SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Funny thing about this thread is that Trump isn't even included in the OP list of potential candidates. Who knows what page he even shows up in.

I stand by what I said about Martin O'Malley. He would have been mint.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

We're pushing 2019 and there's posts in a 2016 election thread about how the US started WWII. Seriously, what did I miss?!
Trump was elected President - rightfully so, with no help from anyone, not even the GOP - and had the largest inauguration crowds in history, crooked Hilary is in prison awaiting sentence (having skipped the trial), America's greatest patriotic allies - the Russians - now own Facebook, Google and Twitter, having agreed to take them as payment for invading Crimea and the Ukraine.
Trump's approval ratings are higher than ever, the economy is doing great, many milestonic trade deals have been signed, America is the most beloved and respected nation this side of the moon.
There's a certain amount of fake news floating around  but you can filter that out easily - if its written down or in some form of spoken word its probably lies.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I would like to one day write a book teaching people how to best pick the hills they wish to die on. Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS is a bad hill to pick. Just switch him out with a conservative woman judge and move on with the process. Even if the allegations aren't true, Kavanaugh isn't worth a fight over considering he there is a line of people who would glid through the process if they were put up.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
"glid"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Who even points out typos in 2018?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I would like to one day write a book teaching people how to best pick the hills they wish to die on. Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS is a bad hill to pick. Just switch him out with a conservative woman judge and move on with the process. Even if the allegations aren't true, Kavanaugh isn't worth a fight over considering he there is a line of people who would glid through the process if they were put up.
Fascists do tend to come with a bit of baggage, and Trump wants a fascist.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Who even points out typos in 2018?
Teachers?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Not on the internet we don't
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I honestly have no idea what goes on in the country outside of the NYC/NJ bubble and I don't think I care to find out either. According to polls the Kavanaugh situation energized women to come out and vote GOP in the midterms. Conservative women especially reported being more interested in voting Republican due to the trouble Kavanaugh went through. I have no idea why they would side with him. I really have no idea why people in red States vote the way they do at all.
uziq
+492|3422
because they see it all as a 'leftist' (whatever that means) conspiracy, no? they're playing politics rather than examining the actual issue.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I get that to a lot of them it is a big game but I don't know what end goal they are working towards or think they are working towards. They just seem to run on emotion. Even the area's I am conservative in they don't seem to think through when I interface with them or read their opinions. I was very precise with what I want to do with law enforcement for instance but whenever I read LE stuff on right wing media it is all just bitching about BLM and kneeling. It is like: what is wrong with you people?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I get that to a lot of them it is a big game but I don't know what end goal they are working towards or think they are working towards. They just seem to run on emotion. Even the area's I am conservative in they don't seem to think through when I interface with them or read their opinions. I was very precise with what I want to do with law enforcement for instance but whenever I read LE stuff on right wing media it is all just bitching about BLM and kneeling. It is like: what is wrong with you people?
And hysterical women wielding their supposed past trauma as a club to shut people up isn't an emotional game?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I think at least some of the allegations are credible. I don't think it is some dirty trick considering Gorsuch got through just fine without a rape story coming.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Gorsuch didn't threaten the balance of the court.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
His very nomination was an affront to the democrats. The seat was Obama's to choose.

It may very well be that Kavanaugh is an uniquely flawed individual.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Or he's a prolific judge that has been cited numerous times and he's incredibly dangerous to the left because his opinions will be very difficult to overturn.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
He could just be rapist. A smart rapist.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

Or he's a prolific judge that has been cited numerous times and he's incredibly dangerous to the left because his opinions will be very difficult to overturn.
even his colleagues and associates at yale have spoken about the chauvinism around his office. only recruiting ‘model’ looking females, liking them to ‘dress a certain way’ etc. the guy sounds rapey as fuck. i think the moral integrity of literally the most powerful legal and moral authority in the country should be watertight. plenty of non-rapists for the bench.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
That is the odd thing is that, if they managed to lose the Senate, they could still probably force through one of the multitude of other off-the-shelf Federalist Society judges in the lame duck session with minimimal amount of protestations from Dems. I'm sure some middle of the road folks were turned off by the spectacle the Dems made Kavanaugh, thus helping in the midterms, but they might shoot themselves in the foot for decades with a lot of women.
uziq
+492|3422
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

If he's an impartial judge how would he be 'dangerous to the left'?

He's the GOP placeman and he and they know it. Endlessly blocking Obama's nomination was a cheap trick.
I hope putting up an obvious lying sleazebag backfires on them.

Frankly his face tells me everything I need to know.

https://img.apmcdn.org/57e985985140b24fb77ba52ca37bfc7e104bc53c/normal/45a356-20180928-kavanaugh-testimony-03.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
the swiss poet Lavater developed the discipline of physiognomy into a full diagnostic technique. you can tell a lot about a man from his face. supposedly.

you can also tell a lot about a man from multiple rape accusations by unaffiliated and separate victims. putting this down to ‘the left’ is hilarious.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Someone somewhere did say that who you are becomes written on your face.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

If he's an impartial judge how would he be 'dangerous to the left'?

He's the GOP placeman and he and they know it. Endlessly blocking Obama's nomination was a cheap trick.
I hope putting up an obvious lying sleazebag backfires on them.

Frankly his face tells me everything I need to know.

The purpose of the Federalist Society is to restore the doctrine of Federalism to the country. This means that ultimately, power would devolve to the States at the expense of the Federal government because the Constitution limits the scope of the Federal governments power. Things like Chevron Deference, abortion and gay marriage etc. are in danger at the national level because they were decided by the Supreme Court rather than legislated in the Legislative Branch. To conservatives, this is called legislating from the bench and to conservative judges, it is an evil.

In sum, the left lost their collective fucking minds when Kennedy stepped down because he represented a tie-breaking vote as he tended to vote rather randomly for either liberal or conservatives. The court was essentially 4-4-1 with Kennedy as the tiebreaker. Now it will be 5-4 in the conservatives favor and they are terrified that everything they have advocated for over the past 85 years will evaporate. It didn't matter who the Republicans put up for this nomination, they would've gotten the same treatment. There were literally thousands of reporters digging into every last detail of his entire life looking for something, anything, that could be used to sink his nomination. Kavanaugh isn't uniquely bad by any stretch, he just had the misfortune of being nominated in a midterm election year when the Democrats are out for blood and we have hysterical activists screaming that anything Trump must be stopped By Any Means Necessary.

If I was the left, I would be terrified of his confirmation right now, because the way they treated him, if he's a normal human being, he'd be out for vengeance. I certainly would be.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

the swiss poet Lavater developed the discipline of physiognomy into a full diagnostic technique. you can tell a lot about a man from his face. supposedly.

you can also tell a lot about a man from multiple rape accusations by unaffiliated and separate victims. putting this down to ‘the left’ is hilarious.
Take enough photos and you can catch anyone in a sneer.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard