Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

He was a real estate developer and was at least gambling his own money.
Um no, he was gambling borrowed money, and went bankrupt four times.
The only people who will lend to him now are state-owned Russian banks apparently.

Lets say, and this is what I firmly suspect, the Russian President instructed Russian banks to loan money to Trump at a very favourable rate of interest - lets say zero for the sake of argument.

If that were true, would it be relevant to determining whether Trump satisfies the emoluments requirement of your precious constitution?
Should Trump release his tax returns and Trump Corp finances?

Dilbert_X has been right about many things, the Iraq war for example, Dilbert_X is a smart guy let me tell you, he's also awesome at many things, everything he's done in fact. Take water-skiing as a example, Dilbert_X doesn't water-ski but if he did he'd be awesome, world champion most likely, that's just how awesome and amazing Dilbert_X is. Dilbert_X is your go-to guy on anything about Trump, anyone who says different is a fake and a liar.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3453
i literally can't believe jay comes in here complaining about stockbrokers and the 'rent-sucking profiteers' of capitalism and then denies in the very next post that trump is part of that type of financial system. as if he's somehow part of a more ethical type of business practice. i am in profound disbelief.

'i don't have a point'? we're just discussing how trump is relaxing financial regulations once again and how the last financial crisis resulting from irresponsible banking practice led to trump getting elected. jay rails against stockbrokers and traders who 'win regardless'. does he really lack the analytical skills to put this picture together?

the problem with the existing system clearly was that there were too many regulations preventing businesses (read: large corporations and financiers) from going about their business. the american economy was straitjacketed! if only trump and his cabal of the super-rich could go about unimpeded! nothing to worry about – trump made all his money via inheritance and reinvesting his own hard-earned cash. he knows how to turn a good deal. nothing to worry about here, folks.

https://i.imgur.com/nwhhd4W.jpg

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-04 02:38:23)

uziq
+492|3453
this short essay is still one of the best things i've read recently on the political economy of fascism. people can't seem to analyse the relationship between big business and government. it's not all about autocratic rule and blackshirts in the streets. neoliberalism at a point of financial crisis such as a global depression can easily shape shift into something very different – all under the cover of the casual valorisation of the businessman and 'good deals'. it's not the greedy stockbrokers chasing their bonuses who are going to bring this about.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/the … ial-reich/

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-04 03:23:39)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

uziq wrote:

i literally can't believe jay comes in here complaining about stockbrokers and the 'rent-sucking profiteers' of capitalism and then denies in the very next post that trump is part of that type of financial system. as if he's somehow part of a more ethical type of business practice. i am in profound disbelief.

'i don't have a point'? we're just discussing how trump is relaxing financial regulations once again and how the last financial crisis resulting from irresponsible banking practice led to trump getting elected. jay rails against stockbrokers and traders who 'win regardless'. does he really lack the analytical skills to put this picture together?

the problem with the existing system clearly was that there were too many regulations preventing businesses (read: large corporations and financiers) from going about their business. the american economy was straitjacketed! if only trump and his cabal of the super-rich could go about unimpeded! nothing to worry about – trump made all his money via inheritance and reinvesting his own hard-earned cash. he knows how to turn a good deal. nothing to worry about here, folks.

Do you think you made some profound gotcha point? Why would I care what Trump did in his business dealings? I was complaining about Dodd-Frank being weakened. Even if it is Trump who ordered the change, how is what you said at all relevant? Tangential at best.

Last edited by Jay (2017-02-04 03:43:36)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
it's a little odd to me that you'll get on your moral high horse about stockbrokers and then very favourably interpret the exact same attitude in trump and his administration. how is he exempt? and your understanding of how many people trump has burned in his career is laughable. "he was a real estate broker using his own money". how dumb can you be?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why is that relevant to my argument?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You're wandering into Real World Facts (tm) territory here. I say bankers are bad and you proceed to lecure everyone on a parallel topic (Trump is bad too!). I get it, you hate Trump. Good thing you don't have to live here, eh?
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
its slightly strange to me that you think they are separate phenomena. as if a trump could exist without banks to lend to him. they are both irresponsible speculators who have gambled big, taken all the profits, and left the little guy to foot the bill and pick the pieces.

trump the individual is now using his powers as trump the president to hand back more and more free rein to those institutions. 'draining the swamp' eh?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The election is over. You can stop campaigning. He won. What he did in the past is now irrelevant to me. I only care about what he does going forward.

And frankly, it never mattered to me. I never watched any of his speeches outside of the debates. I registered Republican for the first time for this election only to vote for Rand Paul. When that bombed my vote went to Gary Johnson. You're tilting at windmills.

Last edited by Jay (2017-02-04 04:42:33)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
... is that not what we're talking about? his inner circle want to deregulate and 'simplify' everything. we all know what that's a euphemism for. would it trouble you to consider the history of previous moments such as this? you won't have to look back far, precious.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Jay wrote:

Even if Trump doesn't use a single cent from banks or investors, as a developer he heavily relies on banks being able to lend to buyers of his property.

He is 100% affected by the decisions made by Wall Street firms. Did you forget the whole GFC was created due to the housing bubble...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

The election is over. You can stop campaigning. He won. What he did in the past is now irrelevant to me. I only care about what he does going forward.
You don't think the past could be an indication of the future?
All that time reading history books was wasted eh?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Even if Trump doesn't use a single cent from banks or investors, as a developer he heavily relies on banks being able to lend to buyers of his property.

He is 100% affected by the decisions made by Wall Street firms. Did you forget the whole GFC was created due to the housing bubble...
He's president now. Not a hotelier.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
jay spends a lot of time ordering his bookshelves in the way the founding fathers did. shame he never uses the 'imagination' section. much prefers to rely on snarky 500 word hitpieces on reason.com that chew it all up for him.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

... is that not what we're talking about? his inner circle want to deregulate and 'simplify' everything. we all know what that's a euphemism for. would it trouble you to consider the history of previous moments such as this? you won't have to look back far, precious.
Republicans always want deregulation. You're giving Trump the man too much credit here. I seriously doubt he has any idea what is written in Dodd-Frank.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Yet members of his family is running his organisation and not in a blind trust.

totes no conflict of interest at all.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3453

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

except he's in contravention of the emoluments clause and refuses to divest or even divulge his business interests.

jay is so red pilled.
uziq
+492|3453

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Republicans always want deregulation. You're giving Trump the man too much credit here. I seriously doubt he has any idea what is written in Dodd-Frank.
"you're giving trump the man too much credit" you say when quoting a post where i literally say 'his inner circle want deregulation'.

lmfao it's like talking to a high school kid.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Trump has the political acumen of my father in law. He probably reads Bill O'Reilly's books and gets his opinions from watching Fox News and reading WSJ op-eds i.e. a very shallow understanding of the world. Dodd-Frank has been a Republican whipping boy since it was enacted.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
trump gets his political opinion from his closest advisers and staffers in the white house. he's president now, not a hotelier.
m
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Uzi, you're such a complete waste of time. I hope your brother died an extremely painful death.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Jay wrote:

Uzi, you're such a complete waste of time. I hope your brother died an extremely painful death.
wow the fuck is wrong with you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

wow the fuck is wrong with you.
I'm overy it. Every post he writes is an insult. Day after day of insults. He's insulted me and he's insulted my kids. Fuck him. I'm sick of his childish nonsense.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

Jay wrote:

you had the pretence of being some sort of political thinker in d&st for years and since having a kid you've revealed yourself as the venal, selfish little blue collar triviality you've always been. you have no analytical ability whatsoever. dunning-kruger takes care of the rest.
uziq
+492|3453
by the way, my brother ain't dead. he just exhibits about the same level of brain activity as your average d&st post. derp derp. nobody thinks you're winning anything when you get that desperate. you just defeated yourself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard