Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

If I was the left, I would be terrified of his confirmation right now, because the way they treated him, if he's a normal human being, he'd be out for vengeance. I certainly would be.
Except he's supposed to be impartial and judge things according to the law, not be 'out for vengeance'.
Take enough photos and you can catch anyone in a sneer.
Not if someone doesn't sneer you can't, and he seems to spend an awful lot of his time sneering. I've seen footage of the hearings, he's a nasty asshole.
when Kennedy stepped down because he represented a tie-breaking vote as he tended to vote rather randomly for either liberal or conservatives.
I thought he was supposed to vote for the law, not for a team? Maybe he didn't vote 'randomly' at all.

Anyway, wow what a shitty system you have, I'd hate to have to bring a case in America knowing it will be judged according to the best interests of a political party and how stacked the court is.

Do juries have a minimum number of 'conservative' appointees on them? I think they should.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-10-06 20:28:12)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3451

Dilbert_X wrote:

Someone somewhere did say that who you are becomes written on your face.
sartre/orwell are both attributed as saying that by the age of 40/50, everyone has the face that they deserve. although i was being facetious about the physiognomy thing. it’s bunk science.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Really? I think Phrenology is going to make a comeback, it would be an efficient means of sorting asylum-seekers.
uziq
+492|3451
speaking of judging people by their looks

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1048723415841083392

there’s a story on twitter about people ‘toasting’ the judge. lmao. all look like underclass red necks drinking tailgate-tier beer.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

uziq wrote:

speaking of judging people by their looks

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1048723415841083392

there’s a story on twitter about people ‘toasting’ the judge. lmao. all look like underclass red necks drinking tailgate-tier beer.
That one decent looking girl with the Guinness is a funny one. I am guessing you could probably press that chick into doing stuff for you that will never get reported.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Populist demagogue is popular with the proles - who could have foreseen that?

You underestimated Farage, you underestimated Trump, you underestimated the average voter - rational argument doesn't work at this level.
uziq
+492|3451
what's the 'you' there for? i certainly didn't underestimate any of those people.
uziq
+492|3451
kavanaugh’s enunciation and speaking style reminds me a lot of jordan peterson. it’s like every word is a strain and is giving him problems with this hemorrhoids. why are there suddenly so many rapey white males with zero charisma in the spotlight? there’s this ‘permanently on the verge of tears’ act going on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
To be fair the female politicians have been milking the ‘permanently on the verge of tears’ act for a while now, there's no reason for men to be picking it up though.

And you certainly ridiculed Farage.
uziq
+492|3451
farage is ridiculous. he is a total chancer and simply not credible as a person. his politics are venal and inane. but that doesn’t mean i ‘underestimated’ his appeal. i know very well how farage tugs the heartstrings of little englanders and posho shire tories who are sick of the slick cosmopolitanism of the modern conservatives. i never underestimated any of these figures’ appeal as demagogues. big difference.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I agree with our president that we need nation wide stop and frisk.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The blanket policy of shooting black people doesn't seem to be having the desired effect?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

farage is ridiculous. he is a total chancer and simply not credible as a person.
However he has achieved all his objectives
his politics are venal and inane.
Apparently your fellow countrymen like them
little englanders and posho shire tories
The first step in misunderestimating the populace is to dismiss them as trivial.
uziq
+492|3451
there’s nothing new or sophisticated about populism, stop acting like you’re on some advanced level of political nous. farage is entirely ridiculous and venal. he’s a city banker with a few million in the bank advocating for massive deregulation and free-market ideology in the name of the ‘common man’. lol right. every time he appears in public he has a staged photo-op of him sipping a pint of beer at an ‘honest’ local pub. please. it’s demagoguery 101. stop acting like he’s appealing to some innate wisdom of the people.

and yeah, listen to the people. i hear the people’s complaints. they’re putting patriotism and low-level cultural xenophobia above their economic well-being. all the mouthpieces of brexit are big finance or ruling class elites, arguing for a principle they know will economically wound the country, particularly the northern working class areas which will be hit very hard by brexit for at least 5–10 years. of course, the people in charge of the show hardly care about that, as they are seeking an ideal england of wealth and glory they learned about at their boarding schools. gadarene swine.

Last edited by uziq (2018-10-10 03:07:51)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

uziq wrote:

kavanaugh’s enunciation and speaking style reminds me a lot of jordan peterson. it’s like every word is a strain and is giving him problems with this hemorrhoids. why are there suddenly so many rapey white males with zero charisma in the spotlight? there’s this ‘permanently on the verge of tears’ act going on.
Dunno why you bag on Peterson so often. I found his book to be quite enjoyable.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
of course you did. tired self-help platitudes wrapped in a little blanket of jungian mystification and ‘anti-SJW’ crusading. it’s a perfect volume for beta males with absent father figures.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

of course you did. tired self-help platitudes wrapped in a little blanket of jungian mystification and ‘anti-SJW’ crusading. it’s a perfect volume for beta males with absent father figures.
Are you one of those publicly self-flagellating white males? He has a following, yeah? If he's what some  kids need to get off the video games and become adults that's a good thing. There's no downside.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
why would i need to be self-flagellating to critique peterson? i feel sorry for anyone who needs to drink that charlatan’s kool-aid in order to manage making their bed, tidying their room and standing up straight.

Last edited by uziq (2018-10-10 03:22:09)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
A friend gave me his copy of Peterson's rules for life or something like that. I didn't read it. It is weird someone would even write a book about how to manage a person's life while he is still in middle age.
uziq
+492|3451
if you boil off all his specious and tendentious impurities it’s literally just a book of self-help clichés. you’d have to be very lost and very hungry for meaning to swallow all his mystical anima/animus stuff borrowed tout court from jung (men as order, women as chaos, i mean lol wow).

i’m not surprised jay finds a lot of sympathy with it, seeing as he relied on the state as a daddy figure to impose their ‘rules for life’ on him. his ‘white males’ formulation is a nice little bit of alt-right/peterson-esque pleading.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Speaking of self-flagellation I had believed that there were no stinging nettles in Australia, thankfully I have been proven wrong.

Watching Jay's personal development is fun though. What's next? The discovery that real progress comes from within? I can't wait.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

there’s nothing new or sophisticated about populism, stop acting like you’re on some advanced level of political nous. farage is entirely ridiculous and venal. he’s a city banker with a few million in the bank advocating for massive deregulation and free-market ideology in the name of the ‘common man’. lol right. every time he appears in public he has a staged photo-op of him sipping a pint of beer at an ‘honest’ local pub. please. it’s demagoguery 101. stop acting like he’s appealing to some innate wisdom of the people.

and yeah, listen to the people. i hear the people’s complaints. they’re putting patriotism and low-level cultural xenophobia above their economic well-being. all the mouthpieces of brexit are big finance or ruling class elites, arguing for a principle they know will economically wound the country, particularly the northern working class areas which will be hit very hard by brexit for at least 5–10 years. of course, the people in charge of the show hardly care about that, as they are seeking an ideal england of wealth and glory they learned about at their boarding schools. gadarene swine.
Of course, however Farage is an expert manipulator and has no shame in using the masses for his own ends, so he's more effective than you and me.
uziq
+492|3451
australia is proving itself as one of the most bone-headed western democracies. huge climate change denialism and turning your opera house into a billboard for a betting company? i mean i knew culture was thin on the ground out there in the antipodes, but ...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There's plenty of climate-change denialism everywhere, not just Australia, and we're proud of our lack of culture, thanks.
That and China and India increasing their populations and building coal-fired plants like crazy, meanwhile my state is at 47% renewable power.

But in terms of poorest political leadership Aus must be near the top.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

if you boil off all his specious and tendentious impurities it’s literally just a book of self-help clichés. you’d have to be very lost and very hungry for meaning to swallow all his mystical anima/animus stuff borrowed tout court from jung (men as order, women as chaos, i mean lol wow).

i’m not surprised jay finds a lot of sympathy with it, seeing as he relied on the state as a daddy figure to impose their ‘rules for life’ on him. his ‘white males’ formulation is a nice little bit of alt-right/peterson-esque pleading.
I agree, but for some, it's what they need. There's a reason that he has millions of followers on Youtube. I was only introduced to him after that shrieking harpy on BBC got destroyed by him.

One thing I'm happy about here in America is that classist attitudes aren't nearly as prevalent. Everything you write is dripping with condescension towards people you feel are your class inferiors. It's sad. Especially since you'd be shit without a few pop records produced by one of your ancestors. I think that is what we can really boil it down to here, is that chavs getting a leg up because they found a mentor to lead them to better things is a direct threat to you and your own place in the world. Their own kids will replace yours in the pecking order (though I doubt you'll ever have kids so those thoughts shouldn't trouble you).
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard