KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

If you want control over your food...

About $100 each and a few hours with a table saw and a miter saw.
ah yes, i can grow about a month's worth of veggies and some herbs.  Superb control over my food indeed.  Don't get me wrong, I've said here many years ago my ultimate desire of owning enough land to be self sustaining in my own food production.  What motivated you to grow your own produce?
Always wanted a garden and a woodshop.

Each of those boxes can grow 128 heads of lettuce, so a bit more a months worth of veggies... look up square foot gardening. You don't need more than 16 square feet to grow a ton of food.
that's a lot of lettuce! Are you gonna sell it, or are you raising rabbits?
uziq
+492|3476

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

If you want control over your food...

About $100 each and a few hours with a table saw and a miter saw.
ah yes, i can grow about a month's worth of veggies and some herbs.  Superb control over my food indeed.  Don't get me wrong, I've said here many years ago my ultimate desire of owning enough land to be self sustaining in my own food production.  What motivated you to grow your own produce?

Each of those boxes can grow 128 heads of lettuce, so a bit more a months worth of veggies... look up square foot gardening. You don't need more than 16 square feet to grow a ton of food.
for the sake of your child's nutrition i hope you're growing a whole lot more than fucking lettuce and that's just some bizarre unit of home-gardening measurement.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5382|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

that's a lot of lettuce! Are you gonna sell it, or are you raising rabbits?
I'm growing tomatoes,  peppers, cucumbers, zucchini,  lettuce, carrots, cabbage, basil and a bunch of herbs right now. I was just using the lettuce as an example. You can fit four lettuce plants per square foot and the boxes are 4'×8' each.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3743
You should raise rabbits. The pet store will buy them. My parents dogs had puppies. The pet store offered $500 each. My parents sold them for $600-759 each privately though. They made something like $4000 in a month just taking care of some dogs.

Makes me want to buy some desolate Pennsylvania land and start a puppy mill. It would definitely help my dating life too.

What do you do for work?
I own a puppy farm! Do you like puppies? Want to come over and see my puppies?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6315|Washington St.
Mac, that's creepy. Also don't start a puppy mill. Watch any video on those things. I hate PETA as much as the next person, but I do love animals and those things are the opposite of fun for animals.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5382|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You should raise rabbits. The pet store will buy them. My parents dogs had puppies. The pet store offered $500 each. My parents sold them for $600-759 each privately though. They made something like $4000 in a month just taking care of some dogs.

Makes me want to buy some desolate Pennsylvania land and start a puppy mill. It would definitely help my dating life too.

What do you do for work?
I own a puppy farm! Do you like puppies? Want to come over and see my puppies?
I have rabbits. They built a warren under the platform for my pool and have their babies in there. There were three last year. Unfortunately,  when I moved in I promised the rabbits I wouldn't eat them. Now I regret my promise because there's like 10,000 of them in my neighborhood
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

I like rabbits
fuck like rabbits
fuck rabbits

Yeah, fuck rabbits.  No one should need to breed rabbits...they do a perfectly good job of that.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6798|Noizyland

I shoot rabbits.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX
I used to shoot rabbits and give them to the cat. He must have had a belly full of pellets.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6348|Graz, Austria

Ty wrote:

I shoot rabbits.
Don't you have to do that by order of the government, to protect the indigenous species on the islands?
Kiwis and sheep.

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6761|Oxferd Ohire
why is dadbod a thing
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6678

fat people need selfesteem too
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3743
So I was waiting with a girl I went to high school with in a car for a hour and a half. Anyway, she took out a scratch off ticket. The crossword one and played.

My question is: what does playing a scratch off say about a person? I never gamble or play lotto. I look down on lotto tickets as a waste of money. But the girl is smart. She has a degree in something medical related from Seton Hall and isn't poor so I'm just wondering how a normal person would perceive such a behavior (playing scratch offs)
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6761|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

That's great but that's not what we're talking about, food being typically dead for one thing.
Eating GMO's may be safe, and 12% of scientists say not, whereas no doubt 0.0001% would say eating non-GMO food is not safe.

The issue is whether releasing live GMOs into the environment is safe or not. No-one can predict the result, we won't know until we try it.

Eating a dead and cooked python is perfectly safe, releasing them into the local environment alive is fucking retarded.

Conflating two unlinked issues and claiming one proves the other is also fucking retarded, please stop.

And it seems your link is bullshit anyway.
http://www.independentsciencenews.org/n … organisms/
Change your argument when you see you've lost...
Nope, do try to keep up.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6741|Riva, MD
I really wanna see what a durian smells/tastes like.  The way my mom talks about them, apparently they're one of the worst smelling things on earth that you could possibly smell.  Like rancid garbage or shit.  But then I watched some regular American dude on YT eat it and he seemed like he enjoyed it, and said it had a very "strong" smell/flavor

My dad is vacationing in Southeast Asia right now but there's no way they would allow a durian through customs
jsnipy
+3,276|6546|...

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So I was waiting with a girl I went to high school with in a car for a hour and a half. Anyway, she took out a scratch off ticket. The crossword one and played.

My question is: what does playing a scratch off say about a person? I never gamble or play lotto. I look down on lotto tickets as a waste of money. But the girl is smart. She has a degree in something medical related from Seton Hall and isn't poor so I'm just wondering how a normal person would perceive such a behavior (playing scratch offs)
Mathematics tax
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6315|Washington St.

_j5689_ wrote:

I really wanna see what a durian smells/tastes like.  The way my mom talks about them, apparently they're one of the worst smelling things on earth that you could possibly smell.  Like rancid garbage or shit.  But then I watched some regular American dude on YT eat it and he seemed like he enjoyed it, and said it had a very "strong" smell/flavor

My dad is vacationing in Southeast Asia right now but there's no way they would allow a durian through customs
I think it's one of those things that is hyped to be worse than it is. It'll never live up to what you hear about it.

I smelled it once and it was awful but I had never heard about it before so I had no basis.

Find one and smell it and all will be right with the world.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6709|United States of America

jsnipy wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Mathematics tax
https://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110728.gif
jsnipy
+3,276|6546|...

hahaha that's probably pretty accurate
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

pirana6 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I think it's one of those things that is hyped to be worse than it is. It'll never live up to what you hear about it.

I smelled it once and it was awful but I had never heard about it before so I had no basis.

Find one and smell it and all will be right with the world.
depends on what kind of durian and how fresh it is.  There are places all over Asia where you can't bring Durian into the establishment (lots of high rises, hotels, mass transit) because it smells like death.  Some of the strains don't smell too overpowering, but it DOES smell and taste very strong.  I've had a few different kinds and most of 'em taste like shit (literal shit) to me.  I had some recently that was a smaller, sweet variation and it was pretty good.  Still smelly though.
CC-Marley
+407|6852
I need to deflate some weight. Any pointers?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3743
Drink a glass of water before you eat so that your body will think you are fuller than you are.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6646|Little Bentcock
Eat less move more.

easy.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6198|Sydney | ♥

Adams_BJ wrote:

Eat less move more.

easy.
qft
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard