i don't give a damn. so, yeah, my fellow russians never gone through the motions of "proper" growth through all the stages of economical and political development - first they were lagging behind the west, then bolsheviks tried to push them forward, skipping a step of developing a proper capitalism for themselves, but failed, and now they've been thrown back into an ugly kind of "state capitalism" (which, tbqh, is starting to reek of blatant fascism) - yeah, it's all fucked up. but look at the west, at your trumps and clintons and all the crap going on in eu - you ask me, we are all equally screwed.

Last edited by Shahter (2019-01-27 04:22:32)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3451
except we're not all 'equally screwed' because the west with our 'trumps and clintons' are measurably better off economically and socially. our press are measurably more open and our politicians are more accountable. our elections and legal process are more transparent. journalists aren't murdered in the street here. we are quite literally not equally screwed.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
really? let's see:
economically better? with your levels of public debt? sorry, not funny.
socially? when was the last time you visited russsia to compare? or are you still getting your info from the media?
your press is a joke. quite literally.
your polititians are fucking prostitues.
your legal system? your elections?! are you fucking kidding me, man? last time i checked your elections can be won by facebook and twitter trolls and legal system deals in rumors and "hate speech" crimes.
journalists... journalists are people. people are getting murdered in the streets everywhere, especially when they stick their noses into dangerous places. i dunno, there's not enough info for me to compare.

so there. you call that better? k.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
Have you ever been outside of Russia?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
many times.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Jay wrote:

I particularly dislike her because she swooped into my state after Bill left office and decided she wanted to be my senator. An outsider from Arkansas as the state senator from New York. She's supposed to represent me? She was only representing her own ambitions. Garbage like that is why I don't vote Democrat. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. They brand themselves as champions of the people but only care about power. The guy she replaced, D'Amato, for all his faults actually gave off the impression that he cared about the people living here. She just bought a house in Westchester and lived out her power fantasies in DC.
Jay, the libertarian - people should be free to move to wherever they can work.  If people can't find jobs in their own area, they need to move to where the jobs are!

Jay, also: fuck hillary for moving to New York to run for Senate.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Jay, the libertarian - people should be free to move to wherever they can work.  If people can't find jobs in their own area, they need to move to where the jobs are!

I really hurt your feelings at some point, didn't I? You're starting to behave like coke.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Shahter wrote:

many times.
Anything more specific?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Has anyone here been to Russia either?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Has anyone here been to Russia either?
I haven't which is why I was asking.
I know a few people who went for the World Cup which was largely a mixed bag, clearly a careful orchestrated and out of the ordinary 'experience', but they said they saw some absolute "shit holes", which is saying something when they are travelling from Stoke.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

I really hurt your feelings at some point, didn't I? You're starting to behave like coke.
i like calling people out on their hypocrisy.  You have a key trait of a bad leader - "do as i say, not as i do".
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Ken did you just start a MBA class on executive leadership or are you an aspiring leadership coach?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

I don't agree with a lot of democrat social policy but at least they are honest about what they want. Conservatives tend to lie or obfuscate about what they want. The GOP and their supporters also either live in an alternate reality or lie all the time. I like reading Conservatives online magazines but once I get to the comment section I am reminded how stupid or purposely deceitful the entire movement is.

This is most evident when we get to economic issues. Right wing free market capitalism is a mess and anyone defending it is either wealthy or a fool. 70% marginal tax rate is too much and free college would be too expensive but right wingers act like people who suggest such things are weirdos or economically illiterate. These ideas didn't come from nowhere. Our economic system is genuinely not working and it is obvious. It's indefensible.

I really rather live in tranny land than libertarian land.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Ken did you just start a MBA class on executive leadership or are you an aspiring leadership coach?
no, but im thinking about going back to school for another undergraduate degree!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i like calling people out on their hypocrisy.  You have a key trait of a bad leader - "do as i say, not as i do".
Behaving like me in that he's pointing out when you're being a moron...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard