Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,903|5766|USA

Every time Path of Exile had a major patch that fundamentally changed the skill tree and reset your point expenditure, it took me all week to get my characters back on track: theorycraft new point investments, change equipment, change socketed items. Exhausting work unless you went and stole someone else's ideas. I probably spent as much on that game as for a new AAA title in just storage tabs alone. Not really kicking myself over it because the gameplay was otherwise good, but I feel kind of done with the model and only really fire it up after a big update or to play with friends.

I'm not really in a huge hurry to get back into it in earnest, or elsewhere with anxiety-swelling, competitive toxicity like in the manchild cesspool of World of Tanks. Currently happy with low pressure factory/farm/exploration games when I don't feel like decompressing with a book.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
How do I break up with this girl? I really don't want to date her. I feel smothered. She calls all day. She called me on video chat just now. She is watching me type this message and thinks I am doing school work. I need help.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,903|5766|USA

Get yourself a Garth to be your reverse-wingman.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Get yourself a Garth to be your reverse-wingman.
What the hell does Garth Brooks have to do with this?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,915|5626|949

You met her 4 days ago and you're already in a relationship with her? You are at least partially to blame here.
Larssen
Member
+69|881
Reading the life of macbeth is like watching a mentally impaired person do gymnastics. You look concerned but clap anyway.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-02-18 13:10:22)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
I am not sure what I did wrong. All I did was answer her phone calls and make out a few times. But after today I have decided that I don't want to continue. So how do I end this? I know I can't just block her from everything. Then I need to somehow break the news to my parents who would be disappointed because they think this is adorable.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713

Larssen wrote:

Reading the life of macbeth is like watching a mentally impaired person do gymnastics. You look concerned but clap anyway.
I assume most people have drama/weirdness in their lives that is worse than mine.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,712|5731|Oxferd Ohire
Live with it forever mac
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+763|5679|United States of America
It's weird she had like pre-bought gifts for your first meeting. Is she going through her own sort of breakdown? She shouldn't be pursuing you for the wrong reasons, either.

Obviously, the adult thing to do is bring up your feelings and figure out a path forward. Let us know what you do instead.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
Well I have a date with her on Saturday. We are supposed to spend the whole day together. I need to get out of it somehow.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,903|5766|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Get yourself a Garth to be your reverse-wingman.
What the hell does Garth Brooks have to do with this?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
I have another interesting story: I told my teacher mentor about the whole thing Monday afternoon. She seemed concerned but told me a funny Valentines day story from her life. Her niece who is married got a giant display of flowers at work. Her niece was perplexed because her husband already gave her flowers. She checked the note and the flowers were from her married male first cousin. She was deeply creeped out and now there is family drama because the guy came onto his cousin. She wonders if the fact that the guy was in a motorcycle accident a few years ago messed up his brain and made him think it was okay to shoot his shot with his cousin.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,712|5731|Oxferd Ohire
bringing out his inner kentuckian
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
I talked to my sister and dad and they said I should stick it out with this girl. At least give her our all day date on Saturday. I am not having a good time.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,915|5626|949

"Hey family, I met this girl through a dating app on Saturday night and on Sunday we met up, exchanged gifts and hung out all day. By the end of day 3 we were boyfriend and girlfriend. We spend all day facetiming and talking. Did I mention we have known each other for 4 whole days? Anyway, she wants to hang out with me all day on Saturday and I'm pretty sure she wants to harvest my kidneys. What do you think I should do?"

"Yeah yeah, sounds like fun, Mac. Can you go get me another beer?"
uziq
Member
+399|2446
the fact you're having anguished conversations with your family about a girl within a week of meeting her does not augur well.

dating is supposed to be fun, lighthearted, easy.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

"Hey family, I met this girl through a dating app on Saturday night and on Sunday we met up, exchanged gifts and hung out all day. By the end of day 3 we were boyfriend and girlfriend. We spend all day facetiming and talking. Did I mention we have known each other for 4 whole days? Anyway, she wants to hang out with me all day on Saturday and I'm pretty sure she wants to harvest my kidneys. What do you think I should do?"

"Yeah yeah, sounds like fun, Mac. Can you go get me another beer?"
It was more like an inquisition or struggle session. As far as my parents know I haven't dated anyone in forever. I try very hard to keep them in the dark about what I am really up to even with dating. For instance, the substitute teacher that gave me a bunch of blow jobs...I told my family about her and that I think she has a crush on me but I never told them all of the stuff I did with her. As far as they know I was completely uninterested in her and we never hooked up.

So they know about this girl since in the time of COVID you can't really just come and go all over the place. So my family is like "aww u haz grillfrend". So I am under a lot of pressure to keep at this with this girl. And I can't tell my parents about all of the other exploitative stuff I have done with my friend's wife, middle aged women I met at bars, my subordinates etc. to shake this image they have of me in their head since I think they would be unhappy if they found out what else I have been doing for the last handful of years.

The girl called me a little earlier and I missed the call. She said a guy friend drove her to work earlier today and I am hoping he drove her home afterward and she cucked me so that I have an excuse to get out of this. Like if she called me and told me what happened I would ask her to text me the details. I will screenshot it and show it to my family and get out of this.
uziq
Member
+399|2446
you're a 30-something man. why are you feeling any sort of pressure from your family to accept someone as your girlfriend?

jesus christ you need to move out.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
Noted and agreed.

That doesn't solve the issue at hand. What do I do now?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,915|5626|949

Tell her that things are moving too fast. Be honest and let her know if you want to pursue things at a slower place or just cut it off completely. Tell your parents/family that you'd rather keep your dating life to yourself bc you don't want any added pressure.

Time to start acting like an adult, dude. I know you don't get a manual when you turn 18, and much of #adulting is essentially a complicated improv and adlib scenario, but at this point I think you are actively avoiding putting on your big boy pants.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
Okay thank you. I sucked it up and let my parents know to stay out of my business. When the girl calls I am going to tell her this isn't working out.

Thank you spiritual advisers Ken and Uzique. Let us pray together
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/514922ee78c25e2bb90a92cf29ab3e31e5542750/c=0-153-3000-1848/local/-/media/2017/09/05/USATODAY/USATODAY/636402117477958658-GTY-841608592.jpg?width=660&height=373&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
uziq
Member
+399|2446
not to sound too harsh or anything, but it's better you're told it straight early.

you're like an absalom on his mule with his hair catching in a large oak.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,915|5626|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Okay thank you. I sucked it up and let my parents know to stay out of my business. When the girl calls I am going to tell her this isn't working out.

Thank you spiritual advisers Ken and Uzique. Let us pray together
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/514922ee78c25e2bb90a92cf29ab3e31e5542750/c=0-153-3000-1848/local/-/media/2017/09/05/USATODAY/USATODAY/636402117477958658-GTY-841608592.jpg?width=660&height=373&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
Do you really pray? What's that like?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+471|2713
I don't pray. I assume if there is an almighty God, he can just read my mind and heart. I can't meditate either.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard